how did Grimlock achieved a seemingly limitless intellect

#1 Posted by rog93 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

how did he get the intellect

#2 Posted by MrDirector786 (43550 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're talking about that episode from the G1 series where he turned super-intelligent, he obtained it somehow when he destroyed that generator which some people hired by Galvatron put anti-electrons into, and all that power just did something to him. I can't explain it really. It just happened.

#3 Posted by MrDirector786 (43550 posts) - - Show Bio

And yes, I know this is more than a year late, but whatever.

#4 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

the toys say he level out of intelligence is 7 out of 10. He may have bad grammar but it is stated that he smarter than he appears.

#5 Posted by Versasovantare (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I think his level of intelligence varies between continuities.

In the cartoon, he is honestly quite dumb while in the Marvel comics he could be perfectly intelligent, but was prone to rash decisions and pig-headedness. I think his speech impediment there was supposed to be some sort of viral glitch.

The Dreamwave comics seemed to start out with him in the cartoon's simple-minded persona, but from the second series onward he was more like his Marvel comics self. IDW also seems to have gone with the intelligent, but arrogant incarnation too.

Personally, I quite like both incarnations of Grimlock. His cartoon personality's one of the few things from the old cartoons that can still make me laugh, while I tend to find the smart, kinda brutal character more interesting to read about.

#6 Posted by ilikedonuts (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if ya mean in that G1 cartoon episode when he became smarter, it just happened when he trashed some gizmo.

Otherwise he wuz pretty dumb in that cartoon. But in most comics, he's really smart, much smarter than he seems.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.