Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2504 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Did the New 52 changed the GL universe for worse?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Edited By arnoldoaad

I just finish reading the Green Lantern: New Guardians Annual and it just got me thinking on how changed are the GL comics right now

No Caption Provided

Everyone heard that the New 52 was going to affect pretty much everything except for Green Lantern and Batman, and it is just not true for Batman and it is not true for Green Lantern.

I will to start with the New Guardians Annual, the basis of the issue goes like this, Carol, Kyle Arkillo and Saint Walker go to Zamaron so that Kyle can train to use the violet side of the spectrum, then The Zamarons command Carol on a mission, to go to the place of Lady Styx called the dominion to get an alliance against the 3rd army, Carol contact with a Green Lantern name Jediah Caul, who is the GL of the sector and is working undercover, he informs them of a group of smuglers who can bring Carol with Lady Styx, but the smugglers are just a$$holes and betray carol, capture her and sell her to a tv show that is pretty much Hunger Games kind of thing in space, that is actually interesting, of course Arkillo and SW saves Carol but betray Jediah in place and he ends up in the game.

The issue was ok but it had a few plotholes like if Jediah knows that the Guardians went insane and created the 3rd army then why the hell is he still undercover for them? and if he is still undercover how did Carol contacted him or why did the Zamarons send Carol to Lady Styx instead of going themselves or sending a message with energy, or a phone call or an e-mail, and at the end of the comic the group ends in sector 9008, which is odd since there are only 3600 sectors, but maybe is a typo.

But reading this just kind of brought back a lot of memories of Green Lantern comics of the last few years and made me realize that all of that is gone and i dont think is for the better. Starting with Carol who was a prominent character in this issue, she is no longer the same Carol from the new 52, which got me thinking of how different are the star sapphires and how those affected the whole universe and there are a lot of things that were planned for Carol and them that now gone.

Like Carol as the Queen of Star Sapphires, that was something that came from Brightest Day, Queen Aga'po gets killed and the Star Sapphire Battery gets weak for losing the dead bodies of the pharaons of Hawkman and Hawkgirl and Carol is the one who helps everyone and the Zamarons make her their new Queen and that goes... Absolutely Nowhere.

Just nothing happens with that, and it was very interesting, I think Carol was just a great character in GL from the beginnings of Blackest Night to that point, where she is given the ring and she makes the choice to use it instead of just being possessed by it and that leads her to this point, and no i feel like she is not different from any SS, like her personality is gone, and i felt a lot of that while reading the Annual.

how about the other Sapphires like Mirri

or Fatality who did nothing in New Guardians and now she is appearing in GLC but again, she doesnt seem the same

and you know what else, before that there was an interesting aspect from the Sapphires which began in the Sin of the Star Sapphires storyline in GLC, which was the 3rd new Law of the book of OA, Green Lanterns cant be in love with other GLs.which i thought was a great idea to create a great conflict on the GLC and it did for a while when Kyle and Soranik Natu were dating despite being in violation of the New Law

and then the Law is revoked, and nothing happens with that, in fact there were suppose to be 10 new laws in the book of OA since Sinestro Corps War

Laws 1 and 2 allowed the GLs to use lethal power, law 3 forbid romance, law 4 made the sector of Larzfleeze no longer out of reach for GL

and thats it, there is no laws from 5-10

you could almost tell by reading GL during that time like i did that this was actually counting down to something and when law #10 was getting released that it would mean a new event coming on. but no it just didnt go anywhere.

and now that i was talking about Soranik Natu, what happen to her.

for those who dont know her she is the daughter of Sinestro and Arin Sur, the sister of Abin Sur, she is a doctor and appeared for the first time on the first chp of Green Lantern Corps Recharged and became a prominent character of it until the relaunch and then nothing...

we dont even know if she exist, we know Abin Sur did had a sister and was married to Sinestro but we dont know anything about Soranik, so maybe she doesnt even exist to make Sinestro, younger i guess...

in fact we dont know anything about most of the people of Green Lantern Corps before the new 52

What happen to Arisia, Iolande, Steel, Sodam Yat and others?

