Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

GL and Superman encounters!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

As someone fairly new to Green Lantern ( believe it or not, the film converted me, I think he is a great character), I'm intruiged to know what has happened when any GL has squared up to Superman. I understand that in the past, Green Lanterns have used Kryptonite on Superman, but generally who has faired best in their battles and can you give me references to good comics where they have locked horns so to speak.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Generally speaking, Kryptonians tend to do better in battles...but they are always breath-taking to watch.

No Caption Provided

Though not necessarily Superman, per sé, I would recommend you to read the Sinestro Corps War. Simply amazing story. Though, before you read that, you probably should read a couple more stories to understand the context.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Thanks, my one and only GL graphic novel is War of the Green Lanterns..what other stories do you recommend?

Where does this come from?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.