Follow

Green Lantern Corps

Team » Green Lantern Corps appears in 1590 issues.

The Green Lantern Corps is an intergalactic police force dedicated to the promotion of order and democracy throughout the universe. Each Green Lantern member protects a sector and it is their duty to defend it from any possible threat.

The Book Green Lantern Corps SHOULD Be

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Captain13

Now that John Stewart is going to be the main Green Lantern in GLC, I've found myself more interested in the book. After giving it some serious thought, I've come up with my perfect Green Lantern book.

I think that the best writer for the book would be Joshua Ortega, the writer of the Gears of War 2 video game. He's also written some Star Wars and Escapist comics. I would love to see him write GLC as a team book in the vein of war stories like Gears of War, Black Hawk Down, and Battle Los Angeles.

The artist would be Stuart Immonen.

The book would be a team book, but the main character would continue to be John Stewart, the leader of Echo-1, a small squad of Honor Guard members who respond to threats too big for sector lanterns. Not only is John the leader of Echo-1, he's also one of the most respected, well known, and powerful Green Lanterns in the entire corps. He's one of their best leaders and diplomats. We should see Flashbacks of his childhood in bases abroad, as well as him attending Westpoint, being recruited into Delta Force, and being trained as a GL.

It would also star Kilowogg as the big, funny, heartwarming but badass member of the team. He'd crack jokes in the middle of fights, curse at enemies, and treat battle like a football game.

Arisia would be the heart of the team, who is looking for her fiance. He was taken captive in a raid by the Red Lantern Corps.

Isamot would be the sarcastic brain of the team. He's been in leadership positions before, but he keeps getting demoted due to his mouth. He's got a great relationship with Kilowogg, but gets into sarcastic spats with Arisia.

Hannu would be the quiet guy, spiritual Lantern who demonstrates his badassery through his actions and spiritual quotes.

The team would also have a rookie member who is still wet behind the ears. He'd basically be the Carmine.

Salaak would coordinate squads like Echo-1, Delta-6, Centari-Blue, and Midnight Sun.

The team would battle the likes of the Sinestro Corps, the Black Lanterns, the Star Sapphires, the Red Lantern Corps, Larfleeze, the worshippers of Pytar, Mongul, and a bevy of other space baddies.

The GLC would use military language like Wilco, Form up on me, Watch my six, etc. They'd make combat plans, but more often than not, they'd make things up as they went along.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Not bad. I'd read it. although the Sinestro corps is defunct (although they could reform, if im not mistaken) and the Red Lanterns/Star Sapphires aren't enemies of the GL corps anymore, so you'd probably have to find someone else to put in their place.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

Not bad. I'd read it. although the Sinestro corps is defunct (although they could reform, if im not mistaken) and the Red Lanterns/Star Sapphires aren't enemies of the GL corps anymore, so you'd probably have to find someone else to put in their place.

Haven't been keeping up with GL lately but are the manhunters still around at least?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@avenging_x_bolt said:

Haven't been keeping up with GL lately but are the manhunters still around at least?

i think so. i'm not completely sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.