What happen to the the entities, to Parallax and ION and the rest?

we know now that Hal Jordan never died, that he probably was never parallax and definitely never Specter

what about Cowgirl?

does anyone even remembers her?

and now recently in Green Lantern, The Blue Lantern corps was destroyed, so was the Sinestro Corps, the Star Sapphires seems to go the same way and despite getting their own series the red Lanterns seem to lack an independent direction, also Sayd died and the Alpha Lanterns were destroyed.

I feel like the Green Lantern world has just suddenly gotten smaller, or it has the same size, it has less things on it.

and is part because of the recent storylines but also because of the new 52 and the changes that it has done, not only to its continuity but to its place

before i read GLC as an comic that was an Space Opera, now is like a war comic in space

New Guardians had its ups and downs but after a while it felt like it didnt even had a proper dirrection

Red Lanterns is the same, it started like a kind of vertigoeske GL book but the connection with the 3rd army seems hurtful, like i cant believe that they are doing what they are doing now while the 3rd army is going on

and Green Lantern, the first arc felt like if that story was written before the new 52 and had no changes on it, then issue 0 happens, and i like the book, but it feels like and entirely different book, Its like that was suppose to be the new 52 GL, anything before is prenew-52

and thats only the books themselves I dont even bother in trying to figure out how everything fits with the new 52, like if the Blackest Night still happen, how much of that affected the DCU, like was Wonder Woman still a Star Sapphire for a while, who lived who died and what happen from Brightest Day that is still the same, in fact did anyone was even revived at the end of BN?

it was an slow process but I know realize that it is no longer the same thing that got me excited about every month.

does anyone feel the same as me?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By arnoldoaad

bumpo

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By colonyofcells

Since post-coie, Dc policy has been to change continuity and history at any time. Some bits of history can be reimagined later on such as in post-coie, they reimagined some of the early adventures of the Justice League. Post-flashpoint, the death of Superman has been mentioned. For Green Lantern, some retcons here and there every month is normal. At least Hal Jordan did not get a reboot, so far. Better to forget some old stuff that are no longer being used in current stories to keep continuity simpler. Just thank dc that it has not yet erased John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By arnoldoaad

@colonyofcells said:

Since post-coie, Dc policy has been to change continuity and history at any time. Some bits of history can be reimagined later on such as in post-coie, they reimagined some of the early adventures of the Justice League. Post-flashpoint, the death of Superman has been mentioned. For Green Lantern, some retcons here and there every month is normal. At least Hal Jordan did not get a reboot, so far. Better to forget some old stuff that are no longer being used in current stories to keep continuity simpler. Just thank dc that it has not yet erased John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner.

some retcons every month end up becoming a lot of retcons per year and i just see that there are a lot of things that i really wanted to see followed up on GL that are now gone and had been gone for over a year, the GL comics wasnt made of just John Stewart, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By colonyofcells

One big erasure has been Alan Scott who used to hang out with Hal, John, Guy and Kyle. Alan Scott got dumped into the earth 2 reboot so John Stewart, Guy and Kyle have been lucky, so far.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By arnoldoaad

@colonyofcells said:

One big erasure has been Alan Scott who used to hang out with Hal, John, Guy and Kyle. Alan Scott got dumped into the earth 2 reboot so John Stewart, Guy and Kyle have been lucky, so far.

Im not talking about things that were erased just that thins are no longer the same, and the removal of Alan Scott is very minor to some of the other things like the emtire removal of Brightest Day and BN

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By colonyofcells

Both blackest night and brightest day involved other characters that got rebooted so those are possible to reimagine later on if desired but I prefer to just forget everything before Flashpoint to keep things simpler.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SUNMAN

I think some of these changes would have probably happened regardless of Flashpoint

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By arnoldoaad

@colonyofcells said:

Both blackest night and brightest day involved other characters that got rebooted so those are possible to reimagine later on if desired but I prefer to just forget everything before Flashpoint to keep things simpler.

it is a valid point but my point is not that things arent simpler but that things arent better than what they used to be

before there was this kind of idea that the GL franshice was in expansion, now it seems to be going backwards

and GLC is just boring now, it was much better before the new 52 and its because of the cast of characters on it

