Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern Continuity and the New 52?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By John Valentine

How much of pre-reboot Green Lantern history happened? (I've read all of Green Lantern Vol.4 at present and I'm just about to start on Vol.5).

1. Hal becoming Parallax?
    2. Sinestro as a Yellow Lantern?
    3. Kyle's run as Green Lantern/Ion?
    4. Green Lantern: Rebirth?
    5. The "recharging" of the Corps?
    6. Sinestro Corps War?
    7. Blackest Night?
    8. Brightest Day?
    9. War of the Green Lanterns?

Am I right in thinking that it ALL happened?

Also, what about Ganthet and Sayd? Are they both just emotionless Guardians now? Do we know who founded the Blue Lantern Corps?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By ReVamp
    1. Pretty sure it did.
    2. Yes, for sure.
    3. Pretty sure it did.
    4. If Hal became parallax then yeah.
    5. ?
    6. More than pretty sure it did.
    7. Je ne sais Pas.
    8. Le même chose.
    9. No idea.
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By kidchipotle

@ReVamp said:

1. Pretty sure it did.
    2. Yes, for sure.
    3. Pretty sure it did.
    5. ?
    7. Je ne sais Pas.
    8. Le même chose.
    9. No idea.

For 5, he's referring to the mini series Green Lantern: Recharge that was released straight after Rebirth.

As for all these questions, I'm pretty sure every single event has happened. The only thing I'm unsure about is Rayner being the last green lantern and Ion. Also Brightest Day and Blackest night are toss ups. They're both still cannon but I think they're going to be heavily altered.

EDIT: Sayd is the guardian for Agent Orange now and Ganthet is being mindcontrolled via the other Guardians.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ReVamp

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp said:

1. Pretty sure it did.
    2. Yes, for sure.
    3. Pretty sure it did.
    5. ?
    7. Je ne sais Pas.
    8. Le même chose.
    9. No idea.

For 5, he's referring to the mini series Green Lantern: Recharge that was released straight after Rebirth.

As for all these questions, I'm pretty sure every single event has happened. The only thing I'm unsure about is Rayner being the last green lantern and Ion. Also Brightest Day and Blackest night are toss ups. They're both still cannon but I think they're going to be heavily altered.

EDIT: Sayd is the guardian for Agent Orange now and Ganthet is being mindcontrolled via the other Guardians.

I know what he's referring to, I read it. I just have no idea of what the answer would be.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

@ReVamp: Oh, haha, oops, sorry! Well, I think it happened..so as long as they were still destroyed...

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kallarkz

9 for sure did happen.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReVamp

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@ReVamp: Oh, haha, oops, sorry! Well, I think it happened..so as long as they were still destroyed...

Yeah, well to properly justify it you need evidence, so that's why I put "I think" for most of them. =P

Avatar image for stormtrance1618
    stormtrance1618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By stormtrance1618

I'm pretty sure that everything that happened in Geoff Johns' Green Lantern "happened" and is still canon. Just some things like Blackest Night and Brightest Day will be altered.

I'm unsure about Green Lantern Corps. I figured there would have been some fallout for John Stewarts' character because of what he did during War of the Green Lanterns. But having seen what he just did in the last issue of the Corps and reading solicits for future issues, they might finally bring that back up.

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9  Edited By MonkeyToe

They mentioned something about the Book of the Black in one of the Green Lantern issues. I think that would indicate that The Blackest Night did in fact happen?

MonkeyToe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10  Edited By MonkeyToe

Also, Black Hand appears in NEW 52 Green Lantern #7 as an Indigo Tribe. Being that he was taken by the Indigo Tribe at the end of The Blackest Night, I think this means that it is still considered Cannon.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By primebonnick

i don't get how blackest night could have still happened if prime is not in this universe or at least not appeared yet, as for Kal-L but what every that whole 5 year gap makes no sense especially in the batman continuity.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.