inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

The Good

Hal and Kilowog are on planet Dekann trying to arrest Nol-Anj and her clan, but Nol-Anj is extremely powerful. Hal asks the Green Lantern Corps to come to him for help.

Billy Tan does a wonderful job on the art side of things. He has become an artist I get excited about while on Green Lantern books because I really feel like he captures these characters well. There's a few close-up shots on Hal that look fantastic. Same goes for most of the panels of Kilowog as well. He really captures the "meathead with a golden heart" that Kilowog has.

What's really interesting about this issue is that these characters live in a different world now because of the events of Lights Out. Before members of the Corps head off to Dekann to help Hal and Kilowog, Graf and Vath get into a bit of a discussion about using their rings, since it was revealed in Lights Out that using the emotional spectrum drains the universe of its energy. There seems to be a split here. Vath, who seems comfortable with using the rings, knowing the reservoir has been refilled, and everyone else, who is a bit against tapping into the emotional spectrum.

Mogo's involvement in this issue is amazing. I really like what writer Robert Venditti is doing with this character. The GLC is now a mobile police force, since the power battery is on Mogo and Mogo can move about as it pleases. This adds a new dimension to the book, since there is no stationary central location for this group. The end of the issue leads the reader to believe that something more sinister is happening. Is this a force that the GLC will be able to stop? I really like the direction this book is heading, post Lights Out.

The Bad

There's three people working on the inks on this issue. It becomes pretty obvious, in some scenes, since the inking styles are so different from each other. Different artists, colorists, and inkers on the same book is fine as long as it's close to seamless, or the art changes in the story for a certain reason. One their own, each inker is talented, but it becomes a bit distracting with the changes here.

The Verdict

Venditti and Tan continue to impress with their run on GREEN LANTERN. This book has gone through some insane changes since Venditti took over as writer, and frankly, I'm loving what's going on. This more mobile Green Lantern Corps is a very fun idea and I like the execution. The ending is pretty cool and seems like it will lead up to something interesting. The best way to describe the direction of this book is exciting and extremely entertaining. Overall, I highly recommend this issue.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Great issue! I'm loving Venditti's work on this book.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain13

The Green Lantern titles pretty much form a weekly title now. Might make more sense just to rename all the books "Green Lantern" to boost sales.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

The last issue left a big stupid smile on my face on the middle of Barnes and Noble. Hal and Kilowog were great.

ChocolateFrogs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Sounds like a great jumping-on point! Is this a single issue, or a chapter one, or standalone that really leads into something bigger?

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 1

Jordan has become a villan just in the name of protecting the universe.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vulshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hal Jordan could just as easily have been the villain in this story.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#8 inferiorego  Staff

@theprez said:

Jordan has become a villan just in the name of protecting the universe.

He's down the middle for me, but I think we'll start to see that turn completely soon.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@inferiorego: agrees. He's going down a slippery slope. Nol Anj is one thing ... But he really should've called a meeting of the various corps or something

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I enjoyed this a lot more than the last two. I think the first thing they would do would be to get the Ring of Mogo since he is a planet and would be able to construct constructs lager than any one else.

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
    Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By manwithoutshame

I'm with Hal, screw the rest of the multi-colored lanterns!

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
    ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

@vulshock said:

Hal Jordan could just as easily have been the villain in this story.

I feel this on an emotional level, my friend. Venditti is turning him into Sinestro, and I hope that's deliberate.

jojobinks70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole "you use your ring you drain the universe" story direction is annoying to me, frankly. So all the ring slinging through Sinestro War and Blackest Night didn't cause any problems, but now a Lantern just uses his ring and it's an issue. Whatever.

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole "you use your ring you drain the universe" story direction is annoying to me, frankly. So all the ring slinging through Sinestro War and Blackest Night didn't cause any problems, but now a Lantern just uses his ring and it's an issue. Whatever.

i agree it seems like bs to restrict the corps

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Is this a good jumping on point?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I kinda like Johns of the title. As good as his storylines are there was no character development at all!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.