Ebay Scum!!!

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of you may remember bout the scalper that was selling the ultra-rare JLU Hal Jordan figure on eBay for a price so outrageously high, not one person ever placed a bid on it throughout multiple auctions!

Well, the asshats known to fanboys (and girls) everywhere as scalpers are at it again!

As some of you are no doubt aware, I desperately want DC Direct's original 1:6 scale (13") Hal Jordan figure. But I absolutely REFUSE to pay the $200 "book value" currently listed, that's just way too much to pay for a figure that originally sold for $59.99 (or less, depending on where you bought it!) And of course, DC Direct has ignored the pleas of fans begging them to "Re-Activate" that exact figure, featuring Hal Jordan in his definitive, most beloved costume!

So, of course, leave it to the scalping scumbags to take total advantage of the situation

http://cgi.ebay.com/13-DC-Direct-GREEN-LANTERN_W0QQitemZ280204424021QQihZ018QQcategoryZ60153QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Starting Bid $249.99, Buy It Now $250.00!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150220276596&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Starting Bid $249.99, Buy It Now $295.99!

Again, remember my Words of Wisdom, kids...

Every time you buy from a scalper, God kills a kitten!

Please,

M
Post Edited:2008-02-28 12:27:54

#2 Posted by mickeys4life (74 posts) - - Show Bio

If people are willing to pay the price then good for the ebay seller. The whole idea of selling is to make money. I know when I sell on ebay I am not praying for a low sales amount...I am hoping for high dollar amounts.

#3 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Capitalism at its best.

#4 Posted by Superkitty (1089 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

[stuff deleted]

So, of course, leave it to the scalping scumbags to take total advantage of the situation

http://cgi.ebay.com/13-DC-Direct-GREEN-LANTERN_W0QQitemZ280204424021QQihZ018QQcategoryZ60153QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Starting Bid $249.99, Buy It Now $250.00!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150220276596&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Starting Bid $249.99, Buy It Now $295.99!

Again, remember my Words of Wisdom, kids...

Every time you buy from a scalper, God kills a kitten!

Please,

yeah!

(Your second e-bay URL didn't work for me)

It was (is?) similar for Wii's. Some sellers were stockpiling them and trying to sell them for $5oo, when they retail for $25o. Luckily they weren't rare like those statues, and there were enough normal people who were more desperate for money and willing to sell it cheaper than that for quick cash. It was worse when PS3's came out, because there weren't any used systems and people were expecting the system to do as well as the PS2, gamewise. All you can do is simply not buy it and hope they reduce the price (usually in small increments, though). Although someone may buy it, proving there are idiots with too much money.

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

ahh... supply and demand... sort of.. doesn't look like theres any demand for that with zero bids.

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

just people trying to take advantage of others...

M

#7 Posted by Dormath (2398 posts) - - Show Bio

its one hell of a mark up that is for sure.

#8 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Supply and demand, man. If no one is willing to buy at that price, the guy is going to lose money on listing fees. Who cares?

#9 Posted by King Saturn (225103 posts) - - Show Bio
Wow... well there is Supply and Demand for you. I know I wouldnt want to pay no $ 300.00 for a Hal Jordan Action Figure and I am a huge fan of Hal Jordan.
#10 Posted by Master X (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I Know what you mean it sucks

#11 Edited by Django Fett (4 posts) - - Show Bio
NiteFly said:
"

Supply and demand, man. If no one is willing to buy at that price, the guy is going to lose money on listing fees. Who cares?

"

Exactly. He's not holding a gun to their head and making them buy.  It does suck that there's douches out there that jack up the price of things.  Screw that.
#12 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"

just people trying to take advantage of others...

M

"
Ebay rape?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.