Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Why was GL de-powered under the New 52..?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Reading an early New 52 Justice League story recently, I noted Hal Jordan getting a rough ride, with Superman and WW both breaking his constructs, the latter smacking him around a fair bit, the former busting him up through his shields and GL leaving the Justice League in a later story. Why has Green Lantern been de-powered compared with the other JL Big 4 in the new 52 stories?

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sinestro_GL

Well, I guess Johns wanted to show that Hal was still relatively inexperienced as a GL (in terms of being a GL and not underestimating his opponents, and not being so arrogant) as that first arc was set during the time that superheroes were emerging...but I agree, it was really annoying to see Hal's constructs pretty easily neutralized.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Well, I guess Johns wanted to show that Hal was still relatively inexperienced as a GL (in terms of being a GL and not underestimating his opponents, and not being so arrogant) as that first arc was set during the time that superheroes were emerging...but I agree, it was really annoying to see Hal's constructs pretty easily neutralized.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

it was really annoying to see Hal's constructs pretty easily neutralized.

but it was cool looking so it made up for it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.