Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern Survey

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Edited By Methos

Ok, simply survey here... this was originally on the Corps forum, but i thought i'd bring it here as well to see how many people answer it, this way my friend over at the Corps forum can actually get a full survay done of a lot of comic fans...

1.) Are you a big fan of the Green Lantern comics?
    2.) If so, why?
    3.) If not, why not?
    4.) How long have you been reading Green Lantern comics?
    5.) Do you attempt to read every Green Lantern issue as it comes out, or do you only purchase and read select issues?
    6.) Which Green Lantern (regardless of sector) is your favorite?
    7.) Why do you prefer this Lantern over other Green Lanterns?
    8.) Which storyline, excluding the upcoming Blackest Night storyline, has been your favorite Green Lantern storyline?
    9.) Why? What did it have that other Green Lantern storylines did not have?
    10.) Are you excited about the upcoming Blackest Night storyline?
    11.) If you are, why?
    12.) If not, why?
    13.) Do you believe that the different types of Lanterns (i.e. violent lanterns, orange lanterns, etc.) added a creative twist to the Green Lantern universe?
    14.) If so, why?
    15.) If not, why?
    16.) How do you feel about the new rules that the Guardians have implemented upon the Green Lanterns? Do you believe that they will have a major impact on the Green Lanterns?
    17.) If so, how do you feel that they will have a major impact?
    18.) Do you believe that the Guardians are necessary to the Green Lanterns, or do you believe that they are corrupt and largely unprepared for major disasters?
    19.) Do you believe that there are any upsides to reading Green Lantern? For example, are there any positive messages that are exemplified by the comic?
    20.) Lastly, who is your preferred Green Lantern writer? Why?

Just fill those out if you have the time and post your answers below... i'll send them over to the Corps forum with a link back to your profile, so if she needs to get in touch about the survey, she will :D

M
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Methos

Yes, I've been reading Green Lantern for the past 22 years, and have only recently dropped the main title because of how the characters and universe are being treated by the current writer.

2.) If so, why?

Um... I don't actually know... Green Lantern has always fascinated me, it's not just the characters, but the entire mythos based around the Green Lantern universe. Green Lantern has one of the most diverse histories in the DC universe currently, with history stretching back millions of years and far into the future. The characters have always been extremely well fleshed out with personalities and flaws that everyone can identify with, until lately this is of course...

3.) If not, why not?

Currently I have dropped Green Lantern because of how the characters and mythos are being treated by the current writer. I personally don't agree with the "Retcon ever issue" method of writing, added to the fact that the current writer (I won't say his name here in case I start fully attacking his style) feels the need to Retcon over some amazing history and mythos that have worked for Green Lantern for so many years and have attracted so many fans to the issue... I just don't think it's a good way of writing and I feel that it is actually disrespectful towards the previous writers who worked so hard to create a fully fleshed out universe for Green Lantern to exist in.

About 22 Years now... I started reading Green Lantern when I was 5... When my father bought me a few issues on holiday, since then it's been one of the very few issues that I have stuck with through thick and thin, until 4 months ago of course.

5.) Do you attempt to read every Green Lantern issue as it comes out, or do you only purchase and read select issues?

Currently I only buy Green Lantern Corps issues, and flick through Green Lantern in the store... my local comic book guy is used to seeing me laugh, or sometimes cry, at the latest issue of Green Lantern when I see how Hal and the GL mythos are being treated currently.

6.) Which Green Lantern (regardless of sector) is your favourite?

I have always loved Hal as a character, he had flaws and personality that I feel made him stand out more as a character in the DCU than most other characters. Also I do love Kyle, he attracted me to Green Lantern because he's a character everyone can identify with... he's Joe Schmoe on the street, a struggling artist when he started out as Green Lantern, and he had to learn from his mistakes and grow into the hero he currently is.

Um, see answer to 6

8.) Which storyline, excluding the upcoming Blackest Night storyline, has been your favourite Green Lantern storyline?