@SUNMAN said:

I think some of these changes would have probably happened regardless of Flashpoint

what changes specifically?

cause like i said i would had liked a follow up to Carol being the new Queen of the SS

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sethysquare

nothing has changed. the only difference you are complaining about is that all the great glc characters aren't appearing anywhere, when they should be appearing in glc. they replaced the book having all those great characters to a john and guy dick fest.

other than that, everything stays the same.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arnoldoaad

@sethysquare said:

nothing has changed. the only difference you are complaining about is that all the great glc characters aren't appearing anywhere, when they should be appearing in glc. they replaced the book having all those great characters to a john and guy dick fest.

ok i already explain why is not the same, you need to explain to me why you think it is the same

cause it is not just about some characters no longer appearing in GLC, its just the complete change that had in what the story is about

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By colonyofcells

My guess is both Batman titles and Green Lantern titles got affected by the memos from above on how to do the flashpoint revamps which obviously affected the characters and direction of the Green Lantern titles. Post-flashpoint seems to have a different target audience since they were hoping to sell more digital.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By arnoldoaad

@colonyofcells said:

My guess is both Batman titles and Green Lantern titles got affected by the memos from above on how to do the flashpoint revamps which obviously affected the characters and direction of the Green Lantern titles. Post-flashpoint seems to have a different target audience since they were hoping to sell more digital.

this is Johns we are talking about, he is the one who makes the memos

and that part of them making a huge change to sell more digital makes no sense and it obviously didnt work

GLC is selling lower than before

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colonyofcells

Green Lantern Corps is just an extra title which comes and goes. Normally, Green Lantern can only support 1 title. More post flashpoint changes were applied to titles that don't sell well and if the the post-flashpoint changes don't work, more changes are needed, more reboots are needed or, just cancel. For expansion of Green Lantern titles, my suggestion is to go with solo characters like Star Sapphire, Sinestro, Atrocitus, Larfleeze, etc.

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sethysquare

@arnoldoaad said:

@sethysquare said:

ok i already explain why is not the same, you need to explain to me why you think it is the same

cause it is not just about some characters no longer appearing in GLC, its just the complete change that had in what the story is about

1. She was the queen but she abandoned that position.

2. Fatality wasn't doing much pre flashpoint as well.

3. Miri was just a side character that can possibly not ever return.

4. The romance part was largely what was going on in GLC. After new guardians, they wanted new storylines for Kyle and it involved the new guardians.

5. Soranik Natu is a great character that failed to appear in GLC and would probably return eventually.

6. Same goes to arisia and the rest

7. The entities were never a main stay, they come and go depending on a particular storyline.

8. Cowgirl appeared like in the first few issues of GL around the time EVS was drawing. After that she almost never appeared.

9. Blue lantern corp getting destroyed and several other points you stated are all part of the story. it will happen regardless of the reboot. we're looking at them trying to move forward with some new storylines, abolish some stuff and build up others.

So I really don't see what is so much different other than GLC needs to bring back all those characters mentioned.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By arnoldoaad

@sethysquare said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@sethysquare said:

4. The romance part was largely what was going on in GLC. After new guardians, they wanted new storylines for Kyle and it involved the new guardians.

5. Soranik Natu is a great character that failed to appear in GLC and would probably return eventually.

7. The entities were never a main stay, they come and go depending on a particular storyline.

8. Cowgirl appeared like in the first few issues of GL around the time EVS was drawing. After that she almost never appeared.

9. Blue lantern corp getting destroyed and several other points you stated are all part of the story. it will happen regardless of the reboot. we're looking at them trying to move forward with some new storylines, abolish some stuff and build up others.

So I really don't see what is so much different other than GLC needs to bring back all those characters mentioned.

