Should I Pick Up New Guardians?

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody

#3 Posted by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Yes because the story has been nice and it holds the secret for the future of the Green Lantern Universe but it isn't that good.

#4 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997: What are it's main problems? 
#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87:The story looks like rushed at same stages and the battles ain't that good.The good thing is that they show what will it be to a guy if he gets a Green Power Ring.But one of it's biggest problems is that they make Kyle getting into the Green Lantern Universe too quick.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
@TDK_1997 said:

@spiderbat87:The story looks like rushed at same stages and the battles ain't that good.The good thing is that they show what will it be to a guy if he gets a Green Power Ring.But one of it's biggest problems is that they make Kyle getting into the Green Lantern Universe too quick.

hmm thats not good
#7 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

It ties in with Green Lantern a bit, but I'd say it's mediocre. I mean, here I am, I've had it since Wendesday, and I'm reading the forums instead of the book. If you're into GL, pick it up and see where it goes. I do have high hopes, but nothing fantastic is happening yet.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart said:

It ties in with Green Lantern a bit, but I'd say it's mediocre. I mean, here I am, I've had it since Wendesday, and I'm reading the forums instead of the book. If you're into GL, pick it up and see where it goes. I do have high hopes, but nothing fantastic is happening yet.

Mediocre is putting it nicely.

#9 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: I enjoy the art at least, and most of the characters. For the first arc, things were semi-promising, but the ending just wrapped up way to quickly and it was just flat. I'm slightly intrigued by these new events, but I get the feeling the same thing will happen. At least some secret history of Larfleeze should be revealed, which should at least be interesting.

#10 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: Honestly, that's the only thing that will keep me coming back is the backstory of Larfleeze, but other than that, I've been rather disappointed with New Guardians.

#11 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

It has Kyle Rayner the best Green Lantern and random shots of Bleez's booty. I say yes.

#12 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@jloneblackheart: haha, yeah she like the Scarlett Johansson of the NGs.

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Well Kyle is my fav Green Lantern and I like the Blue Lanterns I also get GL but I'm not huge on it really.
#15 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I only read the first 3 issues but I was enjoying it, and I don't enjoy anything :P

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I only read the first 3 issues but I was enjoying it, and I don't enjoy anything :P
I read the first three as well, lol and that is true, you see everything in varying degrees of hate :p
#17 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:

@cracker_jack: Fatality too. http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/razzatazz/i-let-my-breasts-do-the-talking/87-78445/

Thanks for the plug :) I would say at the moment that GLNG is the best of the cosmic series for DC.  It started more mediocre and Red Lanterns was doing well, but Red Lanterns got a lot more mediocre,and Green Lantern Corps has been unreadable in my opinion.  From the pre new 52 continuity Green Lantern has remained unchanged in its tone pretty much, but the much better Green Lantern Corps (from before the reboot) has no real successor, I think that GLNG has the best chance to do so though, and really if Kyle is there then it is the place where Soranik is most likely to show up I guess.  
#18 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it for the large alien cast and the non human-centric storyline so far.  Sure, Kyle plays the center, but the rest of the cast is at least as interesting. 

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart@Deranged Midget: From first to last how would you rank the Lantern books?
#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17974 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Regarding the 52 titles?

1. Green Lantern
  2. Green Lantern Corps
  3. New Guardians
  4. Red Lanterns
#21 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@jloneblackheart: @Deranged Midget: From first to last how would you rank the Lantern books?

1. Green Lantern

2. New Guardians

3. Green Lantern Corps

I'm not reading Red Lanterns, so I can't tell you, but I haven't been hearing great things.

#22 Posted by HolySerpent (12828 posts) - - Show Bio

The new guardians is the best one for me....

#23 Posted by whitelantern64 (94 posts) - - Show Bio

The series has been meh to really promising, but never fullfilled expectations till the zero issue. The zero issue is really bad ass. I hope they change Kyle's costume for the blue and orange lanterns. I dunno somthing about how they really excentuated the space helmet thing wasn't really working for me. The saphire costume also looked really generic. But the red, indigo and yellow lantern costumes looked really epic. Overall I recommend the zero issue if you want a place to jump aboard. Great story, great art. Highly recommend

#24 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@whitelantern64 said:

The series has been meh to really promising, but never fullfilled expectations till the zero issue. The zero issue is really bad ass. I hope they change Kyle's costume for the blue and orange lanterns. I dunno somthing about how they really excentuated the space helmet thing wasn't really working for me. The saphire costume also looked really generic. But the red, indigo and yellow lantern costumes looked really epic. Overall I recommend the zero issue if you want a place to jump aboard. Great story, great art. Highly recommend

You liked the red one? It looks like he has a pot of steaming red fondu on his head.

#25 Edited by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely a must-have. Both, The Green Lantern and New Guardians series are great stories and collaborate well together without the other 2 titles for the crossover.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.