My favourite would have to be the Hate Crime storyline (Issues 154 to 156 of GL v3.) It touched so many bases with me and was a storyline that I felt up until now, DC had been afraid to touch with their tier one characters. It was a dark storyline and showed Kyle in a new light, something that had been sorely lacking of late in v3. It was also a nice storyline to end on, and had lasting ramifications for the rest of GL with regards to Kyle and Jade leaving earth for good after Kyle decided that with the amount of hate, prejudice and intolerance on earth, they didn't deserve a protector like Green Lantern, he simply 'lost his faith in humanity'. That is a very dark aspect to heroes and one we very rarely see in comics, it touched a chord with me that very few storylines ever did and was done with excellent writing and artwork.

See my answer to 8

In parts yes and in equal parts no... I could see it easily being one of the greatest storylines that DC has to offer, and equally it will definitely put Green Lantern on top of the DC heroes list for a few years afterwards. But also, in respective, if could also be terrible and leave a lasting scar on Green Lantern causing many long time fans to walk away from the title altogether. This I'm hoping will not happen, but it can also be said that because of the current writing style and methods, I personally know of a few dozen long time Green Lantern fans that have actually walked away from the main title (GL not GL Corps) already, and will only consider going back to the title when new creative staff are brought in.

11.) If you are, why?

See answer to 10

12.) If not, why?

See answer to 10

13.) Do you believe that the different types of Lanterns (i.e. violent lanterns, orange lanterns, etc.) added a creative twist to the Green Lantern universe?

No, personally I hate it... Green Lantern has always been a one off, a light in the DC universe... the introduction of the yellow power ring originally was brought in as a twist to the storyline, an opposite to the Green Lantern powers, an artefact from the antimatter dimension of Quard... that itself tells us that the writers at the time thought that the GL Rings, and in respective, the GL Corps, were working perfectly on their own, they needed to bring in something from another dimension to add an 'equal and opposite' charge to the GL Corps.

The problem with bringing in all the different rainbow corps is the fact that the GL Corps aren't special anymore... they are just another colour in an endless spectrum of Emotional Light Users. To me, I feel this detracts something from the actual mythos of Green Lantern, and is just another Retcon to change how the existing, and much loved Green Lantern Universe, works so that the current writer can work his writing style into it and destroy centuries of amazing writing and storytelling.

14.) If so, why?

See answer to 13

15.) If not, why?

See answer to 13

16.) How do you feel about the new rules that the Guardians have implemented upon the Green Lanterns? Do you believe that they will have a major impact on the Green Lanterns?

Personally I don't agree with them.... the rules have never been there in the past, much like the Lethal Force Rule, that was apparently there all along, well, according to the current writer anyway... anyone with a library of issues from the past 20 years will be able to tell you different.

I feel that the rules are just another tool of the current writer to change the universe to his style... one I think he will change again, and again, and again... retconning both his work, and other writers work without regard to history, continuity or regard to how the fans feel.

No, they won't have a major impact. Basically I feel they will be there for a few issues before they are retconned, and changed and twisted, until they are ignored completely in just another story arc, and then forgotten altogether.

18.) Do you believe that the Guardians are necessary to the Green Lanterns, or do you believe that they are corrupt and largely unprepared for major disasters?

I believe they are good to have around, as leaders and creators of the Corps, though the success of GL V3 actually shows that GL can exist quite happily without them and can still be a leader in the comic market.

19.) Do you believe that there are any upsides to reading Green Lantern? For example, are there any positive messages that are exemplified by the comic?

Green Lantern has always had a positive message for people, it shows that one man, no matter who, can make a difference. Anyone can be chosen, anyone can stand up for themselves and others to make the world a better place.

Judd Winick is my current favourite GL Writer, he has done some amazing work on Green Lantern and his writing style often complements the characters fully and brings out their personality without having to resort to flashy storytelling or altering the entire mythos of the world he is writing in.

