Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2502 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Green Lantern animated series = super excitement

CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By CasimirAngel

I don't know about you, but I am really excited for the GL animated series.  After missing JL and JLU for a few years, and not being too impressed by Young Justice, Not only is the series going to feature numerous GLs (so far, Kilowog and Salaak have been confirmed), but also showcase the Red Lantern Corps.  I couldn't think of a better medium than an ongoing animated series to highlight the GL Corps.  A movie is too short and a series really gives a lot of room for exlporing such a huge universe.  I can only hope a huge War of the Light is eventually coming for the show.  What does everyone else want from the show?
    Neuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Neuron

I'd like to see a balance of all the elements in the first season...  Decent coverage of Hal Jordan's character, some superheroics on Earth (maybe with a Green Arrow crossover), some GLC-focused episodes, and of course a major league intergalactic threat (or two) that spans episodes.  The different Corps could be introduced, moving toward a War in a later season.   Maybe a structure like the latest Avengers series would be good.  It introduced a ton of classic elements and made them work as single complete story.

Also, I've been pleasantly surprised with Young Justice.  The character incarnations are fun and work well together..  I really like the interpretation of Atlantis and the overarching mystery of the masterminds (though my money is on the rulers of Apokolips).

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

your not impressed by young justice??  are you human? 

As for me, I couldn't care less about Green Lantern solo. I'd like to see a Wonder Woman series, or Flash

The Emerald Knights movie looks pretty cool though
    CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CasimirAngel
    @cattlebattle said:
    "your not impressed by young justice??  are you human?  As for me, I couldn't care less about Green Lantern solo. I'd like to see a Wonder Woman series, or Flash   The Emerald Knights movie looks pretty cool though "

Let me rephrase.  I'm not as impressed as I would have hoped.  I still like the show and will continue to watch Young Justice, but I was hoping for more. 

@Neuron said:
    Also, I've been pleasantly surprised with Young Justice.  The character incarnations are fun and work well together..  I really like the interpretation of Atlantis and the overarching mystery of the masterminds (though my money is on the rulers of Apokolips). "

I also think Apokoplis is being the light.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
    @CasimirAngel:
    Oh OK, I got offended there. Give it time, its only 9 eps in. 

Are you excited for the GL movie?......I have my doubts
    CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CasimirAngel
    @cattlebattle:
    GL movie?  I'm excited, but I hope the effects are better than the trailer.  Also, I hope Blake Lively doesn't suck. 
    Neuron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Neuron
    @CasimirAngel said:
    " @cattlebattle: GL movie?  I'm excited, but I hope the effects are better than the trailer.  Also, I hope Blake Lively doesn't suck.  "
    Spot on.  That was not a great trailer, especially compared to Thor and Captain America.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

I kinda wanna see a Green Lantern Corps of Earth. It can show that even a bunch of characters with the same power can be interesting due to their characterizations.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.