New Green Lantern Trailer Explaining the GL Corps

• 118 results
Posted by G-Man (31772 posts) - - Show Bio

To watch or not to watch? Heck with it, you should watch this. This explains what the Green Lantern Corps is about and what's the deal with their glowing rings. Perfect for those that need to know what this is about before deciding whether or not to see it. Of course we're all going to watch it.

Now show this to your friends and tell them to spread the word.

Staff
#1 Posted by feargalr (1156 posts) - - Show Bio

Stupid Ryan reynolds wrecking the awesome green lanterns......

#2 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

How great would it be if we get Parallax taking control of Hal? ;)

#3 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Green Lanterns!!! Save us Ryan Reynolds!
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

each new trailer, eases some of the initial fears I had for this.

But at the same time, What's up with the Hammond/ Parallax relationship?

#5 Posted by dorsk188 (235 posts) - - Show Bio
@carnivalofsins00 said:
That sounds like a standard movie sequel to me.  Like the toxicity of Iron Man's arc reactor or the black suit Spider-Man, it's an obvious (and somewhat tired) direction to take a franchise.  Also, expect a black (but equal) ally in a sequel.  I'm already expecting a John Stewart casting call.
#6 Posted by Burnstar1230 (209 posts) - - Show Bio
@dorsk188 said:
@carnivalofsins00 said:
That sounds like a standard movie sequel to me.  Like the toxicity of Iron Man's arc reactor or the black suit Spider-Man, it's an obvious (and somewhat tired) direction to take a franchise.  Also, expect a black (but equal) ally in a sequel.  I'm already expecting a John Stewart casting call.
I think they already have someone cast as John Stewart, but it's only going to be a bar room brawl between him and Hal.
#7 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!!
!@dorsk188 said:

@carnivalofsins00 said:
You know what be cool !?!
If we got to see Guy, Kyle and john in the same movie.
#8 Posted by darkrider (442 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome

#9 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many spoilers, but good trailer.

#10 Posted by Kenjav (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, after seeing Asgard, Oa frankly seems a bit disappointing. I still don't feel like I'm watching Hal Jordan, but Ryan Reynolds in a green suit... but maybe that's just me.

#11 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

This pretty much sums up the entire plot of the movie now..... great. I do hope the Hammond/Parallax relationship is worth it, because none of the trailers explicitly show whats up with them.

#12 Edited by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what people say about this movie because it looks EPIC!!! ^_^

#13 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks cool because its only showing the space sequences which is only 25% of the movie. Once you see the rest of it, its going to be horrible. Ive read the script and that script combined with bad main actors and a villain that doesnt look threatening will equal something not so good.

#14 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

parallax looks like a turd a laid this morning wich was indeed pretty scary

in all seriousness   i think this movie will be good

#15 Posted by DoctorTrips (127 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't help but feel ambivalent to this; nothing against it I do hope it's not a giant crapfest like Avatar, that being all flash and thunder and no substance. That said it has the appearance of not having it's head in it's ass - and apparently Hal Jordan has a secret identity so that's a plus for not breaking that tenet, I already like it more than Iron Man one.

#16 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: Are you sure you didn't read the Carebears script? If so, yes it was pretty horrible.
#17 Posted by dorsk188 (235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Burnstar1230 said:
@dorsk188 said:
@carnivalofsins00 said:
I think they already have someone cast as John Stewart, but it's only going to be a bar room brawl between him and Hal.
Right you are.  I'd expect him to have a bigger role in a sequel, or be recast.

I was just checking the cast and they have Amanda Waller to be played by Angela Basset...
That just doesn't seem right...
#18 Posted by MuadDiab (331 posts) - - Show Bio

cool to see Hal Jordan flying around

#19 Posted by NakAttack (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Where is Guy Gardener?

#20 Posted by darth bul (130 posts) - - Show Bio

wow

#21 Posted by KingLoki (390 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#22 Posted by killawogg (9 posts) - - Show Bio

man each trailer gets me more and more into it, i hope this movie rocks

#23 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks AWESOME!!!!!!!! I will see this first day for sure.

#24 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited x10.

#25 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe: Im a huge Green Lantern fan but im also a film student. If I wasnt a Green Lantern fan then i wouldnt have gone through hell to read the script. It wasnt good. Not that it was bad. But it was alright. And even after pumping (was it 25,000,000?) dollars into cgi, it still looks like crap. The directing looks horrible. The scenes that weve seen away from Oa look like sh*t. Its almost like Thor. Everything in on earth in Thor was horrible. It would have been a better movie if it was entirely in Asgard. But sadly I think GL is going to be worse. I think itll make some money but not as much as they think its going to make. It wont live up to Thor or Captain America because of all the hype. I blame Martin Campbell for ruining this movie. And I blame Warner Brothers for hiring him. Hes past his prime and doesnt fit in with this era of film. In fact there are a lot of directors who dont. Thats why almost every movie made in the last two years have been bombing.  Most of my family works at Warner Brothers and a family member of mine who distributes films to theaters said that Green Lantern is being made until the last second it comes out. Theyre still working on it. its going to be incomplete by the time it comes out. I have no faith in this film at the moment, but im hoping the movie will prove me wrong because I cant stand to see people not knowing the real green lantern, bashing it.
#26 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123: I can understand that. I think one of the biggest issues is making Hal Jordan appear to be a complete invalid with low self-esteem. It's already been done, but it seems to be the premise of the movie itself. I'm still going to use the movie as an excuse to get to first base, unless I go alone. Then again...
#27 Posted by lectriccolossus (436 posts) - - Show Bio

the graphic look dissapointing, i dunno not much hope for this movie sadly    :/
#28 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmmm...... CGI looks weird... Jordan looks weird