M
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Yes

2.) If so, why?
    Dunno

3.) If not, why not?

Since the last issue of the current volume

Attempt to read every issue.
    Hal Jordan. He's the only one I've read about.
    see 6.
    8.) Which storyline, excluding the upcoming Blackest Night storyline, has been your favorite Green Lantern storyline?
    Rage of the Red Lanterns
    Yes
    11.) If you are, why?
    I want to see who comes back
    12.) If not, why?
    Yes
    14.) If so, why?
    Not sure
    15.) If not, why?
    Yes
    I'm not sure but something tells me...it will.
    They're corrupt. Look at Scar.
    Not really lol. Just good fun.
    Geoff Johns since he's all I've read really.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Methos

thanks drifter... :D

M

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Happy to help.

~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

1.) Are you a big fan of the Green Lantern comics? More or less...it's alright.
    2.) If so, why? The concept of a Green Lantern, the corps and all that stuff seem interesting. Not really sure why though.
    3.) If not, why not? ....
    4.) How long have you been reading Green Lantern comics? A few months ago I got Sinestro Corps War...that's about the only GL story I've read.
    5.) Do you attempt to read every Green Lantern issue as it comes out, or do you only purchase and read select issues? Only trades of my selection.
    6.) Which Green Lantern (regardless of sector) is your favorite? Uhmm...........Soranik Natu, I think...
    7.) Why do you prefer this Lantern over other Green Lanterns? Not sure =/
    8.) Which storyline, excluding the upcoming Blackest Night storyline, has been your favorite Green Lantern storyline? Sinestro Corps War.
    9.) Why? What did it have that other Green Lantern storylines did not have? ...because it's the only one I've read so far haha.
    10.) Are you excited about the upcoming Blackest Night storyline? Ehh...not so much.
    11.) If you are, why? ....
    12.) If not, why? I probably would have been if the comic had been available where I live. But since it's not...I might just get it as a trade when that's made available on order.
    13.) Do you believe that the different types of Lanterns (i.e. violent lanterns, orange lanterns, etc.) added a creative twist to the Green Lantern universe? Sort of.
    14.) If so, why? So far there has been pretty much the Green corps only, nice to see that's not the only possibility of power rings and corps. Emotional spectrum is an interesting concept.
    15.) If not, why? ........
    16.) How do you feel about the new rules that the Guardians have implemented upon the Green Lanterns? Do you believe that they will have a major impact on the Green Lanterns? Yeah.
    17.) If so, how do you feel that they will have a major impact? Not allowed to be in love...that's kind of restricting. And that's just mentioning one rule =/
    18.) Do you believe that the Guardians are necessary to the Green Lanterns, or do you believe that they are corrupt and largely unprepared for major disasters? IMO, the current guardians (especially Scar) are corrupt...kinda unnecessary to get rid of Ganthet and Sayd (for them, not for us readers...then again that depends on the reader too).
    19.) Do you believe that there are any upsides to reading Green Lantern? For example, are there any positive messages that are exemplified by the comic? Not really what I can think of...
    20.) Lastly, who is your preferred Green Lantern writer? Why? I should probably read more GL comics before I can answer that haha. But current choice would be Geoff Johns I guess.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

thanks Wanderer

M

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AtPhantom
    Yes, I consider myself a relative GL fan.

2.) If so, why?
    Because I really like the concept of an ordinary man being given the most powerful weapon in the universe and and let lose to bring good to the universe. I also like the concept of a power ring as a weapon which can do anything so long as you have the will to do it.

3.) If not, why not?
    /

I have to admit that, apart from Grant Morrison's JLA and sporadic GL comics now and then, I know only the Geoff Johns era. I started of with rebirth, and Sinestro Corps war won me over. Even though I don't agree with nearly all of the  concepts he's introduced, I'm still a fan of the story.

I generally do, even though I felt a decline in quality since the end of SCW in both titles.

