Follow

Green Lantern Emerald Knights

Movie » Green Lantern Emerald Knights released on June 07, 2011.

Green Lantern: Emerald Knights is an DC Universe Animated Original Movie that weaves six interlocking stories of the Green Lantern Corps’ rich mythology around preparations for an attack by an ancient enemy. As the battle approaches, Hal Jordan mentors new recruit Arisia in the history of the Green Lantern Corps, telling tales of Avra (the first Green Lantern) and several of Hal’s comrades – including Abin Sur, Kilowog, Laira and Mogo. In the end, Arisia must rise to the occasion to help Hal, Sinestro and t

Protect, Serve and Kill?

KnightlyTales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By KnightlyTales

Just watched this. I would recommend it to all Green Lantern fans. Good story lines, especially since they deal with other GL's besides Hal Jordan. Mogo once again proves that yes, size does matter. lol  The only drawback that I saw to this movie was the timeline. Someone did post the Blackest Night error but this is dealing with the apparent time that Jordan has been a GL. Based on First Flight, we are led to believe that Jordan was not long on the Corps, as in still a rookie, before defeating Sinestro and Arisa was already a GL. In Emerald Knights, Jordan seems to be fully trained and integrated into the Corps as though he has been there for many months and Arisa is brand new.  Perhaps there was some hidden time warp in First Flight that I missed. You tell me. 

Compared to First Flight, there is also a bit more violence. While we accept that GL's may have to kill in self defence, this goes a bit overboard, as in the Titanic hit a small chunk of ice. Somehow, I just don't think GL's would be quite so mercenary. One other bit, we do get the story of how the Guardian's created the first four rings to combat chaos and create order in the very beginning. Seems like the Manhunters did not exist since they came before the rings, right? Yet Jordan promises to tell Arisa about his fight with the Manhunters. Another time warp perhaps?  

Without giving away too much, Krona is the main villian here, and his shadow demons from the "Crisis". There is only a little bit of a back story here that cried out - "Hey, don't forget the Anti Monitor" but no such luck. 

The Good : Nice to see alien lanterns given a turn. Nice tie ins to what's to come. Plus I finally know how to pronounce Atrocitus 
    The Bad : Nothing really. The aforementioned time difference with First Flight and Emerald Knights does not distract from the story unless you really want to be anal about it. Sinestro's voice over is a tad bit too "English", not to knock you blokes
    The Ugly: Why has it taken so long for DC to make these movies? True, they could be better but GL would have been nice a few years ago when SUperman and Batman animated shows were riding high. It would make a decent (if well written) animated series of its own.

All in all : Worth the purchase. Go out and buy it Poozer! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.