Reading Order from Secret Origin?

#1 Posted by CubicTurtle (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, first of all, I'd like to say I love this website, it's really helpfull and just fun to look through! Second of all, I'm rather new to comics (aside from manga, which I used to read a lot but kinda lost interest in), so I don't really know all kind of terms etc. (third, but not all that important, I'm dutch, so my english might be wrong sometimes, but I think I'm pretty understandable. Or at least I hope I am...)

But to get to the point, I wanted to start reading Green Lantern and looked up reading orders all over the internet. What sounded the most logical to me, was beginning with Secret Origin, which covers up Hal finding the ring, becoming Green Lantern etc. And I read it and loved it! When I saw the trailer a few years ago (or something like that, I don't really know how old the movie is, and it doesn't really matter here), I thought it wouldn't be much, with all the aliens and stuff (and I haven't seen it), but I loved this! Second in the reading order list, is Rebirth. But I don't really get it, to be honest. A lot seems to have happend between SO and this one, and... I just don't understand what's happening, who are all these new guys... If you get what I mean. So what I wanted to know... Is there something I should read between these two? To get more to the point, what I want, is the most logical follow-up for Secret Origin. What happens RIGHT after it. If there is something like that? Like Hal going to Sinestro, like Sinestro said he would etc. If some one could help me with this, that would be very kind!

Also. If I shouldn't have opened this topic here, of shouldn't have opened it at all, I'm sorry. Like I said, I'm new to this message board, new to comics, and there are só many titles for Green Lantern alone, and the Corps, which is so unclear to me. And every site gives you a different reading order, so I just don't know what to do.

#2 Posted by CubicTurtle (24 posts) - - Show Bio

How I could also put it, what should I do/read before Rebirth, to understand most of what's going on there? Could anyone please help me out here? :(

#3 Posted by sniffer71 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The Green Lantern Reading Order at http://readingorders.com/ should help.

#4 Posted by thatbamaguy (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Try this http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-Stories-reading-Order/lm/R3TR0JBK9ONYVK. It's a chronilogical order.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.