Hal, although I just love how Johns writes Sinestro.

/

8.) Which storyline, excluding the upcoming Blackest Night storyline, has been your favourite Green Lantern storyline?
    So far, the Sinestro corps war has been just awesome.

I can't really put my finger on it, but it was just so dam enjoyable.

Yes, I am.

11.) If you are, why?
    I think it's only natural for anyone following Gl today. It is the culmination of everything that's been happening since rebirth, and I sincerely hope all the rainbow lanterns die out in the end.

12.) If not, why?
    /

No. I think It's stupid, unfounded in modern psychology, and has in a way taken the GL ring of the pedestal. It used to be the greatest weapon in the universe, now everyone has one. Lame.

14.) If so, why?
    Read above.

15.) If not, why?
    /

Again, stupid. The Guardians are the oldest living beings in the freaking universe, and here they are making rookie mistakes. Their officers are human(so to speak), and atempting to make them more manhunter like is not going to help. In fact I notice a lot of preocupation with the Manuhnters by the Guardians in Johns' run. They were flawed, deal with it.
    For the Same reason I think their rejection of emotions is stupid. After three billion years, they should know better.

I think they will eventually lead to the extinction of the Guardians. I'm not happy for it.

I like the idea of a grand elder race looking after the universe and leading the younger ones. But since Johns's run, yes, they are corrupt and unprepared for major dissasters.

I think GL was always about saying that if you have the will to, you can change the world. The ring is just a metaphor for that.

Can't comment, since Johns is the only writer whose run I have closely followed.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

thanks phantom :D

M

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AtPhantom

No prob : )

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Darkchild
    I was in throughout the ninties and just peeking over into the 2000s. But once some rather awesome happens going Geoffconned i begn to stop reading, catching up if needed.

2.) If so, why?
    Because when I first started reading religiously it was something different besides the Marvel i was reading, and i couldnt stop it. Heres a regular joe shmo human with this awesome godlike technology. And when I first saw Kilowog it all went up hill from their.
    3.) If not, why not?
    Geoff Johns...two words are all i need to describe why

Geez um since the early ninties really actually, my uncle had some of the older stuff i read before that but i really started collecting the "New" stuff of the ninties in i think 93 maybe. All i ever read were comics and all i ever did was read comics so it was simple to get them

5.) Do you attempt to read every Green Lantern issue as it comes out, or do you only purchase and read select issues? I havnt read an arc since maybe Rebirth? Yeah Rebirth was the last issue i remember reading continuously. After that i started to drift and eventually drop it for almost three years before i started skimming the comics at the store reading Sinestro War

Hands down its Kilowog, no doubt about it. Hes always been my fav.

LOL mostly cause ive always had a liking to characters who are the badasses. Its always been something cool an interesting to read about that these characters may look dumb but their entirely different from what their appearance tells us. And Kilowog is definatly the poster child for this statement

Now that ive been able to accumulate a good amount of GL comics id have to say Emerald Down without a doubt has been and always will be my favorite storyline. (Thank you Methos for getting me back into the old GL.)

Awesome plot simple as that, i just cant describe one reason

Im excited to see the Black Lanterns so yes

11.) If you are, why?

Black Lanterns
    12.) If not, why?

Geoff Johns
    No, just added confusion and stupidity. Tossing Hal from group to group is just stupid and frustrating

14.) If so, why?
    Look above

15.) If not, why?
    Look above

MAJOR impact definatly, i always thought this was going to happen as the GLs were coming into a more violent age so yeah its going to have a definate impact. Some will obey it and some will hold the ability to kill. It just means alot of things are in the future for GL

Look above

in the beginning yes i believed they were necessary. But after Ganthets exile esque and the knew one i never remember her name. Now thier just obsolete

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Gerald Jones. Because he is the writer i came into when I started reading Green Lantern. Always loved it, and looking back at Emerald Dawn he was just superb.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

cheers DC, interesting answers

M

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darkchild
    Methos said:
    "cheers DC, interesting answersM"
    Thanks. Gerald always my fav, and kudos to u for getting a new GL fan...well....fan of older work lol
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By King_Saturn

