Who is the worst Green Lantern of the Big Five.

• 83 results
#1 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

I wrote a blog a while back and it was hugely successful. I have had well over a hundred comments and they are still coming. It was so successful that I wanted to write two polls to determine once and for all who is the greatest and worst Green Lantern of the Big Five.

The Big Five Green Lanterns have all had their own book at one time. Everyone has had their favorite and least favorite. My goal is to get at least 100 votes so get your friends on comicvine to vote.

Here is the blog:

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/liberty/whats-so-great-about-hal-jordan/87-57237/

#3 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty obvious who everyone is going to pick.

Kyle's the best. I consider Alan in his own league so the Big Five for me is Kilowog replacing him.

#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I like them all equally so i didn't pick.

but i bet you most of the non GL readers choose Guy. people who hate on Guy don't read GL corps.

#5 Posted by cbishop (6308 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really too tough to call, because I think they're all great in one way or another.  I went with Guy though, simply because his attitude  practically made him a villain at times.  Bad, bad Green Lantern.

#6 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan is the worst.

#7 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal.

#8 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't pick here since I love all the characters there.

#9 Posted by ironshadow (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal 

#10 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin said:
" Hal Jordan is the worst. "
#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147021 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say that one of them is worse than the other.

#12 Posted by Earthfall (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal is complicated. He has done so much bad in the world, and yet, he has done so much good. Still, the inconsistancy leads him to be the worst lantern.

#13 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

if Hal wasn't such a failure half the time, I would pick Guy because I just don't like the character. Sadly, I will say Hal though.

#14 Posted by Jake Fury (17922 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Jordan certainly fell off the deep end in the worst possible way.
#15 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal sucks.

#16 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@B'Town said:
" Hal sucks. "
  ...  No, he doesn't...
#17 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty:  Just like the other thread: Are we talking least skilled/powerful or least favorite?
#18 Edited by Captain13 (3023 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people dislike John? =/
I've never heard any complaints about him before. He's underused compared to the rest IMHO.  
And his leadership abilities have almost been forgotten since Johns took over. =(
I actually want an answer.

#19 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe that hal is the one chosen the worst for me it's Guy Gardner he sucks he name his style everything
#20 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:
" I can't believe that hal is the one chosen the worst for me it's Guy Gardner he sucks he name his style everything "
Why does Guy suck?
#21 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
" @B'Town said:
" Hal sucks. "
  ...  No, he doesn't... "

He does.  He's got low end feats compared to Kyle, he spent half of the war of light trying on different color rings, his constructs are bland, he's got next to no personality and the only interesting thing he ever did was travel across America as a straw man for Green Arrow to knock down.
#22 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio

As little as I like Hal, Alan Scott is just too like... Golden Age for me. He feels like a character that should have been retired years and years ago.

#23 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth:
I just sayed
#24 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

Best: Alan Scott
Worst: Hal

#25 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't vote because I don't consider anyone of them bad. A while ago I would have definitely said Guy but recently the comicvine community had given me confidence in him and shown me why he is such a great character. So I'm just going to choose none.
#26 Edited by wallywest55 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if i had to choose. Alan scott bc his ring is "out of date" He still does work in the JSA but would lose in a duel against any of the other lanterns on that list. Best is definitely hal. Also people arent voting on who is actually worse based on skill, they are voting based on personality which has nothing to do with a lantern being good or bad. lol

#27 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@wallywest55 said:
"Well if i had to choose. Alan scott bc his ring is "out of date" He still does work in the JSA but would lose in a duel against any of the other lanterns on that list. Best is definitely hal. Also people arent voting on who is actually worse based on skill, they are voting based on personality which has nothing to do with a lantern being good or bad. lol "

Uh...if a character is unlikeable, they are a bad character.  Nobody said anything about skill level but now that you mension it, Hal has admited that John has more skill than he has, Guy clearly has more willpower and Kyle has boatloads more creativity on top of higher level feats like holding together planets and nuclear fission.

Hal is the worst in just about every aspect.
#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy, from Hal. 

Kyle is the best, and John is second.

#29 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle has better feats than Hal...Post-Crisis.

#30 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" @wallywest55 said:
"Well if i had to choose. Alan scott bc his ring is "out of date" He still does work in the JSA but would lose in a duel against any of the other lanterns on that list. Best is definitely hal. Also people arent voting on who is actually worse based on skill, they are voting based on personality which has nothing to do with a lantern being good or bad. lol "
Uh...if a character is unlikeable, they are a bad character.  Nobody said anything about skill level but now that you mension it, Hal has admited that John has more skill than he has, Guy clearly has more willpower and Kyle has boatloads more creativity on top of higher level feats like holding together planets and nuclear fission. Hal is the worst in just about every aspect. "
Except! He has done Carol Ferris. Major points for that.
#31 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop:   You cut me deep.  Guy is not just my favorite Lantern but my favorite hero. 

