Green Lantern Help

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors was any good and should I pick it up? also what is a good recent pre-new 52 book  that features Kyle Rayner?

#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors. There was some funny scenes in it. I like Guy so maybe that's why it was appealing to me. New Guardians is the recent book with Kyle as the main character. Voodoo also had Kyle in, but that was because the person that worked on Voodoo at the beginning was Ron Marz, Kyle Rayner's creator. Most of his work nowadays is at Top Cow.

#4 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors was pretty good. Pick up Green Lantern: New guardians if you want to read about Kyle.

#5 Posted by Mortacai (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle Rayner was the only lantern starting in Green Lantern Vol 3 Issue 51-the end of Vol. 3 pretty much.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33469 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel@RyuHayabusa: Yea I was reading that (need to catch up) I was hoping for some pre-DCnU books though 

@Mortacai: Ok thanks
#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Want to read Kyle. Begin with, if you can volume 3 issue 48. Kyle's first appearance. Then he becomes a GL in issue 51. Grant Morrison's JLA is a very good read with good showings for Kyle.

#8 Posted by The_Tree (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd recommend Emerald Warriors, it was a fun series and Guy was awesome in it. I only wish the relaunch didn't hit it so early, it was probably going to do some awesome stuff with Sodam Yat.

#9 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read Emeralds Warriors. But as far as New Gaurdians goes I think it's the best of the Green Lantern books.

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: If you want to read stories that are really good with Kyle, I'd read JLA. That's what got me really in to Kyle Rayner. Also, Volume three is his solo book, but I haven't read any of that. When Hal returns and reboots GL into Volume 4, Kyle's adventures continue in Green Lantern Corps.

#11 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.