1. Are you a big fan of the Green Lantern comics ?  Yes Indeed

2. If so, why ? 
    I always liked the concept of a Green Lantern... ever since I first started reading the comic... the idea of being able to do almost anything through the power of a ring with  intrigued me greatly... and I always though Hal Jordan had the coolest GL costume... lol

3. If not, why not ?
    N/A

4. How long have you been reading Green Lantern comics ?
    Since I was 11 or 12 years old... so at least for 12 years

5. Do you attempt to read every Green Lantern issue as it comes out, or do you only purchase and read select issues ?
    I read every Green Lantern issue as they come out... and if I cant get to the comic book store to buy the comic... I will use other resources to read it... lol

6. Which Green Lantern ( regardless of sector ) is you favorite ? 
    Hal Jordan has always been my favorite Green Lantern

7. Why do you prefer this Lantern over other Green Lanterns ?
    Besides the fact Hal has beaten Superman and knocked Batman silly... I always like his portrayal of Parallax during the Zero Hour series... 

8. Which storyline, excluding The Blackest Night storyline, has been you favorite Green Lantern storyline ?
    Sinestro Corps War

9. Why ? What did it have that other Green Lantern storylines did not have ?
    Dont Know... it just seemed to keep getting better and better with every issue

10. Are you excited about the upcoming Blackest Night storyline ?
    Hell Yes Man

11. If you are, why ?
    I wanna see how all of these other Lantern Corps play into the this arc... and who exactly will be on the Black Lanterns Corps ? What will they look like ? What will they be able to do ?

12. If not, why not ?
    N/A

13. Do you believe that the different types of Lanterns ( i.e. Violet Lanterns, Orange Lanterns, etc. ) added a creative twist to the Green Universe ?
    Yes Indeed... well I hope it does

14. If so, why ?
    It intrigues me in terms of what exactly these new Lanterns are capable of... and what will there roles be in Blackest Night

15. If not, why not ?
    N/A

16. How do you feel about the new rules that the Guardians have implemented upon the Green Lanterns ? Do you believe that they will have a major impact on the Green Lanterns ?
    Uh I dont know about a major impact... personally I really dont like the new rules...

17. If so, how do you feel they will have a major impact ?
    I think the rules may get retconned... especially if you got Geoff Johns on the writing... lmao

18. Do you believe the Guardians are necessary to the Green Lanterns, or do you believe they are corrupt and largely unprepared for major disasters ?
    I think the Guardians at one point were a great asset to the Lanterns... but since Mr. Johns got on the writing job... they do seem to be a bit corrupt... who knows... maybe this could be a good thing for them some how.. jk

19. Do you believe there are any upsides to reading Green Lantern ? For example, are there any positive messages that are exemplified by the comic ?
    Indeed there is... if you have the will and heart to do something you can... I guess  lol

20. Lastly, who is you preferred Green Lantern writer ? Why ?
    sighs... I dont know how I could possibly say this but through all the weird BS he has put the GL series through it still maybe Geoff Johns for me... simply because even though he changes things so much at times... his writing is still rather entertaining to read still
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By geraldthesloth

1.) Are you a big fan of the Green Lantern comics? Yes

2.) If so, why? I enjoy the powers of the ring and what they are all capable of and the good stories that come in this book

3.) If not, why not? lol wut

4.) How long have you been reading Green Lantern comics?Not very long though i have practically read everything from rebirth till right now

5.) Do you attempt to read every Green Lantern issue as it comes out, or do you only purchase and read select issues? I try to stay as current as possible

6.) Which Green Lantern (regardless of sector) is your favorite? Guy Gardner

7.) Why do you prefer this Lantern over other Green Lanterns? The way he acts he's funny gone through alot and yet remains to stay a badass

