Spoiler: Green Lantern #1 Cover Reveals the Lantern of Sector 2814 [Updated]

• 143 results
Posted by G-Man (34945 posts) - - Show Bio

We thought we had seen the cover to September's Green Lantern #1. It turns out that bloody fist with the Green Lantern power ring isn't the actual cover. Or perhaps it's a variant.

Today, DC's The Source has revealed the cover to Green Lantern #2 by Ivan Reis and Joe Prado featuring the newest member of the Green Lantern Corps.

Sinestro is now a freaking Green Lantern (again)? What is going on? If you didn't have a urge to check out Green Lantern #1 in September, you should now.

Update

Here's the solicit for Green Lantern #2 from The Source.

== TEASER ==

GREEN LANTERN #2

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art and cover by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY
Variant cover by DAVID FINCH
1:200 B&W variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
On sale OCTOBER 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Renegade Green Lantern Sinestro sets a course for Korugar with one purpose: To free his homeworld from the scourge of… The Sinestro Corps?!
Staff
#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

A 'new' or 'old' Green Lantern? Is he a GL 'again' or 'still'... or is it just a cover to mislead everyone? :)

#2 Posted by keithmoon316 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

<head explodes>

#3 Posted by jordanbines (9 posts) - - Show Bio

The hell man?

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Coming back from my break to say;

CALLED IT!

Back on break.
#5 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it!
#6 Posted by Sakurafire (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a flashback.  Or another Origin story.  Oh John Stewart, where art thou?

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

This has gotta mean they're redoing Hal's origin and retelling the formation of the Sinestro Corps. 

#8 Posted by G-Man (34945 posts) - - Show Bio

From The Source:

Check out the newest member of the Green Lantern Corps.
Staff
#9 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait? What?

#10 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if Hal can join Sinestro Corps...

#11 Posted by RavenT2 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT THE WHO-HA?!!!! YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!

#12 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@keithmoon316 said:
<head explodes>
#13 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, don't blame me...I voted for G'Nort.

#14 Posted by leokearon (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.
#15 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

Whhaaaaatttt!? 

#16 Edited by The Stegman (24629 posts) - - Show Bio

.....WTF??
#17 Posted by CrimsonTempest (307 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like I'm being force-fed a spoiler here! ARGH!

#18 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

If people paid attention to the solicits and the original announcement they knew that the bloody fist wasn't the cover, considering the solicit listed Ivan Reis as the artist, and the bloody fist cover clearly had Dave Johnson's signature on it. Plus when the new GL titles were first announced, Geoff Johns commented in the announcement that they couldn't reveal the real GL #1 cover yet, but assured us that it would reveal something game changing. 

But holy shit, really? Although I kind of saw it coming. As soon as I saw the words " You're not going to believe who the latest Green Lantern is." I though, Sinestro, Atrocitus, or Alfred. 

Seriously, Alfred deserves a Green Lantern ring. Look at what he's put up with for years!

#19 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought he looked better in green anyway..............no homo

#20 Posted by Ice Zero (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Yawza! Sinestro Man ? Well that's a true redemption! But what happens to the Sinestro Corps ? Will it be "Arkillo Corps"? or "Parallax Corps"?

#21 Posted by Omega-Man (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't judge a book by it's cover when has a cover of a comic been correct about the inside story? I mean look at Cry for Justice it has Freeman/Shazam making out with Supergirl, and that didn't happen in the comic at all.

#22 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (889 posts) - - Show Bio

If this isn'y a flashback story and Sinestro is the main character of this book, I'M ALL IN! But I'm not getting my hopes up.

#23 Posted by The Poet (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! I reported it first! na na nay boo boo!

#24 Posted by Sylver (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it! :-D  Ok so he had his ego problems, but he was a freakin' awesome green lantern! ;-) Can't wait for this!
#25 Posted by perry_411 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro was always the best Green Lantern. Hate him being made into a villain

#26 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused!