1- did she? i dont remember that but it bothers me that was done with that nevertheless

2- that wasnt my point, my point was that she is used in NG and then she is out, fells like a lack of organization for the titles

3- she was more than just a minor character

4- which is the problem that im touching on, is that change of focus that was created by the New 52 that is making GLC not work, GLC was far more interesting when it wasnt a war title in space, and it was more interesting when it had all those characters on it

5- there is no mention of her, i think is very likely she was deleted from continuity, why, because for a character like her even a little mention could be made in either GL when Sinestro was the main guy, and with Kyle, who has been done more mentions of Alex Dewitt than her, and the whole romance with Natu is also probably gone cause Jade is infact removed from continuity

but i will give you that maybe she could reappear, it just doesnt look like it will happen, and this is fault of the new 52

6- now this one is completely different cause im dont think they are gone for good just that i dont see why they havent even been introduce yet

7- ... I dont fell like that particular storyline had an ending for them, so why wouldnt they reappear, but you are right in this one maybe is a case of timing

8- Im pretty sure she appeared on more than a few my point is how GL just has a very poor memory for characters and plots like this

9- I wasnt blaming the new 52 on that one, i just see it as just like i said, the absence of all those characters and concepts + the destruction of all the other corps, it just feels like Green Lantern is losing steam, like is getting smaller

Im not complaining of 1 big thing here im pointing a ton of little things that all add to something

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sethysquare

@arnoldoaad said:

@sethysquare said:

@arnoldoaad said:

@sethysquare said:

1- did she? i dont remember that but it bothers me that was done with that nevertheless

2- that wasnt my point, my point was that she is used in NG and then she is out, fells like a lack of organization for the titles

3- she was more than just a minor character

4- which is the problem that im touching on, is that change of focus that was created by the New 52 that is making GLC not work, GLC was far more interesting when it wasnt a war title in space, and it was more interesting when it had all those characters on it

5- there is no mention of her, i think is very likely she was deleted from continuity, why, because for a character like her even a little mention could be made in either GL when Sinestro was the main guy, and with Kyle, who has been done more mentions of Alex Dewitt than her, and the whole romance with Natu is also probably gone cause Jade is infact removed from continuity

but i will give you that maybe she could reappear, it just doesnt look like it will happen, and this is fault of the new 52

6- now this one is completely different cause im dont think they are gone for good just that i dont see why they havent even been introduce yet

7- ... I dont fell like that particular storyline had an ending for them, so why wouldnt they reappear, but you are right in this one maybe is a case of timing

8- Im pretty sure she appeared on more than a few my point is how GL just has a very poor memory for characters and plots like this

9- I wasnt blaming the new 52 on that one, i just see it as just like i said, the absence of all those characters and concepts + the destruction of all the other corps, it just feels like Green Lantern is losing steam, like is getting smaller

Im not complaining of 1 big thing here im pointing a ton of little things that all add to something

uhm, my point is most of your points are who and who is missing from new 52 but the thing is they are never really recurring characters due to the nature of GL. After rebirth, there was a whole spectrum of characters and eventually they'll come back. But most of the time, those that you mentioned are really not important. Really? Miri, Cowgirl?

Which is why I would say the only difference is that GLC lost a whole bunch of characters and replaced it with John and Guy dick fest which I hated.

Also, with regards to Soranik Natu is why would they erase a character like her? there seems no purpose for that and its likely that she'll reappear soon.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By arnoldoaad

@sethysquare said:

@arnoldoaad said:

uhm, my point is most of your points are who and who is missing from new 52 but the thing is they are never really recurring characters due to the nature of GL. After rebirth, there was a whole spectrum of characters and eventually they'll come back. But most of the time, those that you mentioned are really not important. Really? Miri, Cowgirl?

Which is why I would say the only difference is that GLC lost a whole bunch of characters and replaced it with John and Guy dick fest which I hated.

Also, with regards to Soranik Natu is why would they erase a character like her? there seems no purpose for that and its likely that she'll reappear soon.

ok maybe Cowgirl wasnt important but Mirri was pretty big for a secondary character, she was the first Star Sapphire after Carol and she is presented from the origin forwar, i we will see her again if the SS gets some attention, but that will depend if it does get attention, and think it wont.

the problem with GLC is the lack of Kyle mainly, cause he was the guy that attracted all of this other characters around him, what you are looking at is the same effect but with John Steward and Guy, and even Guy when he had his own series on Emerald Warriors had a better cast, but it ultimately comes down to the new 52 cause the chance is made for that.