8.) Which storyline, excluding the upcoming Blackest Night storyline, has been your favorite Green Lantern storyline? Sinestro Corps War

9.) Why? What did it have that other Green Lantern storylines did not have?  Too me the story was good for one Lots of action and familiar faces showed that the green lanterns aren't the only big group of corps in the universe

10.) Are you excited about the upcoming Blackest Night storyline? Yes sir

11.) If you are, why?The dead are coming back characters i miss i'll be seeing i just don't hope it gives them a drastic personality change

12.) If not, why? lol wut

13.) Do you believe that the different types of Lanterns (i.e. violent lanterns, orange lanterns, etc.) added a creative twist to the Green
    Lantern universe? Yes to show that will power and fear aren't the only forces in the universe besides it would be dull with only one corp floating around in the universe

14.) If so, why?read above

15.) If not, why?lol wut

16.) How do you feel about the new rules that the Guardians have implemented upon the Green Lanterns? Do you believe that they will
    have a major impact on the Green Lanterns?Yeah

17.) If so, how do you feel that they will have a major impact?Plenty of things will change because of it

18.) Do you believe that the Guardians are necessary to the Green Lanterns, or do you believe that they are corrupt and largely unprepared
    for major disasters?Sometimes when it does come down to plans they seem inconsistent but yeah there necessary every group needs a leader

19.) Do you believe that there are any upsides to reading Green Lantern? For example, are there any positive messages that are exemplified by the comic?Stick a dead girlfriend in a fridge.

20.) Lastly, who is your preferred Green Lantern writer? Why?Geoff Johns he's the one who i read most of the stuff that i enjoy on this comic

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Precise

More or less, I love the Green Lantern comics but to say they’re my favourite… no.

2.) If so, why?

I just like the whole Green Lantern concept, a corps serving as protectors of the universe with nothing more than a simple ring. Yet it just so happens to be the most powerful weapon in the universe only limited by imagination and willpower. Basically there’s no limit to what they can do.

3.) If not, why not?

Currently it’s just too much, we have a green, orange, violet, red, blue etc corps. Just the Sinestro corps and the Green Lantern is quite enough thank you. Like Guy Gardner said ‘It’s like Walt Disney threw up’

Pffff… I’ve been catching up, so I’d say two years now or so. But not only recent, I’ve bought the older comics as well. Which I like better to be honest.

I try to buy all issues, but I miss certain issues as well. If I notice I missed something big in one of the comics I’ll just find it and buy it =)

For me it has to be Guy Gardner, I like his attitude, his humour. He’s willing to go further than other Lanterns. He has a true fighting spirit and his willpower is, in my opinion, almost unmatched. He does what he need and he does it well. And to everyone’s surprise Bzzd! I just love the little guy, he shows that even the smallest creature can make a huge impact.

Pretty simple, his humour is unmatched by the other lanterns. And Bzzd, well I don’t know what it is but I love the guy.. fly… alien.. whatever. He flew out of Monguls freakin’eye!

Bleh.. can’t remember the name, but it was a fight on Mogo with Mongul.

I really don’t know but it always sticked with me.

Hm.. tough question, I honestly don’t know. Certain parts of me say yes, or others say no.

11.) If you are, why?

It’s another freakin’ corps! But I’d love the opportunity to see some old characters again so I’m torn..

12.) If not, why?

See answer 11

NO! Personally I absolutely hate it! What added value do those different Lanterns have? Sinestro corps? Of course. Green Lantern, Obviously. But Blue, Orange, Red.. it just seems so unnesceray, they could have come up with new enemies and allies without making them Lanterns.

14.) If so, why?

See answer to 13

15.) If not, why?

See answer to 13

I’m not to bothered with them and I don’t feel they’ll change the Green Lanterns too much.

They won’t.

I believe they are good to have around, although perhaps less power than they currently have over the Lanterns. I don’t believe they always make the best of choices, and a little more freedom would do the corps a great amount of good in my opinion.

