No Buzz For Green Lantern Movie??

#1 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has been doing a great job releasing several teasers for it's upcoming movie 'Thor' and 'Captain America'. All of the different posters (and the controversial ones. Yeah, I'm talking Heimdall, ladies and germs), and movie trailers have gained much attention from fanboys and girls, and the larger audience unfamiliar with these characters, or comics as a  whole. Marvel's official fan page on Facebook at   1,423,922 has done its part in spreading the news about said films and other upcoming projects. DC's FB fan page is at  242,116 and has produced images and news for the upcoming Dark Knight Rises, and Superman: Man of Steel movies. But it sort of makes you think: Did DC and Warner Bros forget that they have a film this summer headed to the box office??    
   Where are all of the solicits and teasers for this movie? Did the fans forget as well? Did the fact that this movie centers around Hal Jordan and not John Steward, the Green Lantern that many have become familiar with from the animated series Justice League and Justice League: Unlimited alienate some fans?   

Did the dispute of Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool and Hal Jordan play a part in any of this? 

*sigh* Are any of you going to see this movie?? Me? Maybe. We'll see...or will we...???
#2 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

They just released a trailer last month, Thor Cap and X-Men only have 1 trailer aswell....................be patient more will come
#3 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
" They just released a trailer last month, Thor Cap and X-Men only have 1 trailer aswell....................be patient more will come "
"Only one"? Dude, Thor and Captain America have way more than just one trailer, and that's since Superbowl Sunday.
#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope Cap has 1, Thor may have 2, Superbowl had TV spots, 30 seconds a piece. GL had one too
#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the one trailer for Green Lantern was enough. Regardless, I'm going to see it.

#6 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

" Nope Cap has 1, Thor may have 2, Superbowl had TV spots, 30 seconds a piece. GL had one too "
This is the second one for Captain America.

It just doesn't seem like they are really getting behind this movie. 
#7 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12585 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428 said:
"   @cattlebattle said:
" Nope Cap has 1, Thor may have 2, Superbowl had TV spots, 30 seconds a piece. GL had one too "
This is the second one for Captain America.
   It just doesn't seem like they are really getting behind this movie.  "

This is the only trailer I believe, the other one is a "tv spot"
#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be seeing GL, but I don't think it will be good. At least I'll be paying to see this and not First Class. 

#10 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
The Escapist  
 Warner Bros. Admits Green Lantern Trailer Wasn't Very Good
Logan Westbrook |  1 Apr 2011 7:41 am

Studio says that the really good effects weren't ready to show when it released the trailer last year.

People all over the world got their first proper look at the upcoming Green Lantern movie last November, following the release of the first official trailer. The reaction to the trailer was fairly lukewarm, but fortunately for fans of the comic - not to mention moviegoers - Warner has said that that first trailer did not represent the quality of the final movie.

While at CinemaCon, Warner Bros.' worldwide marketing president, Sue Kroll, said that the problem was that the big-scale effects that a trailer would normally have been stuffed full of weren't ready to show, and the trailer suffered because of it. She noted that it was a mistake that the studio couldn't afford to make again, especially not with the movie's $200 million budget on the line, as well other associated costs, like marketing and promotion.

Apparently, Warner underestimated how long it would take to finish the elaborate 3D effects, many of which are set in space and feature aliens. Jeff Robinov, Warner Bros.' motion picture group president, said that the studio had learned its lesson about production and marketing schedules for big, effects driven, movies, and wouldn't be in a position again where the two were out of sync.

Green Lantern stars Ryan Reynolds and opens in theaters on June 17th.

Source: Company Town

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (14377 posts) - - Show Bio

Well hal jordan it was nice knowin ya.GL and first class are shaping up to be the worst of all these movies,cap america may not do well financially either.It's pretty much thor and the remaining blockbusters(harry potter etc). 

#12 Edited by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428:
yes, you have posted this video elsewhere. I dont agree with it though.  

They just posted some more video from Wondercon, and it looks fantastic. More buzz will be generated because of this and the movie does not come out for another 2 months.  

Basically, from all this info I judge it is going to be a wonderful movie. New footage looks incredible, cast is great, concept is great, everything is coming together.  
#13 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

SO MUCH AWESOME IN ONLY FOUR MINUTES!!!
#14 Posted by Zaiyan (461 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Warner should promote it better

#15 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. Make us believe.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32813 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yea am going to see it, I cant wait.

#17 Posted by caesarsghost (559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Osiris1428:
imagine if they had shown this first. So much unpleasantness could have been avoided!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.