as for Soranik Natu

look, I really put a lot of thought on the things i write so when i say that is highly probable that she has been deleted, its not just because she is not appearing.

like I said, she is not only not appearing but she isnt even mentioned, which you might say is the same but it isnt because there are instances in which she could be mentioned but she is not and not just one, when we see inside Sinestro's head, there is no mention of her, why wouldnt it be, she never appears on Kurogar when it is being siege again by the Sinestro Corps, and the most important relationship with the character was with Kyle, and one of the strongest parts of that relationships was the shadow of Jade, but Jade no longer exists here, so that remove a huge of that relationship and finally when Kyle is talking about love and relationships, she mentions Alex, she never mentions Soranik and obviously cant mention Jade

so, this is a guess, i know, but im not basing it over nothing, its very probable that DC just didnt gave to craps about Soranik and decided to erase her to simplify the stories of Kyle and Sinestro

and one more thing that is kind of pissing me off in GL, is that it has a lot of plots that simply ended with nothing, the Queen Carol is one, the new 10 rules is another one as well as the entities and i feel that in light of the New 52 those things where just given the treatment of "Meh, we are rebooting everything anyways" I really think those plots would had a resolution if the new 52 hadnt happen

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sethysquare

@arnoldoaad said:

@sethysquare said:

@arnoldoaad said:

ok maybe Cowgirl wasnt important but Mirri was pretty big for a secondary character, she was the first Star Sapphire after Carol and she is presented from the origin forwar, i we will see her again if the SS gets some attention, but that will depend if it does get attention, and think it wont.

the problem with GLC is the lack of Kyle mainly, cause he was the guy that attracted all of this other characters around him, what you are looking at is the same effect but with John Steward and Guy, and even Guy when he had his own series on Emerald Warriors had a better cast, but it ultimately comes down to the new 52 cause the chance is made for that.

as for Soranik Natu

look, I really put a lot of thought on the things i write so when i say that is highly probable that she has been deleted, its not just because she is not appearing.

like I said, she is not only not appearing but she isnt even mentioned, which you might say is the same but it isnt because there are instances in which she could be mentioned but she is not and not just one, when we see inside Sinestro's head, there is no mention of her, why wouldnt it be, she never appears on Kurogar when it is being siege again by the Sinestro Corps, and the most important relationship with the character was with Kyle, and one of the strongest parts of that relationships was the shadow of Jade, but Jade no longer exists here, so that remove a huge of that relationship and finally when Kyle is talking about love and relationships, she mentions Alex, she never mentions Soranik and obviously cant mention Jade

so, this is a guess, i know, but im not basing it over nothing, its very probable that DC just didnt gave to craps about Soranik and decided to erase her to simplify the stories of Kyle and Sinestro

and one more thing that is kind of pissing me off in GL, is that it has a lot of plots that simply ended with nothing, the Queen Carol is one, the new 10 rules is another one as well as the entities and i feel that in light of the New 52 those things where just given the treatment of "Meh, we are rebooting everything anyways" I really think those plots would had a resolution if the new 52 hadnt happen

Like you said, its a guess and theres no proof to it for Soranik Natu.

sure, several stuff did not end well, but it kinda was creating too much continuity problems.

Lastly, one problem with GL was that, there was very little Kyle left in there, but GLNG's concept is definitely more interesting that sticking him in GLC.

At this moment what you're nitpicking is really nothing I care about, because they're so minute and insignificant that it really doesn't matter. Thats my final statement regarding this.

I'll say the only pity is that all the great characters are gone from GLC

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DEGRAAF

@arnoldoaad said:

@colonyofcells said:

Im not talking about things that were erased just that thins are no longer the same, and the removal of Alan Scott is very minor to some of the other things like the emtire removal of Brightest Day and BN

Well according to recent GL comics BN happened by evidence of Hal talking to Sinestro about it and Black Hand being in the custody of the Lanterns of Compassion. Also i believe it was mentioned in the Hawk and Dove comics when talking about Deadman and Dove still dating and being in love.

I wouldnt say they were changes as much as they are be commented on briefly then blattenly ignored.

