Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series cancelled

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SUNMAN
    Cast of Green Lantern: TAS
    Cast of Green Lantern: TAS

well just like Young Justice, Green Lantern the Animated Series did not get renewed for another season. I'm just getting all the information so I don't know all the specifics as of yet, but as with Young Justice if it was getting another season we would have heard it by now.

As I said in the Young Justice cancellation thread, maybe it was poor toy sales (Toy deals are the banes of a lot of cartoons), nevertheless it looks like this shows axed. I'll update if I learn anymore.

sources:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/28/dc-nation-gets-a-shakeup-in-new-cartoon-network-schedules-young-justice-and-green-lantern-nixed/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/120250-green-lantern-the-animated-series-young-justice-canceled.html

Thoughts?

EDIT:

more info from the World's finest website:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/01/28/cartoon-network-2013-2014-upfronts-press-release-lists-new-and-returning-network-shows/

Cartoon Network has issued a press release overview of the network’s 2013-2014 upfront presentation, citing new programming initiatives and returning titles. The release below confirms a Summer 2013 debut for the new CGI-animated series Beware the Batman and an April 2013 debut for the new Teen Titans GO! comedy cartoon series, both additions to the weekly DC Nation programming block which airs Saturdays at 10:00am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Additionally listed, current DC Nation titles Young Justice: Invasion and Green Lantern: The Animated Series are both absent from the “returning shows” list featured in the press release. Please note no production information or confirmation on status from the network on either series has been released.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

They should've started stronger with a sinestro yellow corps war. Not sure why they needed a star trek next generation Data clone.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

@colonyofcells said:

They should've started stronger with a sinestro yellow corps war. Not sure why they needed a star trek next generation Data clone.

I thought they would get more imaginative with the constructs to be honest. It just came off as a standard space adventure show set to the theme of Green Lantern

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.