#29 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
@sesquipedalophobe: Im a huge Green Lantern fan but im also a film student. If I wasnt a Green Lantern fan then i wouldnt have gone through hell to read the script. It wasnt good. Not that it was bad. But it was alright. And even after pumping (was it 25,000,000?) dollars into cgi, it still looks like crap. The directing looks horrible. The scenes that weve seen away from Oa look like sh*t. Its almost like Thor. Everything in on earth in Thor was horrible. It would have been a better movie if it was entirely in Asgard. But sadly I think GL is going to be worse. I think itll make some money but not as much as they think its going to make. It wont live up to Thor or Captain America because of all the hype. I blame Martin Campbell for ruining this movie. And I blame Warner Brothers for hiring him. Hes past his prime and doesnt fit in with this era of film. In fact there are a lot of directors who dont. Thats why almost every movie made in the last two years have been bombing.  Most of my family works at Warner Brothers and a family member of mine who distributes films to theaters said that Green Lantern is being made until the last second it comes out. Theyre still working on it. its going to be incomplete by the time it comes out. I have no faith in this film at the moment, but im hoping the movie will prove me wrong because I cant stand to see people not knowing the real green lantern, bashing it.
yeah i agree with you to an extent. The marketing isn't good. THis trailer proves as much. They gave away too much. Other trailers were badly put together. CGI looks bad in some aspects and they should have gotten better writers. Much better writers. As for direction, there are a few cheesy parts i saw in the trailers but i think it was ok. I hope DC and Warner learn from this. I really wanted to see that Flash movie though. if this bombs that dream goes away.  As for Thor its overrated as with Iron Man.  
Seriously though i don't know what Warner was thinking when they made this. 
#30 Posted by jboncha (29 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is looker better and better with every new preview.

#31 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I must say, with every new trailer of this, I'm getting more excited.

Though I feel like I should start reading some Green Lantern.
#32 Posted by thveej (203 posts) - - Show Bio

hope this is good, really hope this is good. Green lantern ha potential to become an awesome movie, the action sequences can be so awesome if the lanterns can make crazy ass constructs. Fingers corssed

#33 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3502 posts) - - Show Bio
@jboncha: I absolutely agree.
#34 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I really really really really REALLY want this movie to be good, but I dunno...

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8985 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this a great trailer for new comers to Green Lantern. I think I might show this to my friends who do not read comics, which is pretty much all my friends, to convince them to see the movie.
#36 Posted by MrErbac (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like the comics. So it's cool in my book. I'm going to see it.
#37 Posted by jboncha (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:

I really really really really REALLY want this movie to be good, but I dunno...

I have high hopes for this too.
The only thing that I worried about is this "galactus from FF RotSS" vibe I'm getting with parralax
#38 Posted by shawn87 (2095 posts) - - Show Bio

That was awesome

#39 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

kool
#40 Posted by spystreak (2063 posts) - - Show Bio

pretty cool trailer but trailers often lie look at Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
#41 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that the thing that has me thinking about this film the most are the Reese's Peanut Cup promo's, lol?

OMIGOD....I. Love PB Cups sooooOOoooooOOOooo much....mmmmmmmmm!
#42 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Like many of you hear I really REALLY hope this turns out to be a great movie and actually does well. After their last non Batman/Superman attempt (poor Jonah Hex), they better not mess this up. So far the only mistake was the first trailer. Though it seems they've won back the confidence of the fans....well most of them.

#43 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kenjav said:
Well, after seeing Asgard, Oa frankly seems a bit disappointing. I still don't feel like I'm watching Hal Jordan, but Ryan Reynolds in a green suit... but maybe that's just me.
This.

Also, I cannot help but agree with anyone that's skeptical.  This movie still doesn't look like it will be that good.  I hope it does great, but the special effects look pretty bad.  Don't get me wrong, I'll still go watch it, but my expectations are really, really low in hopes to not get disappointed.  Sadly, I still think I will be.  We'll see.
#44 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (526 posts) - - Show Bio

No Mogo, No Money! D:

#45 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

the more i see these trailers, the less I like the way he delivers that last line of the oath. GROWLING =/= COOL

#46 Edited by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope this movie flops.

#47 Posted by sweatboy (804 posts) - - Show Bio

remember that thing someone wrote about DC movies vs Marvel? it was about animated stuff,.. but yeah, the point was Marvel did more origin stories but DC carried out their movies in good balance. Origins are always necessary though. I know i'm going to like this after i've seen it

#48 Posted by Darkseid_Beyond (16 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie should do alright.  I get more and more excited with each new trailer they release.  Out of all the Superheroes I've always liked the Green Lantern.  I wonder if it's true that we will get a Cameo from John Stewart, (future Green Lantern, not the Comedian), in this movie?  That would be awesome if they did.

They say that Chris Nolan's Batman will not connect with Superman in anyway but I wonder if they will attempt to connect Superman and Green Lantern in someway?  They don't need to over do it, they could just have Angela Bassett appear in Superman as Amanda Waller.  It would be a very subtle connection but the fans would get it.

That's what I would do anyways.
#49 Posted by Feniks (366 posts) - - Show Bio

lol at 0:20... I thought that was Saruman's tower from Lord of the Rings xP

#50 Posted by pikahyper (11778 posts) - - Show Bio

I can easily see Reynolds being the only bad thing about the movie, everything else looks pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.