Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern Ring Question...

virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By virgin4life

I'm not sure exactly how a green lantern ring works...

It can create anything you can imagine, right?

Wouldn't it be possible for me to imagine a button that kills all my enemies then just press it?  What's the deal?  What are the limitations?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

They each depend on emotions, green for example works only for Willpower, so you would have to bring up enough willpower to "Kill all your enemies" which would be more than anyone has.

virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By virgin4life
    @warlock360 said:
    " They each depend on emotions, green for example works only for Willpower, so you would have to bring up enough willpower to "Kill all your enemies" which would be more than anyone has. "
    damn homey.. i thought will power affected the power of hte constructs you made..... for example, i imagine a big hand punch, and a person with more will power does the same but his hurts more...............
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

Each Ring is Fueled by a different emotion/state of being.

Green - Will
    Yellow - Fear
    Red - Rage
    Blue - Hope
    Sapphire - Love
    Indigo - Compassion
    Orange - Avarice (greed)
    Black - Death
    White - Life

as for the button thing, you couldn't do it because the Constructs don't have the power to just take life. It's hard to explain, the constructs as far as I know need to physically touch their targets whether is be a blast, saw, a fist, a bat or whatever. It can't just say die and everybody die. And up until the Sinestro Corps War the Green Lanterns were not authorized to use deadly force. Though they can now.

virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By virgin4life
    @Caligula said:
    " Each Ring is Fueled by a different emotion/state of being.  Green - Will Yellow - Fear Red - Rage Blue - Hope Sapphire - Love Indigo - Compassion Orange - Avarice (greed) Black - Death White - Life  as for the button thing, you couldn't do it because the Constructs don't have the power to just take life. It's hard to explain, the constructs as far as I know need to physically touch their targets whether is be a blast, saw, a fist, a bat or whatever. It can't just say die and everybody die. And up until the Sinestro Corps War the Green Lanterns were not authorized to use deadly force. Though they can now. "
    how about i imagine a gun and the bullets can instantly kill anyone.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Caligula
    @virgin4life said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " Each Ring is Fueled by a different emotion/state of being.  Green - Will Yellow - Fear Red - Rage Blue - Hope Sapphire - Love Indigo - Compassion Orange - Avarice (greed) Black - Death White - Life  as for the button thing, you couldn't do it because the Constructs don't have the power to just take life. It's hard to explain, the constructs as far as I know need to physically touch their targets whether is be a blast, saw, a fist, a bat or whatever. It can't just say die and everybody die. And up until the Sinestro Corps War the Green Lanterns were not authorized to use deadly force. Though they can now. "
    how about i imagine a gun and the bullets can instantly kill anyone. "
    the gun and bullets yes. Instant Kill would depend on the characters resistance to said constructs respective spectrum.
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Valtot
    @virgin4life:
    yes lanterns have been seen to make guns
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360
    @Valtot:
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Caligula
    @Valtot:@warlock360: It' mostly John Stewart with his military background that creates guns, being that it's a construct that is in his mind quite often.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warlock360
    Sydpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sydpart2

Well the ring is only limited by your imagination, but to create a construct of a button that kills all your enemies, you'd need to have an understanding of how that it would work. You wouldn't be able to create it because you wouldn't know how to create it. It'd be like you having trouble on a math problem, having access to everything you need to create a TI-83 calculator, and me saying "Why don't you just make a calculator?" Conceivably you could but since you (likely) don't understand how then you won't be able to.
    On the subject of the rings place as technology in itself...I always think of this quote in relation to the ring
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"- Arthur C Clarke

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.