Follow

Guardians of the Galaxy

Team » Guardians of the Galaxy appears in 1116 issues.

The first published Guardians of the Galaxy was a team of freedom fighters in the 31st century. The name was later used for the team Star-Lord formed to deal with galactic-level threats in present day. The present day team's name was influenced by a member of the 31st century team who had time traveled to the present.

Awesome Toy Picks: Guardians of the Galaxy Vinyl Bobble-Head Mystery Minis

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. If you watched the video at the top of the page, you already know what we'll be looking at--Guardians of the Galaxy Vinyl Bobble-Head Mystery Minis figures from Funko since the movie is now available digitally and coming to home video on December 9.

No Caption Provided

If you enjoy when we do unboxing videos in the hopes we don't get duplicate figures, be sure to watch the video.

These are packaged individually and tend to sell for around $7 each. There are twelve different figures you could get.

No Caption Provided

According to the package, you have a 1 in 12 chance of getting each figure. These individual boxes come in cases of 12. I only got four of them from the same case. That means you shouldn't get any duplicate figures. As you saw in the video, I didn't get any duplicates.

The figure stand about 3" each (Rocket is obviously a tiny bit smaller). The bobble isn't too intense to that it would take away from the look of the figure. I have noticed the occasional differences in figures depending on the manufacturing and placement of the spring inside the head.

Here's some close up shots of the ones I got.

Star-Lord

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

There's two different Star-Lords in the set and of course he's one that you'd most likely want. I do like the kneeling look. It's more of an action pose and looks pretty cool.

Rocket Raccoon

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Rocket is another great figure to get. Mine looks like he has a really long neck. This is the problem I mentioned before. Sometimes they look a little off because you can see the spring and neck.

Gamora

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is another great figure to get. It's kind of funny seeing Gamora with a smile on her face. But it fits with the style of the figures. No reason she should be so serious all the time, right?

Ronan

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Here's the weird thing about the Ronan figure, there's two different verions: a glow-in-the-dark and metallic version. What's weird is there isn't a regular version. When I think metallic, I think deeper or shinier colors. When I first opened this one, I wasn't sure if it was the metallic or glow-in-the-dark version. As you may have figured out, it is the metallic version. It just looks like he's wearing a light purple outfit.

No Caption Provided

Part of the fun of these types of figures is the blind boxes. Some may not like them but it adds some mystery. If there is indeed an equal chance for each figure, that makes it easier to avoid duplicates. No one wants duplicates. That also means none of the figures are any rarer than the others. That might not be of any importance to some. I like having an equal chance for each.

The size is also nice. You want to be able to get more than one. If the size is too big, you run into the problem of trying to find a place to put them all.

No Caption Provided

That's it for this week's edition. We'll have another item featured next week. We'll also have a contest giveaway starting this week.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I may buy that Star-Lord.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

I want that blue bald headed Karen Gillan with a robot arm toy........ Wait? Where's her robot arm!

Banemax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

These are pretty cool. I bought one randomly once just to see and got Groot. He has the same neck-spring issue but otherwise looks great and is a nice little desk decoration.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always love these, I'll pick up a few boxes for sure.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

These are cool, but the dancing groot bobble that came out earlier was better.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony, the "Glow" is referring to the Nebula and Drax figures. There are only two versions of Ronin: regular and metallic. It looks like you got the regular version.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By gmanfromheck

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.