greenlantern movie reviews are in

#1 Posted by Chunksie101 (19 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Chunksie101 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I'm torn. My favorite reviewer ebert gave The Green Hornet a stingingly bad review, because of this I went to see the film but not in 3d and I loved it. But with everyone smashing on The Last Airbender I did not go to see the film at all. I still think I want to see this movie, despite the bad reviews. What do you say? With the reviews now out, would you still go to see greenlantern movie?
#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58156 posts) - - Show Bio

: / I was looking forward to it...

BB

#4 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, GI Joe got terrible reviews, and I love that film (as a popcorn movie). Anyone expecting high art or The Dark Knight is seriously deluding themselves.

#5 Posted by Samimista (20833 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still going to watch Green Lantern no critics can change my mind.

#6 Posted by Billy Batson (58156 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Eh, GI Joe got terrible reviews, and I love that film (as a popcorn movie). Anyone expecting high art or The Dark Knight is seriously deluding themselves.

Stranger things have happened... 

BB

#7 Posted by Jake Fury (18936 posts) - - Show Bio

Still gonna go see it. Blake Lively=me there.
#8 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7909 posts) - - Show Bio

Still want to see it.

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17723 posts) - - Show Bio

Critics are hypocrites. I never read reviews, I judge the movie myself.

#10 Posted by longbowhunter (7323 posts) - - Show Bio

The reviews sound pretty grim but that wont stop me.
#11 Posted by MydLyfeCrysis (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing will stop me from seeing and enjoying this movie. Nothing. And if it is super terrible, then you will find me in Arkham rewriting the script on my cell walls.

#12 Posted by Nocall (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly never really had high expectations for this movie. Hal isn't my favorite lantern, and Ryan Renolds is far from my favorite actor. I'll still probably go see it, but I'm not rushing out this weekend.

#13 Posted by Chunksie101 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still going to watch the movie myself, I don't believe any movie can be worse than The Last Airbender.
#14 Posted by monico (13 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget: same. still going to go out and watch it. if it sucks then it sucks.
#15 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

Not every movie that comes out is a masterpiece. I avoid listening to critics.

#16 Posted by Edamame (28294 posts) - - Show Bio

Critics are paid to criticize.  If they didn't have anything to criticize or complain about, then they would lose their jobs. LOL  It is as simple as that.  Therefore, it is best to simply formulate your own opinions.

#17 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

@Edamame said:

Critics are paid to criticize.  If they didn't have anything to criticize or complain about, then they would lose their jobs. LOL  It is as simple as that.  Therefore, it is best to simply formulate your own opinions.

Sounds like you're just saying that because it's a movie you like. I think it's up there with the likes of Electra, Ghost Rider, the Schumacher era of Batman movies. It's in great company!!!!

OPENING

24%Green LanternJun 17
44%Mr. Popper's PenguinsJun 17
20%The Art of Getting ByJun 17

TOP BOX OFFICE

83%Super 8$35.5M
87%X-Men: First Class$24.1M
35%The Hangover Part II$17.7M
83%Kung Fu Panda 2$16.5M
33%Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides$10.9M
89%Bridesmaids$10.1M
15%Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer$6.1M
92%Midnight in Paris$5.8M
77%Thor$2.4M
78%Fast Five$1.7M

CERTIFIED FRESH IN THEATERS

98%Born To Be WildApr 08
98%Bill Cunningham New YorkMar 16
96%Cave of Forgotten DreamsApr 29
96%13 AssassinsApr 29
94%Win WinMar 18

#18 Posted by jayster (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw it and I have to say I'm glad the critics panned it cuz I went in with lowered expectations and ended up enjoying the movie all the more

#19 Posted by Jo_Bug (23 posts) - - Show Bio

A comic shop here arranged a screening last friday night - i thought it was great! i'm not familiar with Green Lantern, but it did a good job of appealing to fans and non-fans alike i though.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.