razzatazz's Green Lantern: New Guardians #0 - Love & Death review

You were special

Not to say that I didn't enjoy the series thus far, but if this is to be the new direction for this series, then things are looking very positive here.  As opposed to the cosmic adventures of the previous issues, this issue slows down and looks more at the characters than the action.  I think that series such as this one work best when running parallel to the main developments in the Green Lantern continuity as opposed to being sort of off on their own.  Something is brewing though with the Guardians, and the beginnings of an assembled team here are just about as good as I could hope for, with two of my favourite Green Lantern based characters taking the center stage here.  It is fun to see Carol back in action after a break and with the other developments to come, this should hopefully be a great new direction for the series.