Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2501 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Should Hal Jordan appear on The Flash/Arrow?

Avatar image for captainlantern76
    CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By CaptainLantern76

Okay, here's an idea I've been having since The Flash premiered, but that I've really been thinking about since the ending to the crossover between Arrow and The Flash.

Should Green Lantern appear on either show, or both?

Now, to get this out of the way, the Green Lantern I want is Hal Jordan.

No Caption Provided

And while he is my favorite Green Lantern, that's not the main reason I want him. The main reason I want him is because in the comics (particularly pre-New 52) he has had a history with both Oliver Queen, the star of Arrow, and Barry Allen, the star of The Flash. It just makes the most sense.

And like with Barry, he should appear as Hal first, and then maybe there can be another Arrow/Flash crossover where he becomes Green Lantern...

And perhaps...it can lead to a Green Lantern spinoff tv show :D

What do you think? If Hal were to appear in the Arrow/Flashverse, who would you want to see play him?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'd like to see that

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I honestly wouldn't care if Hal was played by Ryan Reynolds in the CW-verse. I think it could work out really well.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see that

Is there a particular someone you'd like to see as Hal?

I honestly wouldn't care if Hal was played by Ryan Reynolds in the CW-verse. I think it could work out really well.

Something tells me he's not exactly going to jump at the chance to play Hal Jordan again anytime soon...

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No. I'd rather see WB go all out on perfecting and integrating Green Lantern in their cinematic plans.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied Nice, nice, but The Flash is also being integrating into WB's cinematic plans.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@captainlantern76: In my honest opinion I think he played about a good Green Lantern as Stephen Ammell does and Arrow and Grant Gustin with Flash. There are actors that could do 50x better! but for television [on the CW] it just works.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024 Fair enough. I honestly haven't decided who I would want to play Hal Jordan - I originally had Nathan Fillion in mind, but I want the Hal in this universe to be around Barry's age or a little older, and thus I think an actor in that same age range should be cast.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zaied

@captainlantern76: But unlike Flash, their one and only attempt with him wasn't a huge bust. I think the best thing for GL after the movie is for WB to come out strong and feature him in big projects like Justice League right off the bat to prove he can be a good and likeable character.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

I'd love to see him in Flash. The Brave and the Bold!

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Oh yeah, I know about that miniseries...

Given my desire for this Hal to be the same age as Barry, if he were to appear on The Flash first...perhaps he can be a childhood friend or acquantiance of Barry, with Hal moving away shortly before the murder of Barry's mom, and his debut episode could have him visiting Central City for some reason.

Just a thought.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

@captainlantern76: They could also have a way to bond, since Hal too, lost a parent in a violent accident. And I'm almost positive I've seen a Ferris Aircraft sign in Arrow, so we at least know that Hal most likely exists in this universe.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: That could work out, too.

If Hal is to appear in the DCCWverse, then I want see a 'tv movie' of sorts where he teams up with both the Flash and Arrow - and possibly Firestorm, Black Canary, and maybe Atom if Ray Palmer is going to become Atom in Arrow.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: Oh yeah, I know about that miniseries...

Given my desire for this Hal to be the same age as Barry, if he were to appear on The Flash first...perhaps he can be a childhood friend or acquantiance of Barry, with Hal moving away shortly before the murder of Barry's mom, and his debut episode could have him visiting Central City for some reason.

Just a thought.

Aren't Central and Coast City (where Hal is from,) supposed to be Twin Cities, anyway? I don't think it would be far-fetched.

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CaptainLantern76

@scouterv: no, you're thinking of Keystone City. That is Central City's twin city, not Coast City.

Coast City is in California, while Keystone and Central City are in Kansas or Missouri (I forgot)

But hey, some people do have to move long distances - there's nothing unrealistic about this Hal growing up in Central City, befriending Barry in his youth, and then having to move far away to Coast City when he and Barry are 9 or 10...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

There was lantern related easter eggs. But the question is Lantern in Space or Earth or Hybrid ?

AAAAAq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's not possible for budget reasons. It's not like an Arrow without any superpower or a Flash who just run very fast (and some scenes are very strange with 3D effects). We talk about someone who fly, who can construct some green plane, it's not nothing !

But if it's possible I really want to see not just a cameo, I want a serie !

CaptainLantern76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

There was lantern related easter eggs. But the question is Lantern in Space or Earth or Hybrid ?

I would like to see a hybrid.

@aaaaaq said:

I think it's not possible for budget reasons. It's not like an Arrow without any superpower or a Flash who just run very fast (and some scenes are very strange with 3D effects). We talk about someone who fly, who can construct some green plane, it's not nothing !

But if it's possible I really want to see not just a cameo, I want a serie !

Well with the Vixen animated webseries that's set to be in the Flash/Arrow universe coming, maybe Green Lantern will end up with a similar treatment.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Maybe a non-ring-wielding Hal? Seems more financially feasible.

MiniSaladFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see Hal maybe in an episode or two, but without the ring yet. They could maybe hint at him getting the ring, maybe even SHOW the ring, but he shouldn't actually become Green Lantern. The main reason is because on a TV budget they can't do Green Lantern well. It's impossible. Too much CGI is needed for GL, no way could they afford to do it well, and if they aren't going to do it well they just shouldn't do it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.