If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything. And sometimes you have to make hard decisions.

I’m going with Peter Tomasi, some might disagree, I liked his work.

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

Yes,

2.) If so, why?

I like the idea of will-powered constructs and DC having something in their comic universe that doesn't involve just Earth, there are tons of alien species out there and it's nice all the different kinds, from the humanoid looking to the sentient planets like Mogo

3.) If not, why not?
    My only complaint are the issues after Sinestro Corps War were a little slow, the constant ret-conning was a little tiresome

Few Months, My friend had back issues that he lent me borrow and read so I've caught up to present date

Seeing as there is only Green lantern and Green Lantern Corps. it's not that hard to keep up

Ooh very tough, I'ld have to say Hal Jordan though

I like how he challenges authority every now and then, he does what he deems is necessary rather than following protocol when he the situation is appropriate

Sinestro Corps War

The sheer level of the event, not often the Corps is really involved with Earth as much as it was in SCW
    Yeah

11.) If you are, why?

I really want to see who is brought back from the dead to be evil, and will they necessarily be evil, or will they fight the Black Ring's Power?

12.) If not, why?

The storyline could end up to be a science lesson on Light

Sinestro Corps was good, but I would like to see different kinds of enemies. Nevertheless, I do like seeing the different emotions come to play, they just havent been used properly yet, as they appear for an issue or two and thats it

14.) If so, why?

See answer to 13

15.) If not, why?

See answer to 13

I'm uneasy about them, I feel as if the guardians are afraid they are losing control of their Police Force and through the power of legislation they are trying to remain in command

It seems like the rules will be based upon each of the new Corps that appears, first was for Sinestro Corps, 2nd for the Red Lanterns, 3rd for the Star Sapphires, who knows whats next, but it may have to do with the other emotions. Either way I see alot of upset because of them. Allowing them to kill is one thing, taking away the chance to love another...that's going to far

They were ok when the Corps was rebuilding and for advice, but I beleive they have become scared and or corrupt. They should be Mentors instead of Rulers

Through strength of mind and perseverance there is not limit to what can be done. The people in command aren't always right. You could argue on wheter that one is a "good message" or not :P

Geoff Jones, he handled bringing back Hal and the Corps. very well I think
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By The_Martian
    I enjoy them. I haven't really read a lot of the older stuff though, but I like the idea of Green Lantern.
    2.) If so, why?
    Like I said I like the idea of Green Lantern.
    3.) If not, why not?

Not very long. Maybe a year.
    I am subscribed to Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps
    Kyle Rayner then Kilowag
    He seemed like a more creative character.
    I haven't read enough to be a fair judge.

Sorta
    11.) If you are, why?
    Should be pretty epic and I want to see Martian Manhunter return.
    12.) If not, why?
    I've missed out on some of the lead up to it so I don't have the full story.
    Yeah I do.
    14.) If so, why?
    Gives them a threat one lantern can't handle alone. Also makes you wonder if the Green Lantern's are the right Corps. Maybe its the Blue Latnerns we should be backing.
    15.) If not, why?
    Seems kinda gimicy
    I have a feeling after Blackest Night it will be forgotten.

Of course they are, they are like the Police Chief.
    Not really, it drains my wallet.
    I haven't been reading it long enough to have one.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

thanks to all who filled this in so far...

anyone else?

M

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Hell yes.

2.) If so, why?

Well my friend got me into Green Lantern comics. The very first Green Lantern comic I read was Sinestro Corps War - Sinestro Corps Special #1. And I loved the whole flying powered policeman. I was also a big fan of Johns at the time, because I was reading his other stuff, so I made damn sure I caught up with Green Lantern comics + Corps just before the next issue of Green Lantern came out. And Through them I just really liked it. And now Kyle Rayner is my 5 favourite comic character of all time. :)

3.) If not, why not?

I just said I am.

