Wouldn't people be suspicious if Hal Jordan has a green ring on?

#1 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda stupid that a normal guy would be wearing a big shiny noticeable ring on him so wouldn't people notice he's green lantern?

#2 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14833 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he takes it off in public

#3 Posted by Aronmorales (9291 posts) - - Show Bio

That or they sell knock-offs in the DC universe to the public, so when he walks by... 
Guy#1: "Hey! is that the Green Lantern?!"  
Guy#2:"Nah, don't be stupid, that's gotta be one of those cheap plastic-things that nerds wear"
Hal Jordan: "Once again the secret is safe!"

#4 Posted by SC (13341 posts) - - Show Bio

I walk around with ALL my plastic Lantern power rings all the time, and people aren't suspicious of me... not until I pull out my wood replica Mjolnir at least, and its not so much suspicion but awkward and mocking stares of disapproval.  

Or maybe Hal wears a hat with a feather as well in public, and people will be less likely to question the ring with him wearing that type of hat. 

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Band Lone (1774 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey in real life I wear a Jade ring! :D 

Am I Green Lantern? Cause I really could use the powers O_o

Lets see  

Raises his ring in the air at a very public  place and yells
:

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power… Green Lantern’s light!

Didn't work and now I look like an idiot.... Thank you..  xD

#6 Posted by the_fallen11 (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Im pretty sure his ring can cloak itself.
#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't the world at large know Hal Jordan is the Green Lantern in the DC Universe?

#8 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_fallen11 said:
" Im pretty sure his ring can cloak itself. "
this...he can turn the ring invisible

also how many times are you walking down the street checking out all the rings people are wearing
#9 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14833 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @the_fallen11 said:
" Im pretty sure his ring can cloak itself. "
this...he can turn the ring invisible  also how many times are you walking down the street checking out all the rings people are wearing "
ALL THE TIME, its better than looking at their shoes
#10 Posted by Eyz (3042 posts) - - Show Bio

I sort of remember him putting it in his jacket or in his locker, so..

Plus the knockoffs excuse!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.