Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

how do the other rings work?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By warlock360

Greed would be

I this to work

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

it might be because i'm half cut, but i'm trying to imagine how the other rings are going to work on the emotional spectrum?

with you 'will' the ring to work, how do the others work?

I sure this works!

I would this to work!

I this might not work!

I would for this to mess up now!

can't think how compassion, greed or death would work though...

M

Post Edited:2007-12-29 12:52:27

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Methos says:

"I'm going to **kill** someone if this doesn't work!!!death?M"

I think if there dead, it will work. I Hal puts it on, maybe he will die or just won't work.

I wonder who will be the leaders of these rings. Like GotU are the Green Lanterns. Possible Ganthet and Sayd are Hope.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Methos

I'm going to kill someone if this doesn't work!!!

death?

M

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Golem

Compassion would be this to work"

Death would be: DIE!
    Post Edited:2007-12-29 12:55:59

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

bring back Jade, she can lead the Black Lanterns along with Barry Allan, Bart Allan, Kara Zor-El (The true one!!!) and Kyle's mom... just because Geoff loves f'ing with Kyle lol

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

The way I've read it (I think in interviews but I couldn't tell you which ones), it seems like their propensity for a certain emotion/drive allows them to tap into a universal deposit of that kind of energy, almost like tapping into the speed force, but instead, it's a "greed force". The Sinestro Corps get energy from the all the fear in the universe, likewise, the Greed Rangers would be able to use the greed that exists everywhere. I don't know if that makes sense (and I know it doesn't mesh with GLs who traditionally have been fueled by their own will) but that's what I've gotten and it kind of explains some of the weirder colors.

Golem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Golem

I think compassion has the best chance of winning. They use their energies passively, and if Buckshot's theory is correct, they have power to work with from every little act of compassion.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

Buckshot says:

"The way I've read it (I think in interviews but I couldn't tell you which ones), it seems like their propensity for a certain emotion/drive allows them to tap into a universal deposit of that kind of energy, almost like tapping into the speed force, but instead, it's a "greed force". The Sinestro Corps get energy from the all the fear in the universe, likewise, the Greed Rangers would be able to use the greed that exists everywhere. I don't know if that makes sense (and I know it doesn't mesh with GLs who traditionally have been fueled by their *own* will) but that's what I've gotten and it kind of explains some of the weirder colors."

good luck to anyone who tries to use on earth then lol

using that method, Hope would be the easy victor of the light war... only because it's the one thing that noone can kill off lol

M

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360

Methos says:

"Buckshot says:
    "The way I've read it (I think in interviews but I couldn't tell you which ones), it seems like their propensity for a certain emotion/drive allows them to tap into a universal deposit of that kind of energy, almost like tapping into the speed force, but instead, it's a "greed force". The Sinestro Corps get energy from the all the fear in the universe, likewise, the Greed Rangers would be able to use the greed that exists everywhere. I don't know if that makes sense (and I know it doesn't mesh with GLs who traditionally have been fueled by their *own* will) but that's what I've gotten and it kind of explains some of the weirder colors."

good luck to anyone who tries to use on earth then lol

using that method, Hope would be the easy victor of the light war... only because it's the one thing that noone can kill off lol

M"

forgot the slight death factor of black then huh lol

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

Warlock360 says:

"forgot the slight death factor of black then huh lol"

there are true immortals in the DCU, they've defeated death... noone has ever killed off hope

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#12  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Aren't there only 13 true immortals? And just because hope is alive doesn't mean it's strong.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Supreme Marvel

I would like a Blue Lantern ring. Because i have a lot of hope, but i would also love a Green Lantern ring because of my drive/will to do something.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.