August 2007. And in that time I've read probably everything up to date with Green Lantern comics. And I'm catching up with Volume 3. I've read from 48-75. Had to put them off for a while. Had loads of things to do.

See answer for question 4

Kyle Rayner

I just read him and feel like it's a real person. He has his ups and downs. And I've been reading Volume 3 of Green Lantern where he enters the scene and from there I just love the guy.

If it counts for the question, then I'll say ION, by Ron Marz.

I don't know if it had something that other books didn't have but I just find that I can read and re-read it all the time. That could be down to the fact I can read almost anything with Kyle in it.

Yes, very very very!!! And if Kyle gets killed off I'll stop reading Green Lantern Comics!

11.) If you are, why?

I just have this image in my head of this will be like The Return of the King. For me the third and best Lord of the Rings movie.

12.) If not, why?

I said It would be good.

Yes.

14.) If so, why?

I rather like it because I LOVE the Blue Lanterns.And I see a beginning to them and I love getting to know someone or some thing at the start. Like watching a movie half way through does my head in. I would like to know what happened at the start.

15.) If not, why?

I said yes.

I just think they're being paranoid. And when the war comes then they'll have to scrap them because they are written to stop this. It will have some impact.

Between people. I.E. Kyle and Natu. Kyle deserves a women after all the crap he's went through. This could rip him from the Green side.

I wouldn't say they were corrupt, just more human than they will like to admit. However I do not feel the need for them any more.

There is. For example when reading Robin #156: High Dive. There was a very clear message in that. And it's always possible that it will help people. And even if it's just 1 person, then they still helped or saved one more than none.

I like Gibbson, but I would be happy with either Johns or Marz. But I like the big story lines that Johns writes. But I also like the character development that Marz does.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#20  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

I'm a huge fan, it's my favorite DC comic.

2.) If so, why?

I've always liked that character and been a big fan of Alan Scott since I was a kid, even though he isn't a true Green Lantern. However, I didn't really start religiously reading until I got back into comics when GL: Rebirth came out. Plus, it's space police... That's awesome.

3.) If not, why not?

Since Rebirth, but I read quite a bit of stuff as a child.

I read GLC, GL, and JSA for my Alan Scott kick.... Oh, and the current Solomon Grundy run, it's heavy with Scott.

In this order: Hal, Alan, Kyle, John, Kilowag, Guy, G'nort, Mogo

I'ma big sci-fi fan and when the first Showcase came out for GL, I fell in love with the Hal Jordan era. The race to space, the piliot, it captures the era and childhood dreams for the time, even though I wasn't a part of it.

I really enjoy New Dawn.

It's a great intro to the Kyle era and just plain fun without going too far into the mythos and confusing new readers. Sinestro War and Rebirth follow right behind.

Very excited, I'm a huge Black Hand fan and I'm really excited about what they've done to the comic no matter how mad Methos gets.

11.) If you are, why?

See answer to 10

12.) If not, why?

See answer to 10

Yes and no. Yellow and Violet have been around since the silver age, not the corps part but the powers themselves. And as cool as it is to see Sinestro and Star Sapphire kind of led their own teams, it takes away from what GLC does, police the universe. The corps lose their meaning a little when their are six other corps floating around. I am really excited for the Orange Lanterns though, but that's because I love the idea of greedy lanterns.

14.) If so, why?

See answer to 13

15.) If not, why?

See answer to 13

It's annoying and only feels like set-up for everything else. I like it, but it bugs me to a certain degree.

The rules have changed, it will effect them, but they'll all be dissolved after Blackest Night is over.

How can you have police without the police chief? They seemed unprepared for a lot of stuff though, completely oblivious to what's going on, but what boss isn't?

I'm not answering this, I read for fun.

I really enjoy Johns, even with the retcons that many people dislike. He's a lot of fun and has raised the stakes in the GL Universe. Now, if only he could do something awesome with Alan Scott, John Stewart, and Kyle... Come on! John isn't even around anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.