The 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Movie Plot Revealed

• 88 results
#51 Posted by Vance Astro (91289 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Vance will be in the film because he's too much like Cap, I think Starlord is a better fit for the film.

#52 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

me and some of my friends speculated disney will mess this up by making rocket racoon a gun toting racoon... with a black voice. oooooh that would destroy disney. and i hope they do it!

#53 Posted by Whiskeyjack (41 posts) - - Show Bio
About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.

So it's Farscape.

#54 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooo Farscape then?

#55 Posted by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

FARSCAPE ROCK'D so that's a GOOD REFERENCE!

#56 Posted by Metron144 (103 posts) - - Show Bio

You cannot have Rocket Racoon without Groot.

#57 Posted by Deprive (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't that the plot for Farscape?

#58 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Man i dunno about this one. Of coarse I will see it but I gotta say I dont know what to think because except for Silver Surfer and the Shiar/ Starjammers I dont know squat about CosmicMarvel.

#59 Posted by webofthornns (671 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like the premise of Farscape to me

#60 Posted by BlackWidowBoy (27 posts) - - Show Bio

was hoping for a fuller cast Guardians was my favorite marvel title in years. would love to see Cosom and the entire MenTech team with Mantis and Moondragon and Phyla and Groot there too.

#61 Posted by chadster1975 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically the Green Lantern Core was introduced in 1959. The Guardians of the Galaxy didn't show up until ten years later in 1969. With the way the Green Lantern movie bombed why does Marvel want to do a Guardians of the Galaxy movie? Movies are made in order to make money. Comic book movies are often green-lit because they have an already built-in fan base. While a lot of rather hard-core comic book readers are aware of Guardians of the Galaxy, it doesn't seem like newbies or occasional readers know who they are. Seems to me investors in GotG are taking quite a risk on this one.

#62 Edited by Danial79 (2352 posts) - - Show Bio

They're using the most recent line-up, so of course it's going to be Star Lord. My question is, none of them are super-powered, so how are they going to take on Thanos? In the comics they had Adam Warlock, so hopefully he'll make an appearance.

#63 Posted by Gojira00 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see Rocket Raccoon and Groot. I hope they do this movie right.

#64 Posted by XHyperionX (33 posts) - - Show Bio
About a U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.
This sounds exactly like the plot for Farscape if anyone remembers that TV show from a few years back.
#65 Posted by XHyperionX (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

@Big_Nasty: It seems more like Farscape IMO.

Did not see this post before I posted the same thing but I completely agree.

#66 Posted by Doc_Holliday (8 posts) - - Show Bio

That's the plot to Farscape. Am I the only one who noticed that?

#67 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

Groot?

#68 Posted by jloneblackheart (5541 posts) - - Show Bio

Major Victory was in both the original 691 Guardians and the current 616 Guardians.

I am sure they are referring to Starlord as the pilot. He was a NASA astronaut and after becoming Starlord had the sentient space ship.... well, Ship.

#69 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm ecstatic! I am the only person I know who loves them. hahah. Seriously I was sad when the series ended, and I can't wait to see the movie. I think Starlord should be there! And I'd love to see them bring back Phyla-Vell & Moon Dragon!

#70 Posted by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Whiskeyjack said:

So it's Farscape.

YAY!!! a new Farscape movie.

#71 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like Vance more for the movie but yes I'm betting Starlord would just be a better candidate for this plot. Definitely looking forward to this now.

#72 Posted by AskaniSon295 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

Farscape

#73 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll still watch it no matter what.

#74 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

it'll be star lord he was in the concept art and it would make for a good build up

even through it would be cool to have quasar or Vance Astro

#75 Posted by Michiel76 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMess1428: "groot" actually means "big" or "large" in dutch, don't know if the creator (i guess Larry Lieber) of Groot took it out of a dutch dictonary but it seems fitting.

I'm all for this movie if it means Marvel starts up a new GoG series again which i'm sure they will. Hmm maybe even Ultimate Gaurdians of the Galaxy, who knows?

#76 Posted by Namor1987 (1890 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the 616 version good. I don't like the alternate team

#77 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to love this even if it sucks. ;P Cause that's the way I roll when some of my favorite silly fun characters hit the big screen!

#78 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited about this! If they keep the feeling of the comics, then this should feel like Han Solo, Chewie, Leia, and the droids flying around in the original Star Wars trilogy.

#79 Posted by TheMightyHerc (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope NOVA appears..

Can't wait for this Movie, Thanks Marvel..

#80 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

if michael bay is involved in any way shape or form then ill pass

#81 Posted by WhatJ (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope its not a comedy try to please everyone movie like the ones disney/marvel has been doing with slick one liners..

The Guardians latest comic series was a more serious comic with a pg-13,R rated feel i know that they will not put a

R rated film out but at least give it that gritty blade runner feel and dont make the Raccoon some nice kid friendly version give me Rocket the kick ass beer drinking Raccoon.....

I can dream right..

#82 Posted by FearTheLiving (3703 posts) - - Show Bio

I have faith in the Marvel Universe at this point, I've enjoyed all of them so I will for sure go see this. Even if I had no clue about the other movies I see this for the ass kicking raccoon alone.

#83 Posted by Ama_Sama (101 posts) - - Show Bio

This could be a risky move. It will have the loyal comic book fan-base, but here's to hoping it flies with the general movie viewing public. I feel like the movie all hinges on Rocket Raccoon. We'll see what happens, but I'll give Marvel Studios my thumbs up and faith. Here's hoping it isn't misplaced.

#84 Posted by Tchokes (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@Novemberx2: Because people will eat shit and ask for more, if it's in the movies and it's marketed well.

#85 Posted by johnjoe66 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Delphic: DC movies are $#!%(EXCEPT FOR THE BATMAN MOVIES) they just cant make a good movie

#86 Posted by uroboros (140 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear lord let this spark a new line of cosmic titles from Marvel. I've been waiting to long now for my fix.

#87 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that the pilot in the movie is gonna be Carol Danvers. They didn't say anything about the pilot's gender, and they might want to have her be Ms. Marvel in the next Avengers movie, so it'd make sense.

#88 Posted by Cap10nate (2481 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this movie is as big of a risk as a lot of people are pointing it out to be. I bet the end credit scenes in either IM3, Thor, or Cap will have something to do with it to build up anticipation like they did for the other movies during phase 1. Also, it will be marketed as a lead in to Avengers 2 most likely so the crowds will show up simply for that fact.

#89 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheMightyHerc said:

I hope NOVA appears..

Can't wait for this Movie, Thanks Marvel..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.