I have had issues with recent turn of events as well. I am ok with the 3rd Army but i think if they were going to give the Red Lanterns a full on going series they shouldnt spend so much of their time fighting each other with almost no direction.

Avatar image for juandicimo_magnifico45
    Juandicimo_Magnifico45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems to me that most of the points that you brought up, could very easily be resolved in the future. Cases such as certain characters that we haven't seen in a while, are minor. Just like any comic, small characters come and go in appearance. Those characters you miss will return when the time is right, something that would have happened regardless of the New-52. Stories such as Kyle's relationship are put on hold for better stories. Personally, I would much rather see his character grow as a strong GL more than see his relationships flounder...

On the other hand, some stories NEED to be told. They got rid of the Blue Lantern's home planet, destroyed the Senistro corps, than never brought it up again? Of course they will come back and address these issues, but honestly they are pressing matters.

I am not impressed with the Third Army arc, but we simply have to wait. I do not feel that the GL universe has changed, not one bit. Instead, the GLC has taken some time off from the usual arcs to show massive wars to bring new readers in alongside of the 52. I may be dying for answers on some issues, but nothing has changed.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells said:

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By colonyofcells

I prefer the simpler silver age when Hal Jordan was the only Green Lantern from earth. The other colors are useful for launching more titles. The current stories are easier to follow if the older stories are forgotten.

Rezn0ir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rezn0ir

It is a pickle no doubt about it. I don't like when things get jumbled around. And for lack of a better word, "Jumbled" is how I feel about whats going on with the lanterns in the 52. I was let down with how easily the Sinestro corps was taken down, as it left me with a huge wow.. I mean if that's all it took to be taken out of commission what was the point of these prolonged epic wars. Indigo Tribe is another example of this.

So far the only thing that has me going is how the tricky the Guardians have become. It's rather interesting how acceptably narrow mindedness in trying to keep order makes for an even greater evil. With that in mind It gives me new ways into look at characters like Thaal Sinestro mirroring the GL corps in his own fashion though failed with power of fear. I hope to see a revised use of the yellow power of fear. Plenty of heroes draw on the idea of using fear as a weapon for good. Hell even Kyle as a GL used his power to intimidate a guy during an investigation. And with how things are going. There is no such thing as a good corps anymore, just potential good intentions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rezn0ir:

I think the point of getting rid of the Yellow Lanterns was remove the 'evil' aura attached to them. We have seen corrupted Green Lanterns now and we have seen a somewhat noble Akrillo (yellow lantern), and we have seen all the other colored Crops projected as positive and negative (except blue). I think the point is to show that no corps will be considered as good or evil, but merely capable of both depending on how the user utilizes its power. Sinestro used fear as a necessary evil for a greater good (most of the time-when written properly). I think it makes more sense moving forward because having the other corps as different shades of grey, but yellow evil, would be a bit odd.

Rezn0ir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rezn0ir

@drgnx said:

@Rezn0ir:

I think the point of getting rid of the Yellow Lanterns was remove the 'evil' aura attached to them. We have seen corrupted Green Lanterns now and we have seen a somewhat noble Akrillo (yellow lantern), and we have seen all the other colored Crops projected as positive and negative (except blue). I think the point is to show that no corps will be considered as good or evil, but merely capable of both depending on how the user utilizes its power. Sinestro used fear as a necessary evil for a greater good (most of the time-when written properly). I think it makes more sense moving forward because having the other corps as different shades of grey, but yellow evil, would be a bit odd.

Touché my friend. I couldn't agree more. Lets just hope they don't ruin it.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By colonyofcells

Hopefully, dc can launch solo titles for Star Sapphire and Guy Gardner as a yellow lantern. I have fond memories of Guy Gardner as a yellow lantern.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@colonyofcells:

I think they should use Threshold as primarily a general Lantern comic, with arcs for all the Corps that don't have their own title. They plan to include Blue Beetle, and few other characters, but I'd prefer they focus stays on the lanterns.

I don't see how these guys will keep the comic running ...

Confirmed characters for this series include the Star Rovers, Jaime Reyes as the Blue Beetle, Star Hawkins, Tom Tomorrow and new interpretations of the Omega Men and Captain K'Rot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.