I want to start reading one of the new Green Lanterns! I've never really read any and I need help choosing.
You mean you need help choosing between the four current titles? Go with Green Lantern, it's the most consistent one.
Also, if you need a reading list so you can be up to speed...
Essential reading is in bold
- Green Lantern: Rebirth
- Green Lantern: No Fear
- Green Lantern Corps: Recharge
- Green Lantern: Revenge of the Green Lanterns
- Green Lantern Corps: To Be a Lantern
- Green Lantern: Wanted: Hal Jordan
- Green Lantern Corps: Dark Side of the Green
- Sinestro Corps War
- Green Lantern Corps: Ring Quest
- Green Lantern: Secret Origin
- Green Lantern: Rage of the Red Lanterns
- Green Lantern Corps: Sins of the Star Sapphire
- Green Lantern: Agent Orange
- Green Lantern Corps: Emerald Eclipse
- Blackest Night/Blackest Night: Green Lantern/Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern Corps: Revolt of the Alpha Lanterns
- Brightest Day: Green Lantern
- Green Lantern Corps: The Weaponer
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors
- War of the Green Lanterns
- Green Lantern Vol. 1: Sinestro
- Green Lantern Corps Vol. 1: Fearsome
- Green Lantern: New Guardians Vol. 1: The Ring Bearer
- Red Lanterns Vol. 1: Blood and Rage
@CastleEcho: Well, to where you should start off reading, the end of the 'Rise of the Third Army' is coming to a conclusion and next month will release the following story arc 'Wrath of the First Lantern' which is a continuity of 'Rise of the Third Army'; but if you can afford it back-track to issues 13-16 of 'Green Lantern' and you'll be caught up with the new 52 first story arc. If you want to know more about Simon Baz, the newest Green Lantern who is going to be the main Lantern in the New 52 most likely, try and get a hold of Green Lantern #0 and the Annual. You can also buy the first volume of the New 52 series Green Lantern: Sinestro, which will get you on track with the New 52 Green Lantern outside of the story crossover.
As for the origin and continuity of Green Lantern; Geoff John's previous series of Green Lantern (2005-2011) was kind of a 'reboot' of the title and reestablishes Hal Jordan, the first Lantern of Earth. You should get the Graphic Novels listed below:
- Secret Origin (recommended)
- No Fear vol. 1 early adventures of the series
- Sinestro Corps War part. 1-2 (recommended)
- Rage of the Red Lanterns
- Agent Orange (recommended)
- Green Lantern: Blackest Night (recommended)
- Green Lantern: Brightest Day (recommended)
- War of the Green Lanterns
I would also recommend the headline comic, Green Lantern. Don't get bogged down by going through the previous volumes, (unless you really enjoy it). Just start wherever you can in this series and start. Pretty much all questions you have can be answered on here.
I would recommend just starting with the New 52 Green Lantern title. We're only 16 issues in, so its not like there is a ton of back-reading required... you can go back and read previous volumes to really get a good, clear idea of whats going on, but the first issues of the New 52 series do a fairly decent job of getting you up to speed on most things.
This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.