Changing the Lanterns of Earth to other colors.....

#1 Posted by HushoftheWind (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember back when Brightest day/ Darkest Knight story line was going how the GLs of Earth were all different Lantern colors. I wish they kinda go back to that, it fleshed each of they're characters. Kyle as a Blue Lantern was definitely good to see.

#2 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't necessarily like the idea of the current GL's going to other colors, but I love the idea of other Earthlings donning the other rings. My favorite moment in Blackest Night was when the lanterns were deputized, and we saw Scarecrow with a Yellow Ring and Lex Luthor with an Orange. I really think the Orange lantern should be explored more. I love Larfleeze, but he gets very little focus, so a new Orange Lantern, or him finding a way to deputize an Orange Lantern or make a corps, would be a great story for me.

#3 Posted by JakeN7 (13183 posts) - - Show Bio

That's kind of cool...but it defeats the purpose of Green Lantern and the New Guardians. Kyle has been mastering the entire emotional spectrum so it would be hard to peg him as one other color unless it was White I guess.

@serpent222: Yeah, Scarecrow with a Yellow ring was perfect! I also loved seeing Flash as a Blue Lantern.

#4 Posted by Juandicimo_Magnifico45 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome seeing the current Lanterns done other colors, but I don't know how I would feel about keeping them in other corps. I think @JakeN7 is right, we are getting our taste of the other corps with Kyle and his book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.