starkiller809's Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #12 - The Beast review

Review: Green Lantern- Emerald Warriors #12

After "War of the Green Lanterns" Guy Gardner's life has gone back to be a little more quite, but now there is a HUGE threat? Can he take this Beast down?

THE GOOD:
At first this concept seemed really cool. I think that the whole giant monster escaping after Mogo went boom is cool and also I think that this would be a huge threat. I also loved the fact that Guy Gardner was getting new Green Lanterns to help him. I really like meeting new characters that are cool and will grow on you. The art is really good. I think it's cool and fairly detailed. The dialog is good as always.

THE BAD:
This is rushed! I feel that this series has been suffering last issue and this one. I have a feeling it's because they can't start something too big because of the approaching revamp. I loved that art but I'm really missing Pasarin's art. At first the concept was kinda cool but it was totally destroyed because of the rushed pace.

THE VERDICT: 3/5 (OKAY)
This series was really good until one issue ago. I think that it definitely because of this revamp. (Witch I am excited for) These are self contained stories so you can get this and read it and not be confused but it's not the best comic book you'll read. If you like good comics get all the other issues. This isn't terrible but it's not that great either.

Posted by longbowhunter

All the GL books are suffering from one shot syndrom til September. I agree this wasnt a bad issue, but instead of 3 stand alone stories couldnt we have a 3 issue arc instead dealing with the fallout of GL war. What I did enjoy was Chris Batista's art. Just as with Last Days Of Animal Man, his character designs were very original. He could have easily thrown together 4 generic Lanterns to kill off.
Posted by The Mighty Monarch

I feel like we have enough dealing with the fallout of War of the Green Lanterns, and honestly, how long has it been since we've been able to see one-shot Green Lantern stories in the GL books? Everything's been building upon itself in big arcs and crossovers; I for one found it much more refreshing to have these one-shot issues.

Posted by StarKiller809
@The Mighty Monarch: I enjoyed the 1 issue stories too, but I think that this one really need more time to play out.
Posted by The Mighty Monarch
@longbowhunter said:
We've got the 2 issue miniseries War of the Green Lanterns: Aftermath ($3.99 length issues at that.) And 2/3 of GLC's stand alone issues have been dealing directly with the aftermath. Can't we have ONE Green Lantern series with some nice easygoing stories after years of nonstop crossovers and arcs that just keep building upon each other? (Not that I hated all that mind you, but my point remains.)

@StarKiller809: I personally was afraid this issue was going to feel rushed, but I was happily surprised to personally disagree.