Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern fights Green Lantern (spoilers inside)

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mysoulz
    John Stewart fights Hal Jordan for leadership in GREEN LANTERN CORPS #26
    John Stewart fights Hal Jordan for leadership in GREEN LANTERN CORPS #26

I'll try to make this post a bit short.

Hal and John had shared their differences a couple of times in the past, which resulted in fights. Since War of the Green Lanterns, John Stewart made the toughest decisions by sacrificing fellow members, because he believe that is what's best for the green lantern corps. If John gets his wish, does he deserve this kind of position, despite his past mistakes and arrogance that led to the destruction of Xanshi? Does anyone blame John for having this kind of behavior against Hal?

Thoughts?

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I really don't know how to feel about my two favorite Lanterns duking it out. But I know this story is gonna be amazing!

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Will this be one of those covers that have little to do with the actual issue?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I think it is just like that.But if they fight and the writer makes John win and he becomes the leader of the GL Corps I will be really disappointed.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sinestro_GL

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

I think it is just like that.But if they fight and the writer makes John win and he becomes the leader of the GL Corps I will be really disappointed.

Yeah, I can't really imagine John fighting Hal for something so petty as that.

The leadership role is only temporary, until the Templar Guardians take over...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

I know.But I can't see a good reason why John would fight Hal for the leadership of the Corps.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

I know.But I can't see a good reason why John would fight Hal for the leadership of the Corps.

Because Hal is being a d*** or somethin'.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Lvenger
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

Currently he is not acting like a d**k.At least in my opinion.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@tdk_1997: Well maybe he just starts being one. Maybe he gets possessed by a new space bug.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dernman

I think it's dumb as suggested. Maybe that type of thing would work for Red Lanterns but this is the GL Corps. Settling out who the leader is over a fist fight is idiotic. Also lets say John does win. How they does that mean he gets to be the new leader? It wouldn't mean anything to a sane person. The Templar Guardians gave Jordan the authority to be leader and losing a fight wouldn't change that.

I'm not suggesting DC will play it out like that or have him win. Honestly I think Hal will win which is how John ends up a trainer. I just thought the idea was stupid.

For the record though I think they shouldn't have picked one leader but a council of Honor Guard to lead the GL's.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decoyelite: I hope it's nothing like that because it's too big of a cliche and sounds lame.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#13  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I had a feeling this would happen.....

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I think it's dumb as suggested. Maybe that type of thing would work for Red Lanterns but this is the GL Corps. Settling out who the leader is over a fist fight is idiotic. Also lets say John does win. How they does that mean he gets to be the new leader? It wouldn't mean anything to a sane person. The Templar Guardians gave Jordan the authority to be leader and losing a fight wouldn't change that.

I'm not suggesting DC will play it out like that or have him win. Honestly I think Hal will win which is how John ends up a trainer. I just thought the idea was stupid.

For the record though I think they shouldn't have picked one leader but a council of Honor Guard to lead the GL's.

well i dont know about leadership positions but it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened. Guy tried to kill Hal to gain his sector spot once and wasn't punished,and Hal returned the favor later (without the whole attempted murder angle) and succeeded.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Them fighting isn't what bothered me. I can see them fighting over a difference of opinion. It was just the thought that who would win would mean anything.

It could be argued the the Guardians didn't care about the fight unless it's disruptive to the running of the corps and defending the sector. This is a bit more though because it's who in charge and the direction the corps go in. Beating Hal wouldn't magically give him the authority over the corps. GL's would be like ok you beat the leader up so what? What makes you think I'm going to suddenly follow you. It's different when it comes to running him out of a sector where you are mostly the only ones involved and it doesn't involve other people.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt: Them fighting isn't what bothered me. I can see them fighting over a difference of opinion. It was just the thought that who would win would mean anything.

It could be argued the the Guardians didn't care about the fight unless it's disruptive to the running of the corps and defending the sector. This is a bit more though because it's who in charge and the direction the corps go in. Beating Hal wouldn't magically give him the authority over the corps. GL's would be like ok you beat the leader up so what? What makes you think I'm going to suddenly follow you. It's different when it comes to running him out of a sector where you are mostly the only ones involved and it doesn't involve other people.

yeah, i agree. something big must be happening to make get that at each other's throats.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: I think it involves failing Guy and abandoning a sector to the Reds. Among other extreme decisions Hal will make.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@decoyelite said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@sinestro_gl said:

Currently he is not acting like a d**k.At least in my opinion.

Exactly.

If it is, as suggested, a fight for the leadership, it may not be in a literal sense...

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mysoulz

@avenging_x_bolt said:

I had a feeling this would happen.....

Same here, considering how Van Jenson mentioned about his reading on John's Mosaic series, few months back. Who knows...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@dernman said:

@avenging_x_bolt: I think it involves failing Guy and abandoning a sector to the Reds. Among other extreme decisions Hal will make.

One of them will be declaring war on the other corps which includes John's current girlfriend so that might have something to do with it.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

@lvenger said:

Well I may as well see what @the_greatest_green_lantern, @captain13, @outlawrenegade and @desh think of this. No doubt they're going to champion Stewart over Hal in all this.

I think we already know what they think. I actually expected them to already have commented on this thread.

Are they considered fans of John or fanboys of John?

Fanboys.

i consider them fans. they're passionate but usually fair.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Interesting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

@lvenger said:

Well I may as well see what @the_greatest_green_lantern, @captain13, @outlawrenegade and @desh think of this. No doubt they're going to champion Stewart over Hal in all this.

I think we already know what they think. I actually expected them to already have commented on this thread.

Are they considered fans of John or fanboys of John?

Fanboys.

i consider them fans. they're passionate but usually fair.

Well I never implied that them being fanboys was a bad thing.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommyJones1945

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TommyJones1945

Uh, this sooooooooo stupid and lame. Hal is the temporary leader designated by the templar guardians. John winning a fight isn't going to change it.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Green Lantern should stomp.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.