Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2496 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

constructs, non lethal, and how do they work?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SO pretty much I did read up on them before asking this, but I still don't really understand, what is the point of making an elaborate construct like a train or a ship, when either way hitting your opponent with them won't result in death. In the cartoon, John Stewart made boring constructs compared to Hal, guy, and Kyle, but how is shooting a plan lazer blast at the opponent differ from making a chain gun or something out of it?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

i think the Lanterns are capable of manipulating the intensity/density of their constructs. also, i dont think we've ever seen the Lanterns unleash a train or a rail gun on someone like a mugger because it would obviously kill them.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A more creative construct is more powerful. Just shooting an energy blast is weaker, as it is less creative, than a chaingun or helicopter with Hellfire missiles or whatever.

A good example, to introduce somebody to the concept, is in Emerald Knights, the "First Lantern" clip in particular.

And of course they can control the deadliness as much as they need to.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I will look up emerald knights, thank you. And I was mostly confused was because in one issue I was reading the guardians gave the lanterns rings access to lethal use, so in my mind I was like what was it on before stun? How do you throw a bus on someone and stun them, no matter what they did the end result would be non lethal, but that was just probably put in the book to show the severity of the situation.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.