Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2496 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Lantern Energy

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mgrman5

I am curious about the energy that the lanterns produce, what kind of energy is it exactly is it like pure light just hared or is it a different type of energy like plasma, or is it cosmic energy. And if it is like light could someone like Dr. Light, or Photon, or Magneto control it or manipulate it or even some one like Quasar. Do you think that it would depend who the user using the particular ring and how much they could be manipulated seeing as the source of power of the ring is a certain emotion converted into some sort of energy.

Sorry if this doesn't go in the Green Lantern form I just thought it would be better suited her because most people know about it more and it has been on a lot longer then the other rings have.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Martian

"Beware my power, Green Lantern's LIGHT"

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Martian

To answer the next part of your question, the Light can and has been manipulated by others.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Arthur Light has already manipulated it. Photon also did in the JLA/Avengers crossover (so take it with a grain of salt), as has Takion.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Martian

@Morpheus_ said:

Arthur Light has already manipulated it. Photon also did in the JLA/Avengers crossover (so take it with a grain of salt), as has Takion.

I believe Captain Atom did when he fought Hal Jordan.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @Nobody said:

@Morpheus_ said:

I believe Captain Atom did when he fought Hal Jordan.

I recall him blowing Hal up, but not manipulating the constructs themselves. 

And it's great to see you again, man.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Martian

@Morpheus_: You might be right. It's been awhile since I've looked at that fight.

Thanks. You too.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mgrman5

THANKS for the info just wanted to clear that up I figured that was the case.

majestic99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By majestic99

It's been manipulated by Superman Prime. He absorbed Green lantern will energy from Oans(guardians of the universe) and metabolized it(he can substitute green energy for solar energy).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.