Green Lantern Corps

#1 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone reading this? I love Green Lantern, Hal, Kyle, etc. But this comic is just so hard for me to read. I don't know if it's partly due to Guy Gardner (never was a huge fan of his) or what. Each month I come so close to dropping the title. I'm finding it hard to continue reading. I'm actually halfway through ish 7 right now. It's like it's not really offering much to the whole Green Lantern mytho.

Can anyone convinve me to keep reading this? I'm just afraid that the moment I stop buying it, some huge DC Universe shattering event will take place. Not very likely, I know.

#2 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#3 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

No no...I'm talking the Green Lantern Corps book. It's worse. Guy Gardner with different alien lanterns with Kilowag calling someone a poozer once in a while. Hal's Grenn Lantern is gonna get good (I hope) with the Sinestro Corps.

#4 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#5 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

I starte this thread as I was trying to get through issue 7 during lunch. The Green Lantern Corpse could be better. Who wants to do the team write-up? I try not to think how much I spend.

#6 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy is the greatest. This is pure blasphemy.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18678 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the butterfly alien.

#8 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

ScoodleDaddle says:

"Guy is the greatest. This is pure blasphemy."

hee hee

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#10 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, he had brain damage at the time, so it doesn't count.

#11 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh huh...okay.

#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#13 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Still?

#14 Posted by Tasshole (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it.

#15 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Really?

I thought Green Lantern Corpse could've been cool. To be honest, I just read issue 8 and plan on reading 9 today. I'm still so close to dropping this title.

#16 Posted by Golden Boy (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand Guy Gardner. The corps book never seemed that interesting to me. Kilowog is greta but none of the corps characters, in my opinion, are worth having a book about.

#17 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

I collected the limited series "Recharge", but after that... not so much.

#18 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

That is still one of the greatest comic stories that I have ever seen G-man. The one hit KO lives on.

#19 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I haven't read the last issue or two. Just read 12 the other day. It was alright. Guy Gardner - fugitive? His "dad" made me laugh. He was so big and out of proportion. That MOGO, what a goof. What was up with Kilowog saying they should just execute Gardner?

#20 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Big K went to Mogo a couple issues ago, and something is up on the Living Planet. It might have something to do with either the Sinestro Corps or the "Prophecy". Or both.

Mogo seems to have been corrupted, and it has spread to Kilowog and Green Man, among others.

#21 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. That makes things more interesting. Like I said, I haven't read the last issue or two.

#22 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm glad that they're not making what's happening super obvious.

Also, if you go to the bit where the Lantern's are training in their Danger Room-esque place, Sodom Yat appears briefly, another sign that Alan Moore's prophecy is coming to pass.

#23 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm looking forward to June's Sinestro Corps.

#24 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Likewise. I'm not too hip to the GL title though. Jordan never floated my boat.

#25 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

Wha...?

#26 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Man. Reading silver age shit makes me wonder about the writers. It's like PeeWee's playhouse. These guys must have had their tongues fimrly planted in-cheek when writing this.
Post Edited:2007-05-16 00:46:45

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i loved the romance between Hal and Arisia... was a really nice plot

M

#28 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd actual like to know more about this new Chinese super team.

#29 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (642 posts) - - Show Bio

From 52?

Apparently they'll be making more appearances in the DCU soon.

Although I fail to see what that has to do with the Corps, aside from this scan.

#30 Posted by G-Man (18870 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.