Do you agree the Green Lantern movie will come out in 2010?

#1 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a positive optimist so I am going to say yes. I look foward to the teaser.

#2 Posted by Kuja (67 posts) - - Show Bio

It would depend on which type of movie, if they make a CGI one than yes, but if they need the actors for every single lantern.... i *slightly* doubt it

#3 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

If they did tons of Green Lanterns and not centered on Hal Jordan then I would expect it to be delayed as that is more casting needed.

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Samuel Jackson would rock as John Stewart.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

no... it won't... or if it does, it will suck like nothing has ever sucked before...

look at the date, to come out in 2010 it would have to be written, cast, produced, post production, editing, special effects and more...

all that would have to be done in 17 months...

rushing a movie like that, especially on a movie like Green Lantern that requires a heavy amount of SFX, is just a recipe for disaster

M

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"no... it won't... or if it does, it will suck like nothing has ever sucked before...

M
"
Oh but ive seen the 90's justice league movie :P
#7 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
Oh but ive seen the 90's justice league movie :P
"

and there is my point precisely...

M
#8 Posted by Queen Kong (1603 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Common.

#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Queen Kong said:
"Go Common.
"

ugh, don't even get me started on that...

M
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Queen Kong said:
"Go Common.
"

ugh, don't even get me started on that...

M
"
LMFAO!
#11 Posted by ronbond007 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!!!!!! I HOPE IT COMES OUT IN THE SUMMER OF 2010! I'VE BEEN WAITING YEARS FOR A GREEN LANTERN MOVIE WITH HAL JORDAN! I DON'T WANT TO WAIT TILL AFTER 2010 TO SEE IT! I WANNA SEE GL ON THE BIG SCREEN HELL EVEN AN IMAX BIG SCREEN HOPEFULLY IN JULY 2010 TO SEE SOME COOL SPACE BATTLES AND VISIT ALIEN WORLDS!

#12 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Summer 2011 would be the earliest at the moment and that assumes it was green lit by the Overlords now and something had been written. I wouldn't start marking dates in your calander until you see some actual footage. I've lost track of the DC film projects that have been announced, only to be scrapped a few months later.

#13 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Common is not given enough credit, the man might be a poetic rapper, but he can play a good movie role given time and solid script.

#14 Posted by Raven Overdose (199 posts) - - Show Bio
Xeron said:
"Common is not given enough credit, the man might be a poetic rapper, but he can play a good movie role given time and solid script."
He's not right for GL.....at all.
#15 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see one but its probally come out in 2011!!!

#16 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
I felt like I wanted to throw up when I heard Common was going to play John Stewart...
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it has anything to do with me agreeing or not:P I hope so though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.