Follow

Green Lantern Corps

Team » Green Lantern Corps appears in 1588 issues.

The Green Lantern Corps is an intergalactic police force dedicated to the promotion of order and democracy throughout the universe. Each Green Lantern member protects a sector and it is their duty to defend it from any possible threat.

Creator Changes in the GREEN LANTERN Comics [Update]

• 72 results
    RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RustyRoy

Somebody needs to fire the DC editorial. If they don't want the writer to write what he/she wants then why don't they write it themselves. That's exactly why they lost writers like Mark Waid, Mark Miller, Ed Brubaker. If DC doesn't treat their writers well then they'll just go to Marvel and Image. Marvel has strong relationship with its writers, that's why they are no 1. I was really looking forward to Fialkov's run, sad to see him gone.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Lvenger

What the hell is going on with the DC Editorial staff? Writers are leaving left, right and centre. Apparently 3 more creators were supposed to leave but I never heard anything about that. It's a poor show from DC to ditch 2 fan favourite writers who looked like they were going to do something spectacular in both regards but now all that's moot. Action Comics, GLC and RL will bear a bitter taste from all this nonsense. And too right. I haven't been this angry at DC for a long time. Usually it's Marvel who annoy me.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Lvenger

@G-Man: Don't worry about the naysayers G-Man. It's far better to run with a confirmed story than to jump into the fray based on unconfirmed rumours. Your professional judgement was right on the money since running with rumours can backfire quite easily.

@arnoldoaad: Have you heard about anymore creators leaving DC?

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By arnoldoaad

@Lvenger said:

@arnoldoaad: Have you heard about anymore creators leaving DC?

not yet but i think no one else will leave for now

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By skooks

It's a shame when writers aren't allowed to just be creative and do their job. I love DC but this is a little worrying, they're driving great talent away and what's more, they seem totally fine with it.

Mahzian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Mahzian

I wish the editors would balls up and just write the damn comics themselves, they obviously have no faith in the writers

That60sGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By That60sGuy

@G-Man said:

@Trevel8182: Sorry for trying to get reviews done and work on finding bug issues for the new site. I would think better late than never. Sheesh.

HAHAHA! You tell 'em G-Man.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By EnSabahNurX

O_O Um so I guess I'll scratch those two titles from my pull list O_O Funny never read a GL book, but when he described his idea for it he caught my interest. Whelp that thought went out the window. Luckily he had his foot in the door at marvel, so he can get stable work/paycheck from them while pursuing other projects. 

Congrats on knowing when to bow out before editorial stains your reputation. In the long run it seems like a smart move instead of having his name on something he was not proud of. ^___^ Best of luck. 

I'll see what titles of his I can fit on my pull list.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bladewolf

Damn it, I really wanted to see Guy become a Red lantern again. Guess I won't be buying either of these books now.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60  Edited By kagato

This is bad news, two higher profile writers leaving DC after nearly being forced to change a story which DC themselves agreed to? Sounds a little too close to what happend with George Perez on Superman and the books (crazy McCrazy) Leifeld had been working on. I was sad to see Falkov getting his excellent book I Vampire being cancelled but this and what happend to Gail Simone is not painting a very pretty picture of the higher ups in DC right now.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#61  Edited By kagato

@Nightwing_Beyond said:

@G-Man: I completely agree with your course of action. Comicvine's professionalism in verification and confirmation is an attribute that is scarce in the world of modern journalism. By the way, I got to the spoiler part of the Higgins podcast the second Nightwing came out on the DC app at 12:06am. The timing was perfect. Got to read the comic then listen to Kyle's commentary about the issue right after since you delayed the spoilers. Great call!

Agree 100% with this, the reason writers are so happy to speak to comicvine in the first place is because they dont publish rumours or speculation.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
    The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The_jackolantern

Maybe failkov was going to tell a really crap over the top story and and after the editors said no then he left!we don't know what goes on in the dc halls!plus if you heard the podcast the other week he is on like 8 books so probs best he left before spreading himself too thin

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Mucklefluga

The DC editorial staff need to stop being idiots or they will have a writer leaving every day.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Just to nitpick but you should probably change the title of this thread.. the creator of Green Lantern didn't change.. the creative team did.

CrashBang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By CrashBang

I was beyond excited about Fialkov taking over GLC and couldn't wait to start reading RL purely because of him.

Now? I'm instantly dropping GLC and RL. Bummer. DC, you are really fucking me off today.

jik3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jik3

I have mixed feelings on this and what it most likely means about Action Comics. On one hand, it kinda sucks that writers aren't being given full control over their story lines. On the other hand, one thing I've felt with the new 52 is it allows DC to recreate their universe as a true mythos. Which they haven't always done a great job with. So I guess we'll just have to see with what stories do come out of all of this.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SmashBrawler

@The_jackolantern said:

Maybe failkov was going to tell a really crap over the top story and and after the editors said no then he left!we don't know what goes on in the dc halls!plus if you heard the podcast the other week he is on like 8 books so probs best he left before spreading himself too thin

No, he left because he wanted to write about John Stewart, a greatly underutilized character, but DC apparently wants to kill him, so Fialkov decided to leave instead of changing his story.

mrzero1982pt2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mrzero1982pt2

I hate this is happening, not because I am a fan of GL, but also a fan of Stewart. When you write a book, you are supposed to have free reign on it, because the book is YOURS. you are the captain of the ship for your tenure and he obviously wanted to focus on another character like Johns did with Baz for almost a year. Why would you want to kill off one of the most popular lanterns?!?!?!?!!? 

Maybe if we continue to scream in outrage, they will possibly bring him back and allow him to do what he wanted. 

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

This is a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I was interested to see what direction he would have taken GLC, HOWEVER, he made it clear during interviews that both GLC and Red Lanterns would be closely connected, and I was not in the mood to add RL to my pull list just to understand GLC.

kilowog52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_jackolantern said:

No, he left because he wanted to write about John Stewart, a greatly underutilized character, but DC apparently wants to kill him, so Fialkov decided to leave instead of changing his story.

Where are you getting this intel on DC killing off Stewart? It sounds like a load of baloney to me.

It sounds to me like Fialkov wanted to take the story in a direction that would conflict with the story Vendetti was taking the main book. That's the thing about shared universe continuity. Not everyone can have their way. Just like when Johns wrote the main GL book, there were several other titles including the pre- and post- New 52 Green Lantern Corps volumes, GL: Emerald Warriors, and Green Lantern: New Guardians. Though each of these books had their own writer, Johns was steering the entire GL line. I think it's safe to assume that Vendetti has that same privilege. It also seems to me that DC and Fialkov parted mutually on good terms. For all we know, he may be the next writer to steer GL after Vendetti. However, Vendetti has the reigns now.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler said:

@The_jackolantern said:

Where are you getting this intel on DC killing off Stewart? It sounds like a load of baloney to me.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/21/fialkov-left-dc-comics-over-plans-to-kill-off-john-stewart-dcs-black-green-lantern/

Of course, DC cancelled Stewart's death shortly after the story got out. A lot of people have already started to theorize that Simon Baz's true purpose was to replace John as the "etnic" Green Lantern. This is much like DC firing and re-hiring Gail Simone or them giving Power Girl her old costume back.

Mr. Messy Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did a video on this.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.