Who is the new Green Lantern?

#1 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

]

Is this just a new take on Stewart or do we have yet another earth lantern?

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7940 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a completely new GL named Baz, he's Arab American.

#3 Posted by _slim_ (14047 posts) - - Show Bio

What does a GL need a gun for... lol.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34960 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: How do we know he's American?
#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

What does earth need another damn GL for.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7940 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34960 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree: Hmm Americans must be the only pepole on Earth with enough will to control a Green Lantern ring....
#8 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: Lol!

#9 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

What does earth need another damn GL for.

Just saying: right now Hal Jordan is kind of our only Lantern on Earth

and issue 12 and the solicits suggest that he might die soon.

With Kyle with the New Guardians and John and Guy off-world (and actually protecting the sector), Earth may need another Lantern.

#10 Edited by The_Tree (7940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous: I wish I could come up with some sort of witty/jokey comeback/explanation for such a situation, but I just can't. This could've been DC's chance to have a foreign GL, adding one more to the group of foreign Lanterns, where Rankorr resides all by his lonesome.

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34960 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@Jonny_Anonymous: I wish I could come up with some sort of witty/jokey comeback/explanation for such a situation, but I just can't. This could've been DC's chance to have a foreign GL, adding one more to the group of foreign Lanterns, where Rankorr resides all by his lonesome.

How about a female Saudi Arabian  Green Lantern? Then again Geoff Jones would probably just kill her after five panels like he did The Seer
#12 Posted by Onemoreposter (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: No way Johns kills off his golden boy

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7940 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@The_Tree said:

How about a female Saudi Arabian Green Lantern? Then again Geoff Jones would probably just kill her after five panels like he did The Seer

I didn't mind Kahina's death, mainly because Johns didn't lead us on for a bunch of issues only to kill her off. She was pretty much a plot device. I'd be interested in a Cuban, Chinese, North Korean, French, Scottish, Russian, or Saudi Arabian Green Lantern, or any type of Lantern for that matter. I really don't care what race the next GL is, so long as it's not American, hell, we already have enough Green Lanterns from Earth. I'm sure there are plenty more planets in 2814 with intelligent life.

#14 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@KnightRise: No way Johns kills off his golden boy

Its mainstream comics we're talking about, so no way it'll last permenantly if it happens.

But the solicits mention a death of a GL. First I thought it would be John on deathrow, then I thought Guy would take the execution for him, now with issue 12 saying Hal will be the greatest Black Lantern and his MIA status in 0 and 13, I think it'll be Hal.
#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (15064 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a new character that is called Biaz.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34960 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@The_Tree said:

How about a female Saudi Arabian Green Lantern? Then again Geoff Jones would probably just kill her after five panels like he did The Seer

I didn't mind Kahina's death, mainly because Johns didn't lead us on for a bunch of issues only to kill her off. She was pretty much a plot device. I'd be interested in a Cuban, Chinese, North Korean, French, Scottish, Russian, or Saudi Arabian Green Lantern, or any type of Lantern for that matter. I really don't care what race the next GL is, so long as it's not American, hell, we already have enough Green Lanterns from Earth. I'm sure there are plenty more planets in 2814 with intelligent life.

But she was (as far as I could tell) the only Middle Eastern female DC have ever had but instead of trying to make an actual character out of her they humiliate her and kill her off in about five panels 
#17 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

This new GL is clearly not a muslim.

#18 Posted by RingSlinger (533 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming from a huge Kyle/Hal fan i would have liked much more to see Kyle take over for Hal instead of this new guy but ill be keeping an open mind and trust the writers to tell a good story. I just hope the new GL is interesting and creative with his powers...

Also I think the concept for the Third Army's soldiers is dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.