inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided
    Guy Gardner, Arisia, and Kilowog team up for a secret mission, but there's a few stops they have to make first.

The Good

This is the Green Lantern Corps book! No offense to the current series, but it has lost its stride. This book has everything I want from a GLC book: Guy Gardner, Kilowog, and lantern corps members going on missions, no matter how small. It must be incredibly hard to write a Green Lantern book at the moment considering, over the past 6 years, the corps has dealt with Hal coming back, Sinestro forming his own corps, the Light Wars, and the Blackest Night event. It must be hard to tell a compelling story after all of that and I give Peter Tomasi tons of credit for putting a smaller scale story together and making it great. I love the fact that each member of this team has their own smaller agenda, yet they all fight for the same cause. This is a very solid book, writing and art.

The Bad

A new villain is introduced, and it's hard for me, as a huge Green Lantern fan, to get excited because, as I said before, with all these grandiose stories that have happened over the past few years, it's hard to find a threat on that level. This villain, named Zardor, wants to destroy the Green Lantern Corps, much like every other villain. It's the only thing I had a problem with during this book, everything else was amazing.

The Verdict - 4.5/5

This book is a lot more personal to three of the Corps members more than anything else, which is something the Green Lantern books needs a little more of to remain fresh. There's a great scene where a new recruit talks to Kilowog about joining the GLC and Kilowog goes off on him about death and fighting, and it's little things like that, which we get a lot of, that make this book so much more personal to the individual characters, and flat-out great. Green Lantern fans, you need this book. It's highly recommend!
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By sexy_merc

I'm so glad I started picking this up. The only Brightest Day related thing I'm buying until the hardcovers get released. This already tops Blackest Night for me.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Theodore

Getting this today!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
    I think I will check this out...
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

I've never been a huge Guy Gardner fan but I do like his characterization here and Kilowog and Arisia's reasons for going with him are great.

akelatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By akelatal

Sorry; isn't it Kilowog with an "o"?

ShomyCar092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShomyCar092

I like the series so far.... Hope they keep this up... :D

Bobby X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bobby X

I cant wait to read this
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    @akelatal said:
    " Sorry; isn't it Kilowog with an "o"? "
    oops... I'm a terrible Green Lantern fan...
    longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By longbowhunter

I'm a big Guy fan and that was my only reason for initially buying this book. After two issues I've gotta say this title is a keeper. I thought I'd miss Gleason's art more, but I'm really liking  Pasarin's clean lines. He does a Corps book justice. I too feel the main villian is weak, but this title stars 3 of my favorite lanterns. Hope to see Sodam Yat soon!
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Pizawle

It is nice for me to have a new GL series even though it does still reference the past heavily.  Will take me until November to get caught up on regular GL.

RATZGobbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RATZGobbler

This Zardor guy looks glows of Orange Lantern, in fact I'm quite inclined to predict him as the Guardian for the Capricious Corps, or seeing as he's kidnapping those eggheaded pygmies, maybe they will be forced to act as guardians. Doubtful though since they were devoured by snakes. "Why'd it have to be snakes?"

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By NightFang3

I need to read this!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.