Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2501 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern, should I pursue volume 3?

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By katanalauncher

Hi, I'm trying to get into GLs.
    Since I don't read a whole lot of DC, I'm going to need some help.
    I tracked down Emerald dawn I  & II and the first three volume of volume 3.
    While these comics weren't bad(except for Guy and G'nort's story), they definitely feel a little dated.
    I know in Emerald twilight Hal fights Sinistro and becomes the new Parallax, should I skip to that part?
    If I did skip to Emerald twilight, should  I continue the volume to read Kyle's story?
    Or should I start reading Rebirth/Recharge and start the new volume?
    Thanks in advance.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Start with the New Volume. Volume 3 is now largely irrelevant.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By katanalauncher

Are there some key storyline between vol 3 to Rebirth suck as Emerald Twilight that I should read?

caesarsghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By caesarsghost

Hmm, while I admit that I am not an expert in pre-Rebirth/Recharge storylines I can say that I started with the new volume and have not found any huge gaping holes in my GL knowledge. Reading Rebirth without Emerald Twilight is a little confusing at first, but everything that you need to know is explained in the volume itself. I think it was actually designed as a starting off point for new fans without having to read the 50 or so years of comic continuity before it.

If you really want you can also pick up Secret Origin, its Hal's current origin story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.