The New Green Lantern should of been Younger or a Woman.

#1 Posted by Teerack (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

Every single green Lantern that has had their own book is an Adult male. All of the Lanterns from Earth have been Males. I would of like to see something different, and making him Arab doesn't make him different enough in my opinion.

A girl Green Lantern could have been interesting. A lot of the coolest Lanterns in my opinion have been girls and I would of liked to see a new Human female lantern.

What I have never understood is that there really should be some more young lanterns. As far as I know there isn't an age requirement to over coming great fear. Green Lantern is the only Big franchise DC hero left out of all the young heroes, and as far as I know there has never been a green lantern in the Teen Titans or any young hero group. Now if they took the current new green lantern and made him 16 or something around that age I think it would of been a lot more interesting then just another Lantern. So ya that's why I think they messed up on the new lantern and I would of loved to see a teen Lantern on the titans.

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner was a Titan.

#3 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

We already had a teenage Lantern, so I propose this...

Replace Guy Gardner with a chick.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34286 posts) - - Show Bio

Every single earth Lantern is American so I propose a Scottish teenage female 

#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

We already have too many human GL's as it is anyway.

#6 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

you should be a woman

#7 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Having it been a girl lantern would have brought something new to the table, in my opinion.

#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think an Indian woman would have been a great choice or make her 16 and have her not only facing evil, but the expectations of her family, and tradition. You could have her experiences really alter her perception of the world.

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Johns can't write women well. He picked a character he can write about, and as such Baz was the right choice. A good character isn't a list checkboxes.

#10 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

if it wasnt a adult male i would prefer alien over woman, nothing against woman.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

It should have been a newborn baby. Specifically a baby with the willpower to survive premature birth.

#12 Edited by Teerack (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Wait Kyle started that young? :o I thought he was like mid 20s when he got his ring.

Regardless currently Kyle is to old and there isn't a younger lantern.

@GillaDro: I'd love to be a woman :3

#13 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

They should get rid of all the other Human GLs before adding a new one.

#14 Posted by Retro_Metro (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Every single green Lantern that has had their own book is an Adult male. All of the Lanterns from Earth have been Males. I would of like to see something different, and making him Arab doesn't make him different enough in my opinion.

A girl Green Lantern could have been interesting. A lot of the coolest Lanterns in my opinion have been girls and I would of liked to see a new Human female lantern.

What I have never understood is that there really should be some more young lanterns. As far as I know there isn't an age requirement to over coming great fear. Green Lantern is the only Big franchise DC hero left out of all the young heroes, and as far as I know there has never been a green lantern in the Teen Titans or any young hero group. Now if they took the current new green lantern and made him 16 or something around that age I think it would of been a lot more interesting then just another Lantern. So ya that's why I think they messed up on the new lantern and I would of loved to see a teen Lantern on the titans.

Not only that but have some of them on different corp sectors depending on their deepest emotions.

#15 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Wait Kyle started that young? :o I thought he was like mid 20s when he got his ring.

he is, he was a member of the team when they refered to themselves as the Titans rather then the Teen Titans and consisted of mostly young adults with a few teenagers

#16 Posted by Teerack (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Oh okay. So there hasn't been a young lantern before.

#17 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

but why do we really need a teen lantern? what would a teenager really offer that none of the other lanterns have? and why do we need a teen version of every big hero?

#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

Having it been a girl lantern would have brought something new to the table, in my opinion.

wasnt Jade a actual GL at one point?

#19 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@War Killer said:

I meant specifically human girls.
#20 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13599 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@War Killer said:

Jade isn't human?

#21 Edited by Teerack (7362 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Honestly I've always found most of DC's adult heroes to mildly cool while their younger heroes to be very cool. I like the Ravagers, Teen Titans, The Outlaws, Blue Beetle, and Young justice. Having a Younger lantern would allow a green lantern to be cast with better characters.

For instance a book where the cast is made up of people like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hawkman, etc. sound a lot less interesting then a book where the cast is full of characters like Tim Drake, Roy Harper, Jason Todd, Bart Allen, etc.

And I always liked Green Lanterns a lot, so it sucks there isn't a young Lantern.

#22 Posted by MrShway88 (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have prefer an alien lantern in the 2814 sector instead of another Earth Lantern.

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

young version GL girl GL

#24 Posted by hunterscarlet (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Baz is 21c at the oldest so hes pretty young

#25 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman also needs a male sidekick.

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@War Killer said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@War Killer said:

Jade isn't human?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 Posted by FearTheLiving (3859 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage? I want an Old Women to get a power ring! Fighting for justice, peace, and keeping the universe safe.....after Murder She Wrote.

#28 Posted by Goldenboy_Prime (172 posts) - - Show Bio

The Guardians like to have earth American males.... I don't think the rings are choosing these guys anymore, the Guardians have an American earth male thing going on. I mean if Batwing can hold his own title, then there is really no reason why the Corps couldn't diversify outside of 'Merica at the very least. I want a French/Chinese female GL that was raised in the "People's Republic" of China.

#29 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea of a teen lantern. How willful is a 15 year old? I would much rather have a female lantern.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (21066 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem isn't that there's mainly been adult, American male humans who've been Green Lanterns. Nor is it that there hasn't been a female human GL. It's that ever since Abin Sur died, the GL of Sector 2814 has only been given to humans. I mean there's an entire sector of species out there, how about the ring picks a replacement alien GL for a change? Obviously this won't happen and I do like human GLs, it's just strange when you think about it.

#31 Posted by Skulexander (104 posts) - - Show Bio

If you want REAL diversity, the next Green Lantern shouldn't even be HUMANOID.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.