Follow

Green Lantern

Movie » Green Lantern released on June 17, 2011.

A live-action adaptation of Hal Jordan's origin story. Following the death of the Green Lantern's greatest member, Abin Sur, Hal Jordan is chosen to bare the famous ring and protect sector 2814, but will he continue with the great responsibility Abin Sur has given him or will he decline?

Why all comic fans should go see Green Lantern

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

Even if you aren't a fan this movie needs to be successful so that movie studios will continue to give lesser known or unproven characters a chance at a movie, If you ever want to see the cosmic heroes like say Silver Surfer or Adam Strange even get consideration for a movie you'll want to make sure this movie is successful because lets face it Hollywood is filled with producers who are easily scared off from any concept even slightly similar to a movie flop. If this movie tanks it will probably be the last shot for the Green Lantern for probably years to come if ever. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'll see it, but my hopes are low.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe
    @JediXMan: I'm not saying its gonna be great but this is one of those times when we just need to support something for the good of future comic movies
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#5  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Im seeing it on friday
    Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#7  Edited By Mighty Thorion

I'm looking forward to it - I like the look of what I have seen in the trailers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.