Guardians of the Galaxy to be Animated?

#1 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this movie gonna be a live action film like the rest of the MCU or an animated film like something Pixar would make?

#2 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

live-action I think

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure it's live-action. It's part of Phase 2, so wouldn't it have to be?

#4 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, I dunno. You've got what, two, three actors who will actually be seen onscreen? Not familiar enough with the team to know who each of them are, but the raccoon and the treewould probably be entirely CGI. The guy in the mask, looks like the leader, his face'll never be seen, so that'll be a factor in who they get to play him as well. The only two who would be recognizably be played with heavy make up would be the remaining two. So I think it may actually be better for CGI.

#5 Posted by Loki9876 (3049 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith:Peter Quill or Star-lord's (with the mask) will be seen, in the comics the face is seen all the time.

#6 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah cool, it turns out the article I read was mistaken about it being animated

#7 Edited by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be live action if they're going to be in Avengers 2 - apparently Guardians of the Galaxy leads straight into Avengers 2 anyways, unless they decide to make an Ant-Man film at the last minute...

#8 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus said:

This is gonna be live action if they're going to be in Avengers 2 - apparently Guardians of the Galaxy leads straight into Avengers 2 anyways, unless they decide to make an Ant-Man film at the last minute...

They have decided to make an Ant-Man film.

#9 Posted by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I know they've decided - but it wasn't given an offiicial release date just like 6 years ago when they first announced it - Just because Edgar Wright brought footage at SDCC it doesn't mean it's gonna happen soon. Marvel doesn't need to rush, but I do actually think an Ant-Man film should be made soon...

#10 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not exactly hiring a real raccoon.

#11 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7853 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I know they've decided - but it wasn't given an offiicial release date just like 6 years ago when they first announced it - Just because Edgar Wright brought footage at SDCC it doesn't mean it's gonna happen soon. Marvel doesn't need to rush, but I do actually think an Ant-Man film should be made soon...

My bad. Misunderstood you. But yes, they should do Ant-Man before Avengers 2. Adding Ant-man to the lineup will be a plus.

#12 Edited by Tyrus (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

@BiteMe-Fanboy: I actually think Ant-Man will be made - because if Kevin Feige is planning 6 Cinematic universe movies every phase (Phase 1: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 Thor, Captain America The First Avenger, Avengers), then Ant-Man should be the fifth film for Phase 2 - not only that, but he also said he wants to release 2 marvel movies every year- Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World, 2013 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy 2014 - THEN, Ant-Man and Avengers 2, 2015... That makes sense.

#13 Posted by InfamousFish (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Live action hopefully.

#14 Posted by proshiv (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I have read it and they have said that phase two of the avengers will only consist of 5 movies. (Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Avengers 2.) They have told us two movies that will be in phase 3 so far, Dr. Strange and Ant Man

#15 Posted by Teerack (6372 posts) - - Show Bio

And on this day Jodez discovered concept art.

#16 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was about a possible animated series. Such a disappointment to click this thread.

#17 Posted by medulaoblaganda (925 posts) - - Show Bio

animated series and live action

#18 Posted by AmazingSpiderman15 (1146 posts) - - Show Bio

live action, you can watch it now

#19 Edited by FearTheLiving (3137 posts) - - Show Bio

live action, you can watch it now

I'd like you to take notice of the date this was created then ask yourself if these guys know that it's live action by now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.