@Mediant:   I did not get this question tested out by review groups. : ) I know when you ask me the question I said least favorite but, as I thought about it I think it is best to leave it up to interrpration by the reader.  After all you were the only person to ask and I think in most cases the worst Green Lantern will likely be your least favorite.   

@Captain13:   He was annoying until the DC Animated Universe made him a Marine.  He became a very cool character after that.  Perhapse people remember him as he was.

@GT-Man:  Ouch, I love Guy.  I have to agree with  geraldthesloth.  Why does Guy suck?
#32 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
@wallywest55: Personality is a big part of ability. 
#33 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, didn't realize Hal was still so unpopular. I guess that's why they turned him into a villain and phased out his character in the first place. I thought he made a come back because he was becoming relevant again. I'd have to say Guy because of personality. And I don't like his face. Best for me is Stewart, but I'm alittle biased. I just identify with him the most. 

#34 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio
@xybernauts:   I am glad Hal is so hated at this point because Guy is a close second.  I am bummed to see how many votes he got so far.  I hope that changes.
#35 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

There will never be a GL as cool as Alan Scott in my opinion. Even setting aside personality and such. Alan Scott's powers are so much cooler to me

GL Corp: Space cops who wield rings made of the lights spectrum of emotion
Alan Scott's ring: artifact made from the Starheart, the accumulation of all good magic in the universe whom has now fused with him.

Yeah I'll take Alan Scott.

#36 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Liberty:
As in the previous I already sayed why! IMO anyways
#37 Posted by wallywest55 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal said john has more skill bc john was being emo like and needed a confidence boost. Hal got the ring bc he had the most willpower lol. So how could guy have more? Kyle is creative but doesn't have the will power to really back up the cool shit he does. He gets his asrse beat everytime by major force who hal has beatin no problem lol. Holding planets together and what not huh? ion doesn't count. But like i said previously hal best, alan scott worse.

#38 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

All this Hal hate depresses me. 

#39 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio
@wallywest55 said:
" Kyle is creative but doesn't have the will power to really back up the cool shit he does. He gets his asrse beat everytime by major force who hal has beatin no problem lol. Holding planets together and what not huh? "
He does have the willpower to back it up. Read some of his solo title. The Major Force thing is so wrong. He's beating him way more times. When has Major Force beaten him? Even when he first got his Ring, he whooped his ass. He beat him down another time during Guy's Warrior run. Then there's this:

He held together the planet and stabilized a moon, as well as constructing two hands around a moon, and he could have crushed it. Both were when he was a regular Green Lantern, not ION.
#40 Edited by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Hal the worst?! His book is basically (IMHO) the most popular!!!
#41 Posted by longbowhunter (5837 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Hal for the best GL and now the worst. Best because he is generally known as the greatest Green Lantern. Worst because of the Parallax shit back in the day. I guess John Stewart could come in at a close 2nd. He did let Xanshi get obliterated.
#42 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio
@primepower53 said:
" How is Hal the worst?! His book is basically (IMHO) the most popular!!! "
Popularity has nothing to do with it. I actually know more people in real life (don't read comics) who know John Stewart as the Green Lantern.
#43 Posted by wallywest55 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh got me sir. Touche. However kyle is still not the best skill nor power wise. Will never be. Hal however is right now and will be for a long time. Unless my boi guy puts him down in emerald warrior. Anyway still alan worst hal best. (tho guy is my fave)

#44 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

Guy will probably beat him in Emerald Warrior, near the end since Tomasi is a huge fan. Kyle is the most powerful Lantern, Post-Crisis, unless you include Alan.

#45 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@longbowhunter:  One word, retcon.  =] 
#46 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard choice.. Might go with Hal Jordan for this one.. Not that I find him "bad", but my least favorite..
I mean Guy's awesome!
John's great!
I kinda grew up with Kyle as GL.
And I always liked Alan for being different, having his own "twist" on the GL powers.

#47 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

How ironic is it that Hal so far is the winner of both the best and worst Green Lantern of the big five

http://www.comicvine.com/green-lantern-corps/65-6992/who-is-the-greatest-green-lantern-of-the-big-five/92-569837/#60

#48 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

You Forgot G'nort
#49 Posted by Liberty (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

Only need 36 more votes!

#50 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.