Follow

Green Lantern

Movie » Green Lantern released on June 17, 2011.

A live-action adaptation of Hal Jordan's origin story. Following the death of the Green Lantern's greatest member, Abin Sur, Hal Jordan is chosen to bare the famous ring and protect sector 2814, but will he continue with the great responsibility Abin Sur has given him or will he decline?

Is anyone REALLY suprised? (Green lantern Movie)

• 108 results
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@xybernauts: Also Marvel have failed more often that DC.
    Also DC dont want like do movies about superheroe forever, since DC is owned by WB, they know they have all the time in the world, since they will never lose the character, well meaby only Superman.
    Like i said, it was the Street Fighter ideas, take the same product, put extra character, better graphics, and a bunch of thing, but still is the same thing.
    That why i always buy the last SF games, i only haved Third Strike and i will only buy Super Street Fighter 4 acrcade Edition.
    also i think the same thing about Avengers.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#102  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @xybernauts said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Truthfully, I really didn't like iron Man 2 either. I also think it was a failure. I just wanted to read you're answer. Iron Man did a great job of focusing on Iron Man and the creation of his armor. i loved the time and detail the spent on the creation of the armor. IM2 was way too gimmicky. Iron Man in IM2 came across like Booster Gold to me. I personally think if they focused more on taking the creation of War Machine more seriously, instead of making a joke it would have helped to make the movie better.  

@spiderbat87 said: 
    What about Batman and Batman Returns? I think Watchmen was a success, its one of my fav films.  The same could be said for marvel tho Hulk X-Men 2 Spiderman 3 Blade 3 Iron Man 2 Daredevil  Ghost Rider  where all pretty crap
    I agree that Batman and Batman Returns were good movies that were successful, but the basic point is that DC only does well with 2 characters while Marvel does well with 7+. And the sad part is DC has been in the movie scene longer then Marvel. 
    Thats coz DC have only really tried with 2 characters (I am still counting Watchmen, and hex wasnt a superhero film) Green Lantern was unfairly panned  IMO
    xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By xybernauts
    @DeathpooltheT1000
    Well you know the saying, it's better to try and fail then to never try at all. Marvel has more successes because it's tries more often then not. That makes it a winner in my book.  

I also forgot to mention Men in Black and Kick ass among Marvel's successes. 
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87 said:
    @xybernauts said:
    @DeathpooltheT1000: Truthfully, I really didn't like iron Man 2 either. I also think it was a failure. I just wanted to read you're answer. Iron Man did a great job of focusing on Iron Man and the creation of his armor. i loved the time and detail the spent on the creation of the armor. IM2 was way too gimmicky. Iron Man in IM2 came across like Booster Gold to me. I personally think if they focused more on taking the creation of War Machine more seriously, instead of making a joke it would have helped to make the movie better.  

@spiderbat87 said: 
    What about Batman and Batman Returns? I think Watchmen was a success, its one of my fav films.  The same could be said for marvel tho Hulk X-Men 2 Spiderman 3 Blade 3 Iron Man 2 Daredevil  Ghost Rider  where all pretty crap
    I agree that Batman and Batman Returns were good movies that were successful, but the basic point is that DC only does well with 2 characters while Marvel does well with 7+. And the sad part is DC has been in the movie scene longer then Marvel. 
    Thats coz DC have only really tried with 2 characters (I am still counting Watchmen, and hex wasnt a superhero film) Green Lantern was unfairly panned  IMO
    My point also, i dont think DC try to make movies with GL, Hex or anything like that, i think actually was WB the wguy that wanted those movies, also that is why they really try their best with Batman and Superman only.
    utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By utotheg38

man i forgot about this thread.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By utotheg38

revisited, Just as terrible as the first time I watched It

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#107  Edited By TheCannon

@utotheg38 said:

revisited, Just as terrible as the first time I watched It

This.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By RoboShark

The movie ain't great, I've seen worse.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.