Pre New 52 Hal Jordan/Guy Gardener/John Stewart Respect Thread

#1 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

RESPECT THE GL VETERANS OF EARTH

Here I will be posting feats outlining each of the three greatest earth lantern's abilities ranging from;

Strength, Speed, Durability, Endurance, Skill, Versatility, Destructive Power, Defensive Power and Overall Willpower

I will try to piece together their feats from all over the internet that are cannon to the Post Crisis DC Universe only.

I CANNOT DO THIS ALONE!!!!

I am not an expert at creating respect threads like some users ( etc...), so I am hoping to get some assistance with this since many of you know more about these Green Lanterns than me.

Also, I know there are already several respect threads for post crisis Hal Jordan. This is not just a thread throwing in as many random feats as possible, this will be a formatted and organized thread that outlines Hal's, John's and Guy's stats and abilities directly as well as specifying who wrote that specific comic, what comic issue/series it is, when the comic was published, where the author was going with it, why and how the events that took place came to be.

Here's the format;

Name and Number of Comic Series/Issue (what), Name of the Writer (who), Date of Publication (when): Basic Summary of the Events Taking Place in the Scan and its Relation to Skill, Strength, Speed etc... (why/how)

(scans of the feat/s)

Here's an example (adapted from Cyborg Superman respect thread DC Comics Database;

Superman Vol 2 #82, Dan Jurgens, 1993: Hank Henshaw fights Superman, Steel, Superboy, Supergirl and Eradicator. He takes control of Steel's metal body to make him strangle himself and then fights Eradicator and a depowered Superman. Kryptonite enters the picture and everyone starts to get weaker, until the Eradicator sacrifices himself to restore Superman's powers completely. By that point Superman was good as new and Henshaw was weakened from the Kryptonite, so there you go. This is a compilation of strength, durability, and versatility feats as Henshaw shows he can combat several Kryptonian Super Heroes, take powerful hits from them, and manipulate technology even while weakened.

So basically, this is how it's gonna be for Hal, John and Guy. I'll do my best to give these Lanterns the respect they deserve as the three best earth men the Corps has to offer, with your help this'll be a cinch.

#2 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days: ???

Why not do it in their own threads?

#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

Because they don't have their own threads except hal

#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

@drgnx said:

Because they don't have their own threads except hal

I think every Character has their own forums as long as they have a comicvine profile. Go to their profile and look on the left and you will see their forum link.

http://www.comicvine.com/guy-gardner/29-1791/forums/

http://www.comicvine.com/alan-scott/29-12663/forums/

http://www.comicvine.com/hal-jordan/29-11202/forums/

I don't have an issue with the thread here, just think you're going to end up with mixed feats and redundant work, Kyle and John have respect threads (post and Pre FP).

#6 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: I just have this in the GL forum cus an overall GL thing, it can branch out into their corresponding forums but it's gotta start at a general spot, it'd be very troublesome to do what I did here three times y'know

#7 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days:

Well I don't want to rain on your parade, have fun ;)

#8 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12346 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx said:

@Ancient_0f_Days:

Well I don't want to rain on your parade, have fun ;)

Fun....yeah, it'll be fun scouring the vast internets for three peoples feats. I'll try to make the most out of it. -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.