Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern Movie Gets A Location Shoot And Budget

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Depending on how you look at this, it may not be big news.  According to the Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. and director Martin Campbell will be shooting "Green Lantern" at Fox Studios Australia in Sydney.  The movie is set to have a budget of $150 million. 

Pre-production will begin in July and filming should start in November.  That means they will have a year to complete once filming begins since the movie is scheduled to be released on December 17, 2010.  Doesn't seem like a lot of time.  Perhaps a lot of the special effects work will begin before filming?  There isn't a cast yet (that we know of).  The good news is if you're in the area, 500 jobs will be created for the movie.  Start working on your resume now.
    Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By Kurrent

Coast City in Australia.....I can dig it!

ThE FL@

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ThE FL@

applying for the role of mogo... hahaha...

i will kill martin campbell if this film would be like superman returns... if he brings action and a good story then its a good job...

finally a movie... a nice move for dc... green lantern first flight, the blackest night, now a lantern movie... they really are planning on making the GL franchise a success and making big bucks... hahaha... they really want some of that GREEN...

skillin villin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By skillin villin

I hope this movie will be good, i saw the concept art for it and it's pretty sick.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Uh oh, this production is already feeling rushed and pre-production just started....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
    The Budget is solid for an Opening Green Lantern Film... I just hope they arent rushing things too much... This Film Can Not Be a Failure
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

#6  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    King Saturn said:
    "The Budget is solid for an Opening Green Lantern Film... I just hope they arent rushing things too much... This Film Can Not Be a Failure
    "
    But they are rushing it already, that's the sad
    deactivated-579fe0ae58107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 304

User Lists: 27

Amen to that King Saturn! Green Lanternhas got to be the nextIron Man. It has to be fun. It has to be positive and upbeat. It can't be either Superman Returns or like either of the Batman movies. New Frontier showed that Hal and Barry are on the same level as Superman and Batman.  

Avatar image for zachattackwhack
    zachattackwhack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By zachattackwhack

I think the key to success for this movie is a villian whom makes the movie, apart from needing a good story and good action and what not.  This is movie is gonna need a villian who you love to hate.

Loony Moony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Loony Moony

can't wait till this movie comes out, im marking down the days

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Decept-O

Every step taken is one more towards seeing the film in the theatres.  Can't wait!

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By Darkchild

Awesome, and if it sucks we can blame it on the Aussies

Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

this success of this movie could make GL replace Wonder Woman as part of the Big Three. In my mind Hal already is.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dane

Well I think it's awesome that its coming forward but I'd rather they push the release date back and make a good movie than rush the whole thing and release a piece of crap.

seamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By seamat

It's looking good so far, an accomplished director, a decent budget, more than the first X-Men movie was made on if I'm not mistaken and a definite release date. DC seem to be taking this seriously, I'm quitely optimistic. Fingers crossed they get the story and casting right but like I said, it's looking good so far. My votes still for David Boreanaz for Hal Jordan if anybody from DC is reading this ; )

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LastSon1027

This movie really needs to shine so that DC can expand into their universe of other characters. They have so many great characters like Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary and so on. As long as these great characters have been around it's time for them to get some more recognition in the mainstream.

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Media_Master

Dingos

Crockey

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.