Follow

Green Lantern Corps

Team » Green Lantern Corps appears in 1590 issues.

The Green Lantern Corps is an intergalactic police force dedicated to the promotion of order and democracy throughout the universe. Each Green Lantern member protects a sector and it is their duty to defend it from any possible threat.

Do you think there's going to be a GL Corps on Earth-2?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

Topic of Discussion is the title. Or do you just think it's going to be Alan Scott? Maybe he'll be apart of the Corps instead of Hal, John, Guy, and Kyle. I feel like Earth-2 is going to be VERY unpredictable so maybe..

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AweSam

I doubt they'll change it much, the new Earth-2 is just an excuse to re-introduce Power Girl.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Onemoreposter

@AweSam said:

I doubt they'll change it much, the new Earth-2 is just an excuse to re-introduce Power Girl.

Yeah, it's not like anyone cares about Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Carter Hall, Jim Corrigan, or any number of other classic golden age and jsa characters...

*rolls eyes*

I'd bet Scott is going to be the only E2 lantern, at least for the first couple of years

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I hope not

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By SoA

there is a earth-2 comic coming out starring the jsa , so guessing that alan scott will be the only GL , which im fine with

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By SoA

@Archlord: with the jsa (hopefully they are not old), alan scott as the only (and original) GL is kinda cool and im looking foward to this new wave of 52

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By jsphsmth

Earth-2 doesn't look like the old Earth-2. It looks more like an Earth of Legacy heroes, Dick is Batman, Donna is WW, etc. So I would guess no, but I would expect Jade to show up as Alan Scott's dauhgter. Much like Huntress is Batman's daughert and Power Girl is Superman's daughter.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By SuperShafe

I'd Expect not , Alan will probably have the star heart.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

@jsphsmth: It's not confirmed that those are Dick, Donna, and Conner. That's just speculation.

@SuperShafe:@Archlord: I duuno, I feel like because its a "fresh start" for any character they want, they'd throw us all a curve ball with the ring factor.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jsphsmth

@ArturoCalaKayVee: It is confirmed that Huntress is a legacy character and she is Earth-2. Follow the logic and Earth-2 is an older world populated by legacy characters. The blurb that Robbinson released about the series suggests as much.

“Earth 2 is a world that’s very like our own, but at the same time vastly different. It has known great conflict and danger...a dark menace defeated but at a great cost both to the Earth and to its superheroes of that time. Now, in the present as new menaces emerge to attack the Earth, so new heroes must emerge too, learning to work as a team (or perhaps Society is a better word) while facing these new threats head-on. Who are these heroes? Will their powers include speed, bestial fury, and maybe even green light? Wait and see.”

Key points:

"a dark menace defeated but at a great cost both to the Earth and to its superheroes of that time" = old superheroes died

"new heroes must emerge" = legacy characters take over the dead heroes roles

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By _Zombie_

If any, Alan would be the only one who'd fit, considering the series is going to be more about the JSA.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I hope not, it'll be redundant 

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kidchipotle

@jsphsmth: I stand corrected. Let's see what happens then :P

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jsphsmth

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@jsphsmth: I stand corrected. Let's see what happens then :P

I am wrong about Jade. I hope I am not wrong about the legacy hero part.

(Variant cover shown)

EARTH TWO #1

Written by JAMES ROBINSON

Art by NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT

Cover by GREG CAPULLO

1:25 Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

On sale MAY 2 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

• First issue of an ongoing series from writer JAMES ROBINSON and artist NICOLA SCOTT!

• Who are the heroes of EARTH 2 – and what befell them?

• Starring ALAN SCOTT, JAY GARRICK and many others!

• You may think you know Earth 2…but this is DC Comics – The New 52, where anything can happen!

• Don’t miss the extra-sized debut issue!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kidchipotle

@jsphsmth: I would love the legacy part, but honestly, I would prefer it as a separate book or with legacies on the same team (similar to Justice Society Infinity). I really want to see alternate versions of Bruce, Clark, and Diana working with Jay, Alan, Ted, etc. I've never read a Golden Age comic so I don't know what it's like. I want to see Dick as an adult Robin again also. Stuff like that. I really liked the original Earth-2 take but if the new earth two is done correctly, we'll see how it goes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.