Year One is to Batman as Blank is to Green Lantern

#1 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm interested in reading some of the...quintessential green lantern stories. Anyone have some suggestions?

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: Which Green Lantern, mate?
#3 Posted by Demas (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sydpart2: 
http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/green_lantern&p=2
DC suggests Emerald Dawn and Rebirth and Recharge
#4 Posted by Sydpart2 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Any are fine, I know enough about them that I shouldn't have to hard of a time to pick up on what's happening

#5 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Batman Year One would be like Green Lnatern Secret Orgin. But if you don't want something like that then Rebirth would be a good start.
#6 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

Secret Origin and Rebirth are great jumping on points.

#7 Posted by jollygreenranger (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally love green lantern rebirth and think that it is one of the best green lantern stories ever, while i like secret origin it seems to have a lot more set up in it than being a solid origin story but they both are excellent jumping on points.

#8 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Secret Origin. I think it's the best place to begin

#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre Johns: Emerald Dawn 
Post Johns: Secret Origin

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.