Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Green Lantern tracks Agent Orange down to a dump he's erected, only to find that Hector Hammond's got his eyes on the Orange Lantern himself.

The Good

I'm surprised at how much pathos and depth that Johns was able to convey from such an absurd character like Hector Hammond. Maybe you never quite sympathize with this monster, but you certainly can see where he's coming from (and maybe even feel sorry for him.) The opening fantasy with him saving Carol Ferris and vanquishing a deformed Hal really crystallized the villains' dilemma and the appeal the Orange Lantern would have on him. Also, while it might have run a little silly for some, I enjoyed Larfleeze's twisted view of Santa Claus and his cartoonish efforts to use jolly ol' Saint Nick to, at last, satisfy his every desire.

The Bad

Maybe this comment runs a little fanboyish, but the creativity of GL's constructs ran a little out-of-character. I always understood that one of the key difference between Hal and Kyle was that Hal would opt for a giant baseball bat while go for some elaborately designed samurai sword (for example.) And what about GL's denial of Santa's existence? Somebody call the continuity cops, because Kris Kringle was actually a member of the Justice League for an issue, as I recall. For shame!

The Verdict - 4/5

The concepts Johns has added to Green Lantern's mythology continue to be infinitely intriguing. Even though we're however many years past the Sinestro Corps War, there's still much to be mined in the interactions of all the different corps and their respective entities. To that end, I'm intrigued to see where Hector Hammond's new relationship with the Orange Lantern will go.  
    tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By tensor

good now i can pick this up

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123

WHO IS THAT GUY IN THE HOOD?!
    And the last page in this issue is awesome.

MorlockMartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MorlockMartyr

The guy in the hood might be the "mad guardian," this was hinted at in a recent issue of GLCorps.  
    I really thought GL would fall off after Blackest Night, but Johns is keeping me interested. GLCorps, however, has fallen off, IMO. I hope Emerald Warriors (an obvious cash-in) doesn't suck too hard.

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney
    @doordoor123: It has to be scar The BL guardian 
    how many other deformed looking shot people are there in the GL part of DC
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By Dracade102
    *Is Typing this while Wearing an Orange Lantern Ring*
    THIS ISSUE MUST BE MINE!!!
    Green Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Green Flash

Love how Orange Entity is in North Branch, MN...home of  Mahnke....and Gleason for that matter.  'SOTA!  Along those lines...is that town in Michigan Geoff's hometown?

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By greenenvy

I freak in  knew it that Hector Hammond was going to be a orange lantern  and I was like hell yeah the new king of greed.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By NightFang3
    @tensor said:
    "Now I can pick this up"
                 You and me both.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.