#27 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's true then the greatest Green Lantern has returned. YAY

#28 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro is now a freaking Green Lantern (again)? What is going on? If you didn't have a urge to check out Green Lantern #1 in September, you should now.

Nah, my urge to check this out is still non-existent.
#29 Posted by The Mighty Monarch (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, it just hit me, he's not just the newest Green Lantern. He's the new Green Lantern OF SECTOR 2814. 

That wasn't his sector before, why is it now? And what does it mean for John and/or Hal? (Or was John promoted to Honor Guard at the end of Revolt of the Alpha Lanterns, I forget.)

#30 Posted by KAINSANGO (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe part of dc's revamp

#31 Posted by FalcomAdol (116 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!

#32 Posted by fitchy101 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally guessed it.... 

#33 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, It's certainly intriguing.

#34 Edited by Scarlet_Rogue (152 posts) - - Show Bio

but is it Sinestro, or Flashpoint Sinestro?

EDIT: after reading GL#67 this totally makes sense. I take back my sarcasm.

#35 Posted by KINCART (225 posts) - - Show Bio

I really saw this coming since they said there would be a new Lantern in issue 1.

#36 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

A 'new' or 'old' Green Lantern? Is he a GL 'again' or 'still'?

My thoughts exactly
#37 Posted by ozker1127 (46 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ice Zero
or maybe "Hal Jordan Corps"
#38 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just excited that it appears that they aren't going to be using the movie style costumes in the reboot like they have been in Flashpoint....also Ivan Reis is sick!

#39 Edited by Misterwizz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns has done hill but this hit rock-bottom!
And just for the record what there to surprised about? Everyone been predicting this since day one. Don't you think Johns is a tad bit predictable.

#40 Edited by Misterwizz (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@perry_411
He was always a villain! Even in his first appearance! That's the whole point of his character, but Geoff Johns is ruining it for me!
#41 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironic how out of the four musketeers it is Hal who no longer has a Green Lantern comic.

Then again Sinestro was the coolest part of the GL movie...

#42 Posted by LassieOfDoom (45 posts) - - Show Bio

calm down everybody, i got this!
...well, actually, i dont... WHAT THE HELL? but im looking forward to it and i hope to be surprised

#43 Posted by Battlepig (214 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, as much as I like Green Lantern, I can't bring myself to care about this. it's not that I love or hate Sinestro being a Lantern, but I simply don't care. No emotional response. I'm not curious to see how this comes about, nor do I think it's a bad move. In fact, all I could think was "Eh, him." and that was that. Now, if I'm the only one to feel this way (it could be because I am insanely tired) then it's all good. But if there are more people who simply do not give a rat's arse, then there just might be something wrong with the way GL is being (not) relaunched.

#44 Posted by Misterwizz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone willing to take bets how long this will last?

#45 Posted by UltimateSMfan (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

wait......his eyes are Yellow,does that mean something?

#46 Posted by rouder (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you people even reading GL? all this happens within the story, it is not some retcon out of nowhere or anything. Just read the latest issue.

and if you do not read Johns' run, why are you here in the first place?

#47 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not even a Green Lantern fan, really, and seeing this was pretty awesome. 
And it's stuff like this and Barbara Gordon walking again that makes me excited for the DC relaunch.  Stuff that shouldn't/couldn't happen in the DC Universe as is.

#48 Posted by jrpeevyhouse (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes the first few issues worth reading, that is for sure.
#49 Edited by All_Around_Nerd (58 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mighty Monarch said:

Seriously, Alfred deserves a Green Lantern ring. Look at what he's put up with for years!

Yes, Yes he does 
but it could be alfred in a sinestro disguise
#50 Posted by mikeclark1982 (424 posts) - - Show Bio

so what the hell is the war of the green lanterns about then? the fact that they tried to stop the ring from going to sinestro? goddammit i need a damn asprin now because it is CONFUSING!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.