Follow

Green Lantern

Concept » Green Lantern appears in 2497 issues.

A Green Lantern is an officer of the intergalactic police force known as the Green Lantern Corps, who have the ability to overcome great fear with the might of willpower. They possess power rings capable of creating constructs characterized by their will and strength to use it. Each Green Lantern is given a Sector of the Universe to protect and it is their priority to suppress any threat against their sector.

Anyone else fed up with Green Lantern crossovers?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bezza

..Look, I like the Green Lantern characters a lot, but only want to buy one comic a month, so I get the main title with Hal. Trouble is, we had uprising finish in July and now we have "new gods" coming in October which basically means buying every GL title to catch up.

Well as much as it pains me to do so, I am cancelling my GL comic now. I will just buy the trades I think for the stories I like in future. Anyone else feel the same as me?

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well I personally collect all the GL-related stories out now but yes I am getting a little bit frustrated with the crossovers. I feel like every single story these days is a crossover and it has been with GL and GLC at least. I don't have the problem you do since I collect all but it starts to get a little too worn out and tiring at times.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I keep wanting to catch up with Vendetti's run to see what it's like, but the crossovers have made it expensive. Is this the writer's choice or editorial anyone?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I dropped all GL stuff cause of money, but I'll be picking them all up for the New Gods thing. They do crossover a lot though.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

It is getting really annoying some of them don't even need to crossover. Green Lantern is my fav comic series and it does get to me when there is massive holes in the plot. I am thinking of picking the rest of the GL tie in series in trade just so I have a full story.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuk it, I'm gonna torrent everything GL from now on. This is ridiculous.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I wouldn't mind if the cross-overs were really good...which they're not. They're alright, but not really worth the price. It doesn't feel like I'm reading a GL book anymore, it feels like I'm reading the Expanded Universe from Star Ward with all of these planets and alien races.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I myself read all Lantern-related books anyway, so I don't mind. But I can certainly understand the issue if you weren't interested in a certain book, in having to pick it up in addition to your regular pulls. Then of course you multiply that by four other books if you're only getting one GL title, times several months of the year. I understand how it can be frustrating. The Wrath of the First Lantern issues in some of the series were complete crap. However, I believe Godhead is integral to what Venditti and company are doing.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Would also like a straight story line but god-head seems epic and important, with the life equation and the reservoir, and the new gods saying they are not using the rings to the utmost level and using it in a weak way, it might unlock something new for the corp, all the corps.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.