Geoff Johns Green Lantern Tribute!

#1 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello Viners!

So as you all know, it's not long to go before Geoff Johns ends his amazing run on the Green Lantern, which started way back in 2004 with Green Lantern: Rebirth.

So I thought that as a run-up to Johns' final issue, out next month, we here at Comic Vine should do justice to an amazingly talented writer by submitting, below, our most memorable moments of Geoff Johns' 9-year run on the GL title.

Originally, I was thinking about doing a community vote, (like I did last year when I organised the Most Iconic Comic Book Cover of All Time vote), but Geoff Johns has given so much to the Green Lantern Universe that it would be a grave injustice to limit the number of memorable scenes to a single finite number, so I thought it'd be best to leave the number of submissions open.

Thanks for everything Geoff! We'll all miss you on GL!

#2 Edited by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get the ball rolling...

Green Lantern: Rebirth - Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Killawog team up to battle Parallax

This scene, for me, is right up there on my list of favourite comic book moments of all-time. To see the five lanterns battle against Parallax, whilst reciting the Green Lantern Oath, during Hal's return to the corps, all make for a memorable scene in comic book history:

#3 Posted by CrashBang (120 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, Blackest Night was a crowning achievement and my favourite moment: Yellow Lantern Scarecrow. Such an obvious, perfect idea that had a really jaw-dropping impact.

#4 Posted by Lvenger (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of my favourite moments from Johns' run. To see Hal step up to the plate and take down Krona making him the ultimate hero followed by his rejection from the Corps was a poignant yet awesome moment

#5 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to pick just one moment. I think arc-wise Sinestro Corps War was my favorite. It had awesome battles (SBP vs IonSY FTW) and really brought the cosmic world of the GL to the earthly-realm of the rest of the DCU.

#6 Posted by Dabee (2393 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything.

#7 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to pick just one moment. I think arc-wise Sinestro Corps War was my favorite. It had awesome battles (SBP vs IonSY FTW) and really brought the cosmic world of the GL to the earthly-realm of the rest of the DCU.

Well, you don't have to submit just once :)

I'm pretty sure that I'll be hanging around here, posting plenty of scans